Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Some one Peddle harder

Wikiposts

Some one Peddle harder

Old Jul 3rd 2003, 1:26 pm
The Tooth Fairy

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Today its wet , cold and windy but and if , then again .
The Weather forecasters have as much idea about tomorrow as do most of the informed guessers , it may be cloudly if the Sun does not shine who can tell.

Read once that some parts of the world are easier to forecast than others independently of monitoring and modelling sophistication. Aus is, apparently, one of the more difficult areas, the US one of the easier ones.

I imagine forecasting availability of energy in the UK is becoming more difficult especially when coal mining is being restricted by carbon dioxide emmissions limits and political limits on nuclear.

Old Jul 3rd 2003, 1:26 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by rday
hey peeb,do you remember the power strike in th 1970s,i was bout 5 or 6,and mum and dad use to make lanterns from jam jars make a hole in the lid,pull rag thru hole ,fill with parafin,and light(we were to poor to buy candles)
aahh,you have just evoked some fond cozy memories,thanks pb,you have your uses,
Happy days I worked 3 days for one company and 3 days for another plus signed on for 2 days never been so well off since.
Mad Maggi was ploting on Teddy Heaths lap , then she was only Maggi the Milk snatcher.

Old Jul 3rd 2003, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

Fatso is an unknown quantity at this point

hayes middx(unfortunatly not kent)
Ignore my previous shit

What's it like in Hayes - truth.
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 1:28 pm
The Tooth Fairy

Originally posted by Fatso
why are you kissingf this blokes arse?
grow up
You can kiss mine is you beg nicely.

Old Jul 3rd 2003, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by The Tooth Fairy
You can kiss mine is you beg nicely.
i'll stick my arse under me pillow you can get it from there
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

rday will become famous soon enough

Ignore my previous shit

What's it like in Hayes - truth.

total shit hole,but really handy as workbase due to being in a densley populated area(the work is rarely more than 10 mins away)i do repairs on domestic properties(plumber self employed)
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

total shit hole,but really handy as workbase due to being in a densley populated area(the work is rarely more than 10 mins away)i do repairs on domestic properties(plumber self employed)
what;s it like if you work in central london?

Is it good for transport to say oxford street or the strand?

Is it rough for living in? I mean, say you are just gonna live there and go to work and come home again.
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

what;s it like if you work in central london?

40 mins by train,not bad

Is it good for transport to say oxford street or the strand?

good,took the wifeandkids to see stomp at the strand tonite,drove,took 80 mins at 6pm to get there,30 mins at 10pm to get home.

Is it rough for living in? I mean, say you are just gonna live there and go to work and come home again.

when i say shit hole,i mean visually,.most of hayes was council houses,now all bought privately,but will always look council '' not being classist '' said the toilet mechanic.
crime is prob average
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

when i say shit hole,i mean visually,.most of hayes was council houses,now all bought privately,but will always look council '' not being classist '' said the toilet mechanic.
crime is prob average
Thanks mate. 40 mins by train to central London is good. Your driving times are good too. Must say, surprised you want to leave but each to their own.
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks mate. 40 mins by train to central London is good. Your driving times are good too. Must say, surprised you want to leave but each to their own.

people usually take what they currently have for granted,

..its nicer to want than to have..

etc etc
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 10:02 pm
gOD
Forum Regular

gOD is an unknown quantity at this point

A vision of Britain in 2020: power cuts and the 3-day week
This was posted before. Can't believe anyone can actually believe that this tells the situation as it will be in the future.

I would take a look at the economics of power generation. Gas is not the only means of generating power, or even one that we are reliant on over here...
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 10:15 pm
The Tooth Fairy

Originally posted by gOD
This was posted before. Can't believe anyone can actually believe that this tells the situation as it will be in the future.

I would take a look at the economics of power generation. Gas is not the only means of generating power, or even one that we are reliant on over here...
Peddle Power?

Old Jul 3rd 2003, 10:23 pm
gOD
Forum Regular

gOD is an unknown quantity at this point

Peddle Power?
Have to use the unemployed for something
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 10:33 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by gOD
Have to use the unemployed for something
not in sth oz , with a crop every 3mths [hydro] they make more money than you or me.............. MM
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 10:40 pm
The Tooth Fairy

Originally posted by mr mover
not in sth oz , with a crop every 3mths [hydro] they make more money than you or me.............. MM
By George, you ARE brilliant! Of course, Hemp! Enough of it and the British will see through their shallow materialism and drastically cut their power consumption, the crops will EAT up carbon dioxide and the cows will go back to being sane again! Well Done. Take a smilie and a wink

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.