Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

some info on moving to oz and jobs help

some info on moving to oz and jobs help

Old Jan 28th 2003, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default some info on moving to oz and jobs help

Hi there just found this sight have just come home from a 4 week holiday in geelong,victoria near melbourne spend the time there visiting family(cousin) and staying there its my first time in australia and i loved it there weather and the people where so nice to talk too not to mention a lot of very nice looking girls/ladies there somethings i did not like like bad tv and other little stuff i can live without

i come home and not sure what i want to do with my life im only 30 years of age and dont want to leave it too late im now not sure if i want to move there and spend the rest of my life or go there for a year and try it out and then if liked dont come back

i have a home here in the uk plus other stuff so i would need to sort that out if wishing to start a new life in australia i need some info and help on what i do where i can get some help and anyone who has done or has thought about what i want to do

im a pipfitter by trade and have worked offshore on the oil rigs and oil/gas terminals etc here at home i was wondering if there was a demand for this trade in australia and if so where best to find this work i may wish to change jobs in future and train for something else but right now i need to think on what i want to do

as said i have only been home a few days now and already miss not being over there met many people and made loads of friends who knows when or if i did go there it might not be for me but i cant be wrong like most people there way of life over there is much better

any info and help and stories about what i ask above would be great right now and i just dont know what i want right now
Old Jan 28th 2003, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: some info on moving to oz and jobs help

First off you need to see whether you are eligible to go long term, or only for holidays.

Check out the Oz Immigration Website for the criteria and download the skilled booklet. Basically you need to pass the points test, get skills assessed and get 115 points or more. Alternatively you can apply for different visa if you have close relative over there, not sure if cousin is enough......Once you've submitted your application it takes about a year to be processed.

Good luck and feel free to ask any questions about the process.

www.immi.gov.au

Cheers
Mash...

Originally posted by brian.w
Hi there just found this sight have just come home from a 4 week holiday in geelong,victoria near melbourne spend the time there visiting family(cousin) and staying there its my first time in australia and i loved it there weather and the people where so nice to talk too not to mention a lot of very nice looking girls/ladies there somethings i did not like like bad tv and other little stuff i can live without

i come home and not sure what i want to do with my life im only 30 years of age and dont want to leave it too late im now not sure if i want to move there and spend the rest of my life or go there for a year and try it out and then if liked dont come back

i have a home here in the uk plus other stuff so i would need to sort that out if wishing to start a new life in australia i need some info and help on what i do where i can get some help and anyone who has done or has thought about what i want to do

im a pipfitter by trade and have worked offshore on the oil rigs and oil/gas terminals etc here at home i was wondering if there was a demand for this trade in australia and if so where best to find this work i may wish to change jobs in future and train for something else but right now i need to think on what i want to do

as said i have only been home a few days now and already miss not being over there met many people and made loads of friends who knows when or if i did go there it might not be for me but i cant be wrong like most people there way of life over there is much better

any info and help and stories about what i ask above would be great right now and i just dont know what i want right now
Old Jan 28th 2003, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

don't forget that you 'may' be eligable for state sponsored to vic
which will reduce application time down to 4-6 months

cheers

richard
Old Jan 28th 2003, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: some info on moving to oz and jobs help

Sorry, I didn't understand your email, you'll have to post Q's here, so others can answer. And use full stops...please!!

Mash..

Originally posted by brian.w