Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Some good news for anyone whos interested

Wikiposts

Some good news for anyone whos interested

Old Jul 13th 2006, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

invictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really nice
Default Some good news for anyone whos interested

Hi Guys,

As I lurk alot, thought it was time I updated eveything, been in Australia 7 years sept, moved to Perth last December, to join eldest son in Navy, marriage broke up and I thought I had settled in Rockingham!!!! Hahahaha
fell head over heels in love with wonderful man, Perth born and bred, now moved into Southern Suburbs, close to the Airport (very useful when parents come to visit), my Divorce hearing was last Friday, went ok and the absolute will be finalised on 8 August. Only fly in ointment is daughter has had to change from Safety Bay High School to one where we now live, she starts beginning of Term 3, cant believe how much my life has changed around in the last 6 months from being a unhappy, lonley single parent to being in a relationship with a man who treats me with respect and as an equal.

Still studying for my Accountancy Degree, and will aquire a step daughter and step son later this year when me and OH tie the knot, also going to be step grandma at Xmas !!!! :scared: So to everyone who knows me, thank you for your support, I lurk a lot on this site but dont post very often.
Life certainly seems worht living, but through all of the traumas of the past I have never seriously thought about going back to the UK, we are planning a trip back when daughter finishes High School but thats 5 years away yet.
Old Jul 13th 2006, 8:47 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some good news for anyone whos interested

what lovely news for the weekend. Congrats and good luck for the future. xxx
Old Jul 13th 2006, 9:09 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by invictia
Hi Guys,

As I lurk alot, thought it was time I updated eveything, been in Australia 7 years sept, moved to Perth last December, to join eldest son in Navy, marriage broke up and I thought I had settled in Rockingham!!!! Hahahaha
fell head over heels in love with wonderful man, Perth born and bred, now moved into Southern Suburbs, close to the Airport (very useful when parents come to visit), my Divorce hearing was last Friday, went ok and the absolute will be finalised on 8 August. Only fly in ointment is daughter has had to change from Safety Bay High School to one where we now live, she starts beginning of Term 3, cant believe how much my life has changed around in the last 6 months from being a unhappy, lonley single parent to being in a relationship with a man who treats me with respect and as an equal.

Still studying for my Accountancy Degree, and will aquire a step daughter and step son later this year when me and OH tie the knot, also going to be step grandma at Xmas !!!! :scared: So to everyone who knows me, thank you for your support, I lurk a lot on this site but dont post very often.
Life certainly seems worht living, but through all of the traumas of the past I have never seriously thought about going back to the UK, we are planning a trip back when daughter finishes High School but thats 5 years away yet.
Ahh, that is brilliant news. Have followed your ups and downs and travels around the country etc. So pleased you have found a good man and place. Post some piccies of the wedding.
Old Jul 13th 2006, 9:11 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

Good for you......and post more often from now on.

Enjoy and be happy x
Old Jul 13th 2006, 9:27 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I always read the updates when I spot your name! You've really been through it, and anyone whose followed your posts must admire you
Old Jul 13th 2006, 9:35 pm
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

Congratulations - glad things are working out for you. What a difference a few months makes!
Old Jul 13th 2006, 9:40 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear an update on life from you Invicta....very happy that you have met a good guy and life is panning out well for you. Take care and stay happy

P x
Old Jul 13th 2006, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

invictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really nice

I must admit I do lurk, normally every day! Read lots of posts, having been through all the emigration lark, long before I knew you guys even existed!!! By far the easiest way in was to marry an aussie, I'm still "polite" to my ex, and we have a house to sell yet, but that is all, my daughter doesn't want to know him at all, even to the point of changing her mobile no.
All my kids like my new man, he treats them with respect as well, we had great time at Monkey Mia at Easter, he was also a single dad for past 10 years so he knows how tough it can be, some friends have said that we are moving to quickly and if we were 20 yrs younger we would agree with them, but we are 41 and 49 respectively and know what heartache is and just want to be together cos lifes too short.
After my marriage break down I never contemplated another relationship and the depth of my feelings for this man surprised me!
So there you have it, I'm happy, the happiest I have been for at least 7 years, my kids love him, so I'm going for it!
I love Perth!!!! Wish I had come here years ago, still finding my way around it though, go to Vic Park to Gloria Jeans every wed night for a coffee, and been dragged to Subiaco to watch his beloved Dockers lose!!! (Daughter and I are avid Crows fans!!!!!)
I read with interest peoples posts on homesickness, its never been an issue for me, perhaps I am lucky, ok my dream didnt end quite the way I thought it would, but I never considered moving back.............I found a little saying a short while ago that a woman is like a tea bag, you never know how strong she is until you put her in hot water, in my case that was very true, I have become strong, wise and independant, too independant according to OH (I love being able to say that!) he is of the old school and wants to protect me!!!!
What more is there to say...............to all of you that ARE homesick, just try to remember when in Rome...............stop comparing and try to live the same as the aussies, we may talk the same language and drive on the same side of the road, but that is really it, also give it TIME to adjust, even though I had no homesickness I still needed to give it time to adjust to the australian way of life, that took me personally about 2 years, to be comfortable with difference brands of food, the way some words were pronounced, govt depts, etc., once you relax it becomes easier, go with the flow, slow down and just take it one day at a time..................once I get going theres no stopping me! I promise I will post my experiences over the past 7 years more, having lived in the outback and now the city.

Thats all for now folks!
Gotta get ready, going out for dinner!!!!
Old Jul 13th 2006, 9:56 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

Lovely news. Hope you have a fab wedding

Last edited by thebears; Jul 13th 2006 at 9:56 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jul 13th 2006, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Well, he hasn't officially asked me yet!!!! Again being of the "traditionalist" nature he is waiting until my divorce is finalised before asking me!!!!! Although we have talked about either tying the knot around our birthdays, which are Oct and Nov or on New Years Eve!!!!! Will let you know when it happens!!!!!
Would like to go to the meet ups at Hilarys if they are still going, Rockingham was a bit far to travel...............would be nice to meet up with some of you, I can get to most places around perth - if I have the map!!!! Only just learnt how to get from my new house to Vic Park!!!!LOL
So anyone want to meet up somewhere. let me know,
Cheers
Sal xxxx
Old Jul 13th 2006, 10:19 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

What a wonderful story Sal
Really pleased things have worked out so well for you.
Best of Luck for the future.
Julie. x