some good news

Old Sep 10th 2003, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Dee_e56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default some good news

Well today was a good day, why, well we own a house in Wales and at present its being rented out through agents. I found out yesterday that the agreement was not due to expire untill middle of April. This worried me because the rent does not cover the morgage etc and at present we have to send money every month to cover this, I knew this would be difficult to do on a wage in NZ. But today I found out that the tenants want to move out the middle of Nov and agents have agreed to let us out of the contract. Now I can sell the house sooner. This means that if my husband does not get the job offer we will still be able to go to NZ and look for work, which as I have found out from this site is much easier.

I would like to hear from others who have also taken the plunge and just gone to NZ with no job offer etc. How did you find the experience?. Did you stay there? Was it easier or harder than you first thought.
We are traveling with our two children who will be 12 and 15 any tips with traveling with older kids.

Thanks
Dee
Old Sep 10th 2003, 4:37 pm
NZ 2004 ... Inshallah

robernelli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: some good news

Originally posted by Dee_e56
Well today was a good day, why, well we own a house in Wales and at present its being rented out through agents. I found out yesterday that the agreement was not due to expire untill middle of April. This worried me because the rent does not cover the morgage etc and at present we have to send money every month to cover this, I knew this would be difficult to do on a wage in NZ. But today I found out that the tenants want to move out the middle of Nov and agents have agreed to let us out of the contract. Now I can sell the house sooner. This means that if my husband does not get the job offer we will still be able to go to NZ and look for work, which as I have found out from this site is much easier.

I would like to hear from others who have also taken the plunge and just gone to NZ with no job offer etc. How did you find the experience?. Did you stay there? Was it easier or harder than you first thought.
We are traveling with our two children who will be 12 and 15 any tips with traveling with older kids.

Thanks
Dee
Can't help you Dee but I would also be interested to find out what people have experienced. I also have had a good day. I applied for my first job in NZ today, in Wellington and have just had the confirmation of the sale of my wife's house (this is funding our move). My wife wants me to apply for jobs from here as she is the cautious type. Having read on this and other sites, I would feel more confident about going over and giving it a go than previously. We shall have to see what happens. For me, there is only a few potential employers who advistise on their websites so I wonder how much it would be of an advantage to go over, other than for the obvious convenience of interviews. It could be expensive to keep on going over for interviews if I am not successful in getting an offer. The fist 1 or 2 visits would be ok as this is money that would have been spent on accommodation/living without income whilst first moving over. After that...this is as yet unaccounted expenditure.

Rob