Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Some advice please

Some advice please

Old Nov 2nd 2011, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

amomentofstillness is just really niceamomentofstillness is just really niceamomentofstillness is just really niceamomentofstillness is just really niceamomentofstillness is just really niceamomentofstillness is just really niceamomentofstillness is just really niceamomentofstillness is just really nice
Default Some advice please

Hi folks

I'm a recently qualified mental health nurse from Scotland and I've got a job lined up in Tamworth on their mental health new grad program. It's due to start in March next year, just waiting on the job offer via professional connections.

I've got my working holiday visa (with medicals) and submitted my ahpra application.

The hospital have said that they will turn my working holiday visa into a sponsorship visa once I arrive

Question is, would I be able to travel to Sydney now and work, is there a maximum number of employers with this visa? I know you can't work for the one employer for more than 6 months

Any advice would be great, I'm also a bit scared incase the job offer falls through but I think that's just me imaging the worse
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 7:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some advice please

Originally Posted by amomentofstillness
Hi folks

I'm a recently qualified mental health nurse from Scotland and I've got a job lined up in Tamworth on their mental health new grad program. It's due to start in March next year, just waiting on the job offer via professional connections.

I've got my working holiday visa (with medicals) and submitted my ahpra application.

The hospital have said that they will turn my working holiday visa into a sponsorship visa once I arrive

Question is, would I be able to travel to Sydney now and work, is there a maximum number of employers with this visa? I know you can't work for the one employer for more than 6 months

Any advice would be great, I'm also a bit scared incase the job offer falls through but I think that's just me imaging the worse
If you have the WHV then you can go to Australia from whenever it is valid. And if you can find a job you can work. Is this a trick question, I think might have missed your point.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

amomentofstillness is just really niceamomentofstillness is just really niceamomentofstillness is just really niceamomentofstillness is just really niceamomentofstillness is just really niceamomentofstillness is just really niceamomentofstillness is just really niceamomentofstillness is just really nice
Default Re: Some advice please

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
If you have the WHV then you can go to Australia from whenever it is valid. And if you can find a job you can work. Is this a trick question, I think might have missed your point.

Yeah my mind was in a bit of a haze when I posted this. I've got a job as a nurse in March, but wasn't sure if coming in November would affect that job but it wont because the hospital are sponsoring me after I start

Flights booked for 3 weeks