Solicitors!!!

Old Aug 31st 2005, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

rangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud of
Unhappy Solicitors!!!

Our buyers wanted to complete on 27th, we wanted to complete on 30th and fly to Perth 4th oct, removals booked for 26th and now today we get phone call from estate agents to say buyers solictor is on holiday! the week we are suppose to be completing and wants to complete on 23rd So I have now got to get removals to take our things the week before and they have to do it 19th/20th (19th being our sons birthday) so we are not happy.
Anybody else had this sort of experience?
Fortunately friends have kindly said we can stay with them for the 2 weeks before we go.
Nicola
Old Aug 31st 2005, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Solicitors!!!

Originally Posted by rangersman
Our buyers wanted to complete on 27th, we wanted to complete on 30th and fly to Perth 4th oct, removals booked for 26th and now today we get phone call from estate agents to say buyers solictor is on holiday! the week we are suppose to be completing and wants to complete on 23rd So I have now got to get removals to take our things the week before and they have to do it 19th/20th (19th being our sons birthday) so we are not happy.
Fortunately friends have kindly said we can stay with them for the 2 weeks before we go.
Nicola
Surely the solicitor has a locum who can do the paperwork. Completion is just sending the money and faxing a form. The solicitor could do that from an internet cafe by the beach if minded.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 10:46 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

Nicola

sorry im not answering your question but i do wish you all the luck in the world and hope it all works out for you
good luck for your future

jan & gaz xx
Old Sep 1st 2005, 7:53 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Nicola
We have moved the shippers back twice already but I can't really blame the solicitors, they were keeping schtum on our buyer's request. It is a pain for us (and you) but entirely ordinary for the shippers. Try and look on the brightside, it came forward not back otherwise you would have been worried about the sale until the last moment. (Anyone notice I have got chirpier since we got better news on the house? )
Old Sep 1st 2005, 8:10 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by worzel
(Anyone notice I have got chirpier since we got better news on the house? )
Yes, I have noticed and it's good to see you back on form