Solicitors!!!!

Old May 15th 2004, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

stefian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Solicitors!!!!

Sorry need to moan before I cry

We were by the estate agent we will probably look to complete our house sale at the end of may( which is only two weeks away now). we have asked our solicitor for information and she keep coming back with "not heard anything yet". As most of you know the last two weeks before you leave are really stressful and busy. because we have no infor we cannot cancel or book anything. we have no flights and no accomodation. We have not been able to hand our notice in for our jobs or anthing.

the shippers rang to say they have only one day left, so iv'e had to book it, we now have a race on to exchange on Monday to I can confirm or cancel shipper- don't want to cancel because another date will be weeks into June. Rang everyone to explain this, non one rang me back even after repeated phone calls. all we want is a date so we can organise.surely two weeks notice is not too much to ask.....is it?

aaaaargh is sooooo frustrating.

finished moaning now......sorry

Steph
Old May 15th 2004, 4:56 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of
Default Re: Solicitors!!!!

I can sympathise completely, we are due to complete the 21st, with no sign of an exchange of contracts at all. The shipper is booked and then they decide the 21st isnt any good its got to be the 28th, well at least they are doing something. They are exchanging contracts on tuesday (yipee) the shippers come wednesday but instead of it going on a ship they are going to store it all just in case something happens.
Solicitors are the scum of the earth, our buyers solicitor lied about the local searches not coming back, he hadn't applied for them, one phonecall to nice lady at the council sorted that one, and I told my solicitor that the other one should have a career change as house conveyancing just was not him. She did agree. So fingers crossed homeless this week and into a caravan we go.

Jenny
Old May 15th 2004, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

..and they have the nerve to charge a bloody fortune.......
Old May 15th 2004, 9:20 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sj oldfield
..and they have the nerve to charge a bloody fortune.......
Not half as much as estate agents!!

Nicola
(A solicitor who gets pissed off with people tarring us all with the same brush!)