Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sold House And No Visa's

Sold House And No Visa's

Old Oct 31st 2005, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

WacandJill has a spectacular aura aboutWacandJill has a spectacular aura aboutWacandJill has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Sold House And No Visa's

Originally Posted by geary11
SOLD HOUSE AND NO VISA'S

Hello just want to know how many people out there have sold there house with NO visa's in hand as us the gears have to be out at the end of NOVEMBER and SHIPPERS coming NOVEMBER 25 OMG please tell me there are others. :scared:
Wow - Brave or what?
I personally wouldnt even have put the house on the market until the visas were granted, but thats just me, not brave in the slightest.
As for sending all your furniture over before being granted - this really is brave - what if you get refused, then your furniture is half way around the world, then you would have to pay to get it back.
Hopefully you can find a rental property until the visa hopefully comes through. unless you can all stay with family, but not everyone has room for a full family, as opposed to just a couple.

I think you are very brave - I wouldnt be able to sleep at night wondering if we were going to get the visa at all, let alone before the furniture goes.
But thats how silly we are, as we were granted our visa last week, and the house isnt even ready to put on the market, so we have wasted months already.
So go for it, I am sure it will all slot into place. You have an offer on your house, which is more than some, you can always stay in a hotel etc., But think carefully about sending your furniture.
Those who act fast, get results - hope this is you.
All best wishes
Jill
Old Oct 31st 2005, 9:17 pm
Springbok

Springbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to all

Your are lucky, really. We sold our house before getting our TRA back. :scared: Sold both cars, now run around in two old bangers. We have rented out a farm house from month to month. Sold all our furniture. Have just got to get the little bits we kept shipped. We are sending the main application soon. We are thinking positively. As soon as we get our visa we are off. No stress no hassle. Our folk sit with houses not sellling and other hassles. Keep smiling, chill out and just think you have got the crappy bits done.

Ewan & The Nutters
Old Oct 31st 2005, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

We have had our house on the market since June and haven't even put in the visa application yet. :scared: The way we look at it is that if we sell then we can rent for six months or so and once the visa is granted we have no house to worry about trying to sell. We dont even consider the possibility of not being granted a visa as the thought of emigrating is all that keeps us going at the min. Worse case scenario, we have the house sold and God forbid we dont get the visa, so we look at going some were else or buying a new house, :scared:
Old Oct 31st 2005, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Springbok
Your are lucky, really. We sold our house before getting our TRA back. :scared: Sold both cars, now run around in two old bangers. We have rented out a farm house from month to month. Sold all our furniture. Have just got to get the little bits we kept shipped. We are sending the main application soon. We are thinking positively. As soon as we get our visa we are off. No stress no hassle. Our folk sit with houses not sellling and other hassles. Keep smiling, chill out and just think you have got the crappy bits done.

Ewan & The Nutters
couldn't agree more. glad we're not the only ones so laid back in life !!
Old Nov 1st 2005, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

geary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
couldn't agree more. glad we're not the only ones so laid back in life !!
that's wot i said to my husband,once we sort the house out,we can sit back and wait for the visa's without worrying about selling the house! That's the hard part, no more strangers going in and out and in and out! it's having to go thru all our stuff and deciding whether to keep it or give it to charity! i'm going thru the my clothes today!! it's gonna be a long day!!!
Old Nov 1st 2005, 10:21 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

SOLD HOUSE AND NO VISA'S

Hello just want to know how many people out there have sold there house with NO visa's in hand as us the gears have to be out at the end of NOVEMBER and SHIPPERS coming NOVEMBER 25 OMG please tell me there are others. :scared:
We sold our house last October, then APPLIED for our visas in January
Old Nov 1st 2005, 10:49 am
Just Joined

vwboomer has a brilliant futurevwboomer has a brilliant futurevwboomer has a brilliant futurevwboomer has a brilliant futurevwboomer has a brilliant futurevwboomer has a brilliant future
Talking Re: Sold House And No Visa's

We sold in august without visa being granted, should be getting them soon, paid bond 2 weeks ago now just waiting. We said oh what the heck we sell we get the visa we go. Or we sell don't get the visa and we just move to a new house anyway. Currently crashing at my parents with hubbie and 2 teenagers. Bonus is i work full time and mum who is retired is in her element cooking and clearing up. Offered to help numerous times but just get told i like being busy and i don't work you do. So hey ho, having a rest from the usual household chores............. vw boomer
Old Nov 1st 2005, 11:18 am
CJN
Forum Regular

CJN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vwboomer
We sold in august without visa being granted, should be getting them soon, paid bond 2 weeks ago now just waiting. We said oh what the heck we sell we get the visa we go. Or we sell don't get the visa and we just move to a new house anyway. Currently crashing at my parents with hubbie and 2 teenagers. Bonus is i work full time and mum who is retired is in her element cooking and clearing up. Offered to help numerous times but just get told i like being busy and i don't work you do. So hey ho, having a rest from the usual household chores............. vw boomer
We've sold our house, hopefully moving out to our parents on the 19th November. The police checks went off on 23rd Sep & meds on 3rd Oct after being requested.
We took the view to get our money out of the house ASAP.
I'd rather that we had the money waiting for the visa than had the visa waiting for the sale.
If we do get turned down we're free agents to do whatever we want.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Madhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the rough

Yes we no exactly how you feel, we sold our house 1year before recieving our visa's altho we only thought it was gonna be for 6months...We lived with my sister for 5months my mum for 4 and the rest with the mum in law :scared: ... It was very hardwork with 2 kids and living out of suitcase's but then again was fantastic when the visa's did arrive as they came through the door one day and we were on a plane 2 days later
8 months on and were now stress free and loving every minute of our new lifes

Goodluck and here's hoping you wont have too much longer to wait!!

Claire & Family
Old Nov 1st 2005, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

clanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to all

Does anyone know where you can store furniture and items as my brother in laws house cant fit all our stuff in? oh and its in central scotland
Old Nov 1st 2005, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

vwboomer has a brilliant futurevwboomer has a brilliant futurevwboomer has a brilliant futurevwboomer has a brilliant futurevwboomer has a brilliant futurevwboomer has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by clanwylie
Does anyone know where you can store furniture and items as my brother in laws house cant fit all our stuff in? oh and its in central scotland
Try big yellow or spacemaker they have stores throughout the uk and i think scotland. If not do a search on one of the search engines. Type in something along the lines of self storage, you should get some hits. hope this helps. We have ours in spacemaker, they have storage from cupboard size to 200cubic feet.
vwboomerdog
Old Nov 1st 2005, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

alinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to all

that's wot i said to my husband,once we sort the house out,we can sit back and wait for the visa's without worrying about selling the house! That's the hard part, no more strangers going in and out and in and out! it's having to go thru all our stuff and deciding whether to keep it or give it to charity! i'm going thru the my clothes today!! it's gonna be a long day!!!
Hi Yes we too are in the postion, exchange tomorrow, visa app went august, have a rental for 6 months, in which time hopefully we will get our visas around feb, hubby can give 1 months notice and we will be off!! Oh and we have 2 small children in tow. All abit scarry but i feel we can relax for 6 months and enjoy ourselves with friends and family and cope with all the emotional rollercoaster without the hassle of selling the house, and if it all goes wrong we will be in a good position to buy again !!!!!
Old Nov 1st 2005, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

sakfab_91 will become famous soon enoughsakfab_91 will become famous soon enough

Same boat, sort of !!

we have plane tickets to leave UK 22 Nov and no visa yet!! Spouse is Aus citizen so no problems with him, Australia House got my completed app yesterday, so hopefully 3 weeks is enough time for them to turn around a spouse visa, otherwise.......