Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

sold house to a BritishExpat!!!!

sold house to a BritishExpat!!!!

Old Dec 31st 2003, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

najo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sold house to a BritishExpat!!!!

We just sold our house to a BritishExpat from London!!!!!! So from March01/04 we'll be homeless!!! The Toronto RealEstate market is boiling right now and we thought it was the right thing to do. We have to go the Aud100 000 route so we wanted to have the money ready when requested. I know it's kind of a gamble... I mean we haven't that yellow enveloppe quite yet. But we were looking to leave downtown Toronto anyway. My husband is not the urban type. Happy New Year to all of you on the forum. I visit the forum on a daily basis and it makes me feel good knowing we're not the only ones about to make the big move!!! I am also a newbie at this!
Old Dec 31st 2003, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

How `far` are you?
Old Dec 31st 2003, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by S Oldfield
How `far` are you?
Two long canadian winters away!!!
You must think we're crazy but as I mentionned before, we were planning on selling anyway! DIMIA just charged our credit card at the beginning of December. So we're like 48 weeks away!
Old Dec 31st 2003, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you canadian by birth, quite like the sound of Canada, bit too cold for me though.
Old Dec 31st 2003, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by S Oldfield
Are you canadian by birth, quite like the sound of Canada, bit too cold for me though.
Yep!!! I am actually from the province of Quebec (the french speaking one), married to a portuguese born/german raised/recently turned Canadian/soon to be Australian man!!! Confusing enough for you. You're right, Canada is a great place (I love Toronto) but it's just too cold for our taste.