Wikiposts

Sold house!!!!

Old Apr 11th 2003, 9:11 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice
Default Re: Sold house!!!!

Originally posted by jasmin

By the way - we used Pickfords who we didn't find perfect but not too bad - UK end very helpful - short staffed office here so a little more difficult to get the right help but on the whole not too bad.
Friends moved within a week of us and used Whites - there stuff was lost comnpletely lost for about 1 month. I don't think I could cope with that stress.

Nicki

For those still getting removals quotes try this one Mr Charles Perry at e-mail Avmstorage (I can't understand why there is no @ in it but it works) I got a verbal quote from them £1000 cheaper than the next best. (door to door with 1% insurance at value) Worth asking anyway
Congrats on the house sale good luck

http://www.avm-storage-shipping.co....ct/contact.html

highly recommended by Carrianne

Last edited by yafm; Apr 11th 2003 at 9:15 am.
Old Apr 11th 2003, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

etlniwd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sam&steve
House was on the market for 2WEEKS and sold for asking price!!

Hoping for complietion on the 1st June
Sorry to be negative, but surely this just means that you have accepted an offer - you haven't sold it yet.

If I were you I'd get the contract signed asap. I've been shafted at this stage on a couple of occasions. We are just entering a period of property price falls. The power will now start to shift to the buyer.
Old Apr 11th 2003, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by yafm
For those still getting removals quotes try this one Mr Charles Perry at e-mail Avmstorage (I can't understand why there is no @ in it but it works) I got a verbal quote from them £1000 cheaper than the next best. (door to door with 1% insurance at value) Worth asking anyway
Congrats on the house sale good luck

http://www.avm-storage-shipping.co....ct/contact.html

highly recommended by Carrianne

Hi Yvonne & Colin

That link does not work. This one does http://www.avm-storage-shipping.co.u...t/contact.html

Regards

Terry
Old Apr 11th 2003, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by etlniwd
Sorry to be negative, but surely this just means that you have accepted an offer - you haven't sold it yet.

If I were you I'd get the contract signed asap. I've been shafted at this stage on a couple of occasions. We are just entering a period of property price falls. The power will now start to shift to the buyer.
We too are thinking of putting house on the market before Visas arrive. Am I right in saying that we can drop out of the deal as long as its prior to exchanging contracts ?. How long does exchange normally take after receiving an offer assuming that both sets of solicitors work at normal speed and no major hiccups ?.

Thanks

Terry
Old Apr 11th 2003, 8:31 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Originally posted by terryg
Hi Yvonne & Colin

That link does not work. This one does http://www.avm-storage-shipping.co.u...t/contact.html

Regards

Terry
Hi Terry Thanks for that (what were the differences?) I am not very computor literate
Old Apr 11th 2003, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by yafm
Hi Terry Thanks for that (what were the differences?) I am not very computor literate
I Think you copy and pasted that from a different thread. What happens is that what appears on the screen when you copy and paste a web address is that there is a longer web address behind it - Does that make sense ?

Old Apr 12th 2003, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Had an offer but not from the people we thought would (yet anyway)..

We are 'considering it carefully' and decision Monday!

Looks like we are on our way
Mash...

PS Lowering the price slightly and the easter run up seems to have made people wake up again in our bit of the housing market.......

Originally posted by Terry
Hi Mash,

Hope the buyers come through for you we are putting ours on the market this weekend so hope to get some viewings over the easter hol's.

Terry
Old Apr 12th 2003, 6:38 am
too busy to work members

Originally posted by terryg
I Think you copy and pasted that from a different thread. What happens is that what appears on the screen when you copy and paste a web address is that there is a longer web address behind it - Does that make sense ?

Sort of thanks Next time I will type it because this has happened with another site I copy and pasted Thanks