Solar Power

Old May 19th 2011, 2:37 am
Simply happy in Sydney!

LittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Solar Power

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
ok, well evacuated tubes are generally more efficient, especially in the more Southern states. Flat panels are more than adequate for QLD, NT and WA, however in the Southern states you will find that they struggle produce a lot of hot water during the winter months
Thank you, that is the conclusion that I was coming to. We are in Sydney. Having trouble getting it sorted out though. We have phoned several companies and asked them to come and give us a quote, and so far only one company has got back to us. He came round yesterday and was apparently rude to my husband (who doesn't usually take exception to people, so it must have been bad!).
Old May 19th 2011, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

MarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really nice

There may be 10 hours of physical sunlight in the day, however a system won't be outputing/producing during all of those hours. Most North-facing systems with a decent inverter will output between the hours of 9-9.30 and 3-3.30. I can tell you that inverter is not a good one, it's a cheap as chips SunnyRoo inverter made in Taiwan imported by a company who like to mislead people into thinking it is an Aussie made inverter.

Anyway, this guy has clearly mislead you, whether it is deliberate or through ignorance, neither are a very good prospect, are they? As far as I can tell (remember I secret shopped them) they use one of the best panels out there (QCells) in order to cover up for the rest of the crap and bullsh!t they peddle. It's an illusion designed to make you think they are a quality based company.

Run I say!
Thanks for the reply, and the advice.

Have sent you a PM. Can i ask what aspect of the trade you are in? Obviously your reply may be better in the PM arena if you would prefer.
Old May 19th 2011, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

MarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really nice

Looking at the below available from Ingenero

2.475kW PV System PVI-3.0 Suntech 11 PC 225W

Uses 11 roof-mounted 225W Suntech solar panels
Requires a roof area of 18.5sqm (10m x 1.85m)
Panels are ultra-efficient Suntech, amongst the most efficient crystalline panels in the world
Panels come with a 10 year product warranty and 25 year power output warranty
Panels fixed to roof with aluminium brackets for maximum lifespan
Italian-manufactured Power-one Aurora inverter
Power-One Aurora PVI-3000-OUTD 3000W Inverter
10 year plain English warranty on all components and installation
EcoWattch monitoring, installed free of charge at suitable premises

Any comments on these. I note the panels and inverters are reputable i believe.

Thanks
Old May 19th 2011, 9:01 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkandS
Looking at the below available from Ingenero

2.475kW PV System PVI-3.0 Suntech 11 PC 225W

Uses 11 roof-mounted 225W Suntech solar panels
Requires a roof area of 18.5sqm (10m x 1.85m)
Panels are ultra-efficient Suntech, amongst the most efficient crystalline panels in the world
Panels come with a 10 year product warranty and 25 year power output warranty
Panels fixed to roof with aluminium brackets for maximum lifespan
Italian-manufactured Power-one Aurora inverter
Power-One Aurora PVI-3000-OUTD 3000W Inverter
10 year plain English warranty on all components and installation
EcoWattch monitoring, installed free of charge at suitable premises

Any comments on these. I note the panels and inverters are reputable i believe.

Thanks
That's who I work for. I would suggest looking at the 3.15kW as it is better bang for buck. Also, if you call up and speak to one of our consultants and mention the 'GreenHeart Fair' Special (say you picked up one of our special offer flyers there), you'll get a $1,000 off the system. Should be $10,999 after rebates.
Old May 19th 2011, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

That's who I work for. I would suggest looking at the 3.15kW as it is better bang for buck. Also, if you call up and speak to one of our consultants and mention the 'GreenHeart Fair' Special (say you picked up one of our special offer flyers there), you'll get a $1,000 off the system. Should be $10,999 after rebates.
Thanks.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 3:45 am
Simply happy in Sydney!

LittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of light

Had our panels installed today. Took about 4.5 hours and although they were due to come next week, we had a phonecall yesterday to say that they had had a cancellation and would we like them to come today!

It is a 3.0kW system. We just have to wait for the guy to come and sort out the meter which should be tomorrow or Saturday.
Attached Thumbnails Solar Power-img_3281-copy-.jpg   Solar Power-img_3284-copy-.jpg   Solar Power-img_3287-copy-.jpg  
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 8:15 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LittleKittyCat
Had our panels installed today. Took about 4.5 hours and although they were due to come next week, we had a phonecall yesterday to say that they had had a cancellation and would we like them to come today!

It is a 3.0kW system. We just have to wait for the guy to come and sort out the meter which should be tomorrow or Saturday.
Looks like a neat job. Did you get in under the 20c GFiT scheme? Or did you miss out?

What's with the 2 smaller mono panels on the front roof?
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 9:06 am
Simply happy in Sydney!

Looks like a neat job. Did you get in under the 20c GFiT scheme? Or did you miss out?

What's with the 2 smaller mono panels on the front roof?
No, we are under the net tarif.

The two panels on the front of the garage were here when we bought the house and are years old. We tried to find out exactly what they were, but neither the previous owner nor the EA were forthcoming! They are connected to two car batteries, which I presume are for a trailer tent or something? It was also plugged in to a wall socket, so we just disconnected it. The people who are putting the hot water system in are going to remove it for us.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 11:30 am
I'm Old Gregg!

The two panels on the front of the garage were here when we bought the house and are years old. We tried to find out exactly what they were, but neither the previous owner nor the EA were forthcoming! They are connected to two car batteries, which I presume are for a trailer tent or something? It was also plugged in to a wall socket, so we just disconnected it. The people who are putting the hot water system in are going to remove it for us.
You don't live close to a golf course by any chance, do you?
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 12:03 pm
Simply happy in Sydney!

You don't live close to a golf course by any chance, do you?
There is a golf course across the valley from us. Why?
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 12:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Causes havoc with the panels
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 12:24 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd hazzard a guess that the small panels are for charging up a golf buggy batteries.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 8:58 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I'd hazzard a guess that the small panels are for charging up a golf buggy batteries.
Yes, that was what I was getting at. But I was only thinking that if it were one of those houses actually on the golfing complex
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 10:55 pm
Simply happy in Sydney!

No, it would be a bit of a hair-raising drive to the golf course from here in a golf buggy !

The solar panels feed in to a Solarex Solar Controller, which has a date on the side of December 1990, which would be about when the house was built. Then wires go from the controller to a time switch and then on to two square battery type things. There is a further wire which goes from the time switch to a power outlet in the wall.

I was thinking trailer tent, caravan, something boat related? Don't know much about the people who lived here before, they kept themselves to themselves and didn't go to any of the street parties or anything so the neighbours don't know much either.

Any ideas how we dispose of the batteries and panels etc? I presume if we take them to the tip they will take them, or do you know if they could be recycled?