Solar Power

Old May 17th 2011, 8:44 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Solar Power

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Anyone know if there's anyone that can still do installs before the end of June?

I know of at least 2 people looking, but as you'd guess wanna get in for the full rebate.

Origin who I got mine with have already raised their price from $2,990 to $3,990 as they can't guarantee an install by the 30th anymore.

Cheers
That's still a pretty good price considering
Old May 17th 2011, 10:50 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
That's still a pretty good price considering
I agree, but easy to when you've paid $3,000.

Do you reckon too tall an order for the 30th now then?
Old May 17th 2011, 8:43 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
I agree, but easy to when you've paid $3,000.

Do you reckon too tall an order for the 30th now then?
Put it this way, if they say they can then the chances are they are one of two things:

- Liars
- Not very good at their job and don't get much business because of it and therefore still have plenty of manpower to install before June 30.

I reckon most of the companies saying they can do it though will be in the first category
Old May 17th 2011, 11:40 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Put it this way, if they say they can then the chances are they are one of two things:

- Liars
- Not very good at their job and don't get much business because of it and therefore still have plenty of manpower to install before June 30.

I reckon most of the companies saying they can do it though will be in the first category
As I'd of thought, ok will pass on your views.

Cheers
Old May 18th 2011, 2:57 am
Simply happy in Sydney!

LittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of light

We have paid our deposit to Andrew Hannah for a 3.0kW system, install date of 8th June! Trying to find someone to do hot water now. Trying to decide between evacuated tubes and the flat panels, and find someone who will actually come and give us a quote.
Old May 18th 2011, 8:31 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by LittleKittyCat
We have paid our deposit to Andrew Hannah for a 3.0kW system, install date of 8th June! Trying to find someone to do hot water now. Trying to decide between evacuated tubes and the flat panels, and find someone who will actually come and give us a quote.
Why did you go for a 3kW system out of interest?
Old May 18th 2011, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by njk435

The electricity produced is not used directly by the house, it is fed through a meter into the grid and shared out. Generally, the meters show what you used and what you produced and you pay the difference.
or they pay you if you produce more than you use.
Old May 18th 2011, 9:53 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by sassie
It can depend on the state you are in
Old May 18th 2011, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sassie
Yes, I will probably get a credit in the dry, and pay a small ($80 per quarter) bill through the wet.

Up here in the NT we get back ~19 cents per kWh, which is what we pay for what we use.
Old May 18th 2011, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

MarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really nice

Good evening

Just had our meeting with Solagex.

Offering a 2.115Kw system based on 9 panels using Q cell panels, each of 235kw.
The inverter model is a SR2000TL model.

Price $11,135.

As a guide will produce $2828 per year based on 10 hrs of sunshine a day, and a buy back at 50c.

we are based in Ferny Hills Brisbane.

Any comments? happy for pm's if you prefer.
Old May 18th 2011, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light

Hmm,
Clean Energy council reckons a 2 kW system in Brisbane will produce 8.4 kWh per day.

8.4 x 50 cents per kWh = $4.20 per day = $1533 per year, roughly

If you don't have it already, look at CEC website, there's a consumer guide worth reading:

http://www.cleanenergycouncil.org.au...rPV-guide.html

Also, I recommend whirlpool.net.au, the forum entitled Green Tech is full of good info on solar PV and Installers
Old May 18th 2011, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

Trying to find someone to do hot water now. Trying to decide between evacuated tubes and the flat panels, and find someone who will actually come and give us a quote.
We've got a Solahart 300litre with 2 flat panel collectors, plenty of hot water since Nov. Just started boosting now due to cloudy and rainy days. 23 yr old tank and still going strong!!
Old May 18th 2011, 9:05 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by MarkandS
Good evening

Just had our meeting with Solagex.

Offering a 2.115Kw system based on 9 panels using Q cell panels, each of 235kw.
The inverter model is a SR2000TL model.

Price $11,135.

As a guide will produce $2828 per year based on 10 hrs of sunshine a day, and a buy back at 50c.

we are based in Ferny Hills Brisbane.

Any comments? happy for pm's if you prefer.
There may be 10 hours of physical sunlight in the day, however a system won't be outputing/producing during all of those hours. Most North-facing systems with a decent inverter will output between the hours of 9-9.30 and 3-3.30. I can tell you that inverter is not a good one, it's a cheap as chips SunnyRoo inverter made in Taiwan imported by a company who like to mislead people into thinking it is an Aussie made inverter.

Anyway, this guy has clearly mislead you, whether it is deliberate or through ignorance, neither are a very good prospect, are they? As far as I can tell (remember I secret shopped them) they use one of the best panels out there (QCells) in order to cover up for the rest of the crap and bullsh!t they peddle. It's an illusion designed to make you think they are a quality based company.

Run I say!
Old May 18th 2011, 11:38 pm
Simply happy in Sydney!

LittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of light

Why did you go for a 3kW system out of interest?
Simply because we have the roof space and a lovely NNE roof with no shading, my in laws are very kindly paying for it to be installed and it was within the budget that they set, and because the aim is really to minimise our power bills.

I am hoping that with the solar hot water system (we have electric water heating at the moment) and the solar panels in combination, we should be able to get our bills down to at least half of what they are now.
Old May 19th 2011, 2:17 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Simply because we have the roof space and a lovely NNE roof with no shading, my in laws are very kindly paying for it to be installed and it was within the budget that they set, and because the aim is really to minimise our power bills.

I am hoping that with the solar hot water system (we have electric water heating at the moment) and the solar panels in combination, we should be able to get our bills down to at least half of what they are now.
ok, well evacuated tubes are generally more efficient, especially in the more Southern states. Flat panels are more than adequate for QLD, NT and WA, however in the Southern states you will find that they struggle produce a lot of hot water during the winter months

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.