Solar Power

Old May 11th 2011, 8:37 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Solar Power

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Cool! Mine's getting installed tomorrow! (I hope....)

BB
Yeah all the rage it appears. Me neighbour had his done only yesterday too...

Old May 11th 2011, 8:58 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Cool! Mine's getting installed tomorrow! (I hope....)

BB
I'm really praying there is no rain in your area tomorrow!
Old May 11th 2011, 9:15 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Don't spot anything a miss on mine do ya?
Old May 11th 2011, 9:32 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Solar Power

The forecast is showers

BB
Old May 12th 2011, 12:20 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Don't spot anything a miss on mine do ya?
No, it looks like a good job well done. What brand of panels were they?
Also, what is written in texter on the meter box?
Old May 12th 2011, 1:51 am
Simply happy in Sydney!

LittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of light

We have just got some quotes for solar (finally, after weeks of meaning to do it but not quite getting there!). We have been quoted $4790 for a 2.1kW, $5450 for a 2.3kW and $8750 for a 3.0kW with Upsolar panels and a CMS or SLK inverter (or we can upgrade to a Xantrex/Aurora inverter). This is with a Sydney based company with a very good reputation for good quality installations on the Whirlpool forums. They have also guaranteed installation by 30th June.
Old May 12th 2011, 2:45 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by LittleKittyCat
We have just got some quotes for solar (finally, after weeks of meaning to do it but not quite getting there!). We have been quoted $4790 for a 2.1kW, $5450 for a 2.3kW and $8750 for a 3.0kW with Upsolar panels and a CMS or SLK inverter (or we can upgrade to a Xantrex/Aurora inverter). This is with a Sydney based company with a very good reputation for good quality installations on the Whirlpool forums. They have also guaranteed installation by 30th June.
Is it Andrew Hanna Electrical?

Those are good price and good components. My only piece of advice would be to maybe hold off a little. NSW Govt recently held a Solar Summit, the results of which are still unknown. In short, at this stage there is no guarantee what feed-in tariff you will receive from your power company. Until NSW Govt publish their policy moving forward any investment in solar in NSW is a gamble
Old May 12th 2011, 3:02 am
Account Closed

No, it looks like a good job well done. What brand of panels were they?
Also, what is written in texter on the meter box?
The exter just says where the isolation switch is for 'shutdown procedure'.'

Sharp 2200 panels from memory.
Old May 12th 2011, 3:10 am
Simply happy in Sydney!

LittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, it was Andrew Hannah. Have seen some good reviews. The rebates are being stopped as of June 30th aren't they? I think the gross FIT has been stopped now, so I guess we would go on to the net system?

Our situation is that I am a stay at home/work at home mum (I have a little business that I run from home), two children one of them at school. I would tend to do the majority of my washing etc during the day plus my pc is on all day. So, I guess that even if our consumption isn't as high as during the evening (with lighting, tv etc on), we pay more during the day because the cost is more. So even with the net system, we should be covering our daytime electricity? Have I got that right? My in-laws are paying for solar hot water and electricity for us as a gift, so the initial outlay to us is nothing. It is more about getting the best price for them and the most off our bills to us.
Old May 12th 2011, 3:13 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by LittleKittyCat
Yes, it was Andrew Hannah. Have seen some good reviews. The rebates are being stopped as of June 30th aren't they? I think the gross FIT has been stopped now, so I guess we would go on to the net system?

Our situation is that I am a stay at home/work at home mum (I have a little business that I run from home), two children one of them at school. I would tend to do the majority of my washing etc during the day plus my pc is on all day. So, I guess that even if our consumption isn't as high as during the evening (with lighting, tv etc on), we pay more during the day because the cost is more. So even with the net system, we should be covering our daytime electricity? Have I got that right? My in-laws are paying for solar hot water and electricity for us as a gift, so the initial outlay to us is nothing. It is more about getting the best price for them and the most off our bills to us.
yes, that is more or less right, so long as the system you purchase it large enough to cover your consumption.

I am very surprised that Andrew Hanna Electrical still have capacity to install before June 30!
Old May 13th 2011, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

MarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really nice

Hello

We have got Solagex coming around next week to provide a quote. I note that they use panels by Q Cells, and the inverter are Sun logic.

Has anyone got any comments on either the Company or the components.

We are based in Ferny Hills QLD.

Thanks
Old May 13th 2011, 11:37 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by MarkandS
Hello

We have got Solagex coming around next week to provide a quote. I note that they use panels by Q Cells, and the inverter are Sun logic.

Has anyone got any comments on either the Company or the components.

We are based in Ferny Hills QLD.

Thanks
My experience of secret shopping them at the Brisbane Home Show was not good. Their sales person (who admitted that he came straight off the lot from selling used cars) tried to convince me that my $400 quarterly bill would be completely covered and provide some credit from a 1.8kW system. Absolute BS!

The panels are good, however in my experience QCells are overpriced. The inverter I would suggest steering clear of. Don't fall for the mumbo jumbo crap about throwing in a free line conditioner worth $2000 if you buy now, it's a rubbish box full of wires that do nothing and therefore worthless.
Old May 13th 2011, 12:02 pm
Account Closed

it's a rubbish box full of wires that do nothing
Handy!
Old May 14th 2011, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

MarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really nice

My experience of secret shopping them at the Brisbane Home Show was not good. Their sales person (who admitted that he came straight off the lot from selling used cars) tried to convince me that my $400 quarterly bill would be completely covered and provide some credit from a 1.8kW system. Absolute BS!

The panels are good, however in my experience QCells are overpriced. The inverter I would suggest steering clear of. Don't fall for the mumbo jumbo crap about throwing in a free line conditioner worth $2000 if you buy now, it's a rubbish box full of wires that do nothing and therefore worthless.
Thanks for the reply. They 'called' yesterday over the phone so thought it was worth just getting a quote.

Will update here once they have been, they are due next Tue.
Old May 17th 2011, 7:55 am
Account Closed

Anyone know if there's anyone that can still do installs before the end of June?

I know of at least 2 people looking, but as you'd guess wanna get in for the full rebate.

Origin who I got mine with have already raised their price from $2,990 to $3,990 as they can't guarantee an install by the 30th anymore.

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.