Solar Panels

Old Jul 16th 2014, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Solar Panels

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Mmmm. Doesn't sound like it's worth it then.
But you can have hours of fun playing with these calculators....

https://www.solarmarket.com.au/solar...gs-calculator/

(You get a FIT of 6c from you electricity company in Qld if you go solar now.)
Old Jul 17th 2014, 1:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lesleys
Not in Qld. When you sell the house the feed-in tariff finishes. It's non-transferable to either a new owner or another property.
OK - I wasn't sure. I knew it was not transferable to another property.

Having said that, a solar system you didn't pay for is better than no solar system.
Old Jul 20th 2014, 10:40 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
That wasn't what he was asking.

The question was - "if I own a house that is worth $500,000, and I install a solar power system that costs $10,000, will I be able to sell the house for $510,000?" The answer is no, it will still be worth $500,000. Just like water features and Bali huts, solar power adds no $ at sale time.

BB
I agree with what is being said in principal..... Although it doesn't actually add value, I believe it adds saleability to the property.

Knowing how much we save with our solar power, if I were selling this house, I would certainly be promoting the fact the swimming pool pump runs all day for free and the water is filtered and heated for free. Our washing machine and dish washer are timed to switch on during the 'solar usage time', the LED light throughout the house offer savings at night which means lower powers bill and if you don't want high power bills ...... this house (as apposed to one without solar power) is a good buy for those reasons.