soil tests

Old Dec 14th 2005, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

taylor1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default soil tests

Hi i would appreciate some advice on soil tests, I have rung around a few companies for prices & they start from $170.00 +, do all companies do the same tests? 1 said they do 3x boar holes at a depth of 1 1/2 mtrs does this sound right? any info would b great with thanks Michelle.
Old Dec 15th 2005, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: soil tests

Originally Posted by taylor1
Hi i would appreciate some advice on soil tests, I have rung around a few companies for prices & they start from $170.00 +, do all companies do the same tests? 1 said they do 3x boar holes at a depth of 1 1/2 mtrs does this sound right? any info would b great with thanks Michelle.
The test is to determine the bearing capacity of the soil to support a building. The companies will use a similar process. Usually about 3 holes, but could be more depending on local topographical features ie flat land adjacent to water course etc.

Depth is usually to refusal (rock) or the 1.5m. May go deeper depending on local conditions.

The soil test may or may not hit what is known as a 'floater' (a boulder in the ground).

WW
Old Dec 15th 2005, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Neil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really nice
Default Re: soil tests

I work for a soil testing company in Mornington and we charge $330 for a Site Classification which involves a thorough site investigation to determine the suitability of the soil for placing residential slabs and footings. Our company also does soil percolation tests, field density's and slope stability testing. There's plenty of other testing company's probably nearer to you, just look under 'Soil Testing & Investigation' in the Yellow Pages.

Never thought I would be writing this on this website.