sods law

Old Mar 19th 2003, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Red face sods law

My ******* washing machine has broken down, and I need a new one, current one is only 3 years old. After us all talking about it. I think I shall be taking it with me when I get a new one.

Typical isn't it.

a dirty clothed Carrianne x
Old Mar 19th 2003, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Interested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant future

Why would you take your washing machine with you ? Or a car etc, that just doesn't make sense to me.

Your new house would probably come equipped, no ?

Also people that want to take their car with them are better off just selling it and buying another over there.

Sorry to hear it broke down though, thats a bit annoying to say the least !

interested
Old Mar 19th 2003, 7:32 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sods law

Originally posted by Carrianne
My ******* washing machine has broken down, and I need a new one, current one is only 3 years old. After us all talking about it. I think I shall be taking it with me when I get a new one.

Typical isn't it.

Hi Carrianne

We had exactly the same thing happen to us a fortnight or so ago we had been praying that it would last a couple more months and we were gonna leave it in the house when we sell, now I'm not so sure I know that new builds come with most of the appliances but my thinking is that I will take my new one and put it in the garage to do sean's work there then I wont have to have Sean's sandy clothes in my new house!!!
After all I've got to put something in the container.

debbie
Old Mar 19th 2003, 9:17 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

You can bet that anything 'that comes with the house' will be a top loader. The front loaders I have been hunting in australia on the web are much slower spinners than the UK ones and are about 50% more in price. I have decided to take my old front loader AEG with me and get a new cheap one for the house rental because at least it will then be guaranteed and I love my old one ................ Same with the Fridge/freezer
Old Mar 20th 2003, 1:44 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Regarding taking your front loader - what if it breaks down in Aus? The spare parts aspect.

Why I'm saying this , I brought a second-hand electric Hover from the trader paper here - it was like brand new - still in the box (fly mow lawn mower).

Anyway, a year later it broke down - I phoned around all the lawn mower repair places, and none could fix it, they said they do not have the spare parts for this type of "electric" model, but if I really wanted it fixed - they'd have to order the spare parts from overseas, a couple of months waiting.

Cheers

P.S - new homes don't usually come equipped with washing machines here , only fixtures such as kitchens, baths/showers and such-none which I know of have things like white goods in them - just fixtures

Last edited by Ceri; Mar 20th 2003 at 1:50 am.
Old Mar 20th 2003, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

jah4reds is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Ceri
Regarding taking your front loader - what if it breaks down in Aus? The spare parts aspect.
I think it depends on the make (and model). After using a Top Loader that came with a flat we rented - we bought an Ariston Front Loader when we moved.

When it needed a minor repair - it only took a couple of days before a certified engineer came out to look at it. Apart from this, the machine has been working successfully for almost 3 years continuously. (We have 2 small boys - and I am constantly amazed how much dirty washing the create!)

In our experience, Top Loaders have a much bigger capacity, the wash cycle is quicker, and uses less electricity. Front Loaders wash clothes much better and don't destroy clothes as quickly.

Hope this helps,
AndyH
Brisbane
(a very domesticated husband and father).
Old Mar 20th 2003, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

Location: Woodcroft, 25 kms south of Adelaide South Australia
wizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the rough

I have never heard of any house here coming equipped with a washing machine. All houses come with cookers, and some with dish washers, but the washing machine???

Sorry but I think you are going to have to buy one. And there's nothing wrong with a top loader (as long as it's not a Fisher & Paykel). Simpson make excellent top loaders - Aussie made here in Adelaide, sturdy and robust.
Old Mar 20th 2003, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Cool

Hiya,

We where going to leave all my white goods in our house here, fridge freezer etc and still might don't have a problem leaving them it's just so annoying buying a new one for 18 months, but I need to be clean.
Old Mar 20th 2003, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

What about trying to buy a second hand/reconditioned model in this country and then sell it on when you move. Probably work out cheaper than taking one with you.

Loopy
Old Mar 20th 2003, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

I know but the one we are buying is only £250 and to be honest .

We couldn't stand any trouble with it going wrong in the time we have had this one it's been nothing but trouble I shall never by indesit again. It was brand new and shook like a jamaican dancer when spinning had countless amount of engineers and they said nothing wrong with it. So in a way i am glad to get a better one.

any suggestions on make would be good, we are thinking of getting a hotpoint energy saving one ?

Thanks

Carrianne
Old Mar 20th 2003, 8:23 am
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point

Carianne

Talk about Sod's law. My house went on the open market yesterday, just as the war has started. I don't know how many people will want to buy a house in the current climate.

Typical isn't it.

Old Mar 20th 2003, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Andy,

I wouldn't worry too much houses even here in Scotland are goin go nt he market and a week later they have sold it, I don't think war will discourage. I have 2 girls in work in this process and a good friend and they both are very keen to still keep on living as we must.

Good luck with it x
Old Mar 20th 2003, 11:11 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

I know but the one we are buying is only £250 and to be honest .

We couldn't stand any trouble with it going wrong in the time we have had this one it's been nothing but trouble I shall never by indesit again. It was brand new and shook like a jamaican dancer when spinning had countless amount of engineers and they said nothing wrong with it. So in a way i am glad to get a better one.

any suggestions on make would be good, we are thinking of getting a hotpoint energy saving one ?

Thanks

Carrianne

We have always had Bosch/AEG and never had any trouble with them (and I am talking about 18 years) Good Luck
Old Mar 20th 2003, 12:12 pm
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Carianne

Let's hope for everyone's sake it's all over quickly. 12000 miles away from the London area sounds better than ever right now.

Andy

Andy,

I wouldn't worry too much houses even here in Scotland are goin go nt he market and a week later they have sold it, I don't think war will discourage. I have 2 girls in work in this process and a good friend and they both are very keen to still keep on living as we must.

Good luck with it x
Old Mar 20th 2003, 5:50 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Ceri

Why I'm saying this , I brought a second-hand electric Hover from the trader paper here - it was like brand new - still in the box (fly mow lawn mower).

Anyway, a year later it broke down - I phoned around all the lawn mower repair places, and none could fix it, they said they do not have the spare parts for this type of "electric" model, but if I really wanted it fixed - they'd have to order the spare parts from overseas, a couple of months waiting.

Cheers

P.S - new homes don't usually come equipped with washing machines here , only fixtures such as kitchens, baths/showers and such-none which I know of have things like white goods in them - just fixtures
We asked our shipping agent the same question after he advised us to take our white goods. He said that 99% of white goods have worldwide service agents. I looked in the back of our instruction books and he was right. Any who owns a Renault, Citreon or Peugeot car will tell you that a garage takes about 10 days to get some parts, because they have to get them from abroad. With the amount of white goods that get imported into Aus. it's not a problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.