Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

sod the baby food what about

sod the baby food what about

Old Sep 7th 2003, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of
Default sod the baby food what about

Powdered peach tea ....similar to Lift lemon tea?
BIG box of Pickled onion monster munch

Can we pack them or not any idea's folks?
Old Sep 7th 2003, 6:45 pm
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

I'm with you on this one, things i am gonna consider taking:

1. Large box of picked onion monster munch
2. Large crate of Pimms
3. Suitcase of Cadburys Chocolate
4. 2 bottles of Real Ale (for the old man)

Just because we intend to start a new life does it mean we can't ever say we re gonna miss things? some people on this forum do need to GET A GRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 7th 2003, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by leanda
Just because we intend to start a new life does it mean we can't ever say we re gonna miss things? some people on this forum do need to GET A GRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, you tell 'em!

How about those new Walkers traditional British takeaway flavours (sweet 'n' sour, tikka masala & spare rib!)

These Aussies don't know what they're missing!
Old Sep 7th 2003, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Those walkers sound nice- I haven't tried them yet.

Is it ok to take food stuff with you - what about customs?

Much more exciting talking about food than processing times
Old Sep 7th 2003, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

All food has to be declared at customs. You will be asked to declare it on the customs form you have to fill out. If you are unsure, it is better to declare it, rather than being caught and having to explain, as customs can get quite funny. Food stuffs such as meat and fruit will be confiscated, but things like biscuits, chocolates, etc, will be ok, but still has to be declared.

hope this helps.
Old Sep 8th 2003, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

well i have got the remainder of the 40 foot container to fill :scared:

might as well fill it up with the things I like
Old Sep 8th 2003, 12:46 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

When I visit the UK next month I am looking forward to a curry followed by several pints down the local.

My wife isn't looking forward to curry and bitter guts but she is already on the Next web site.
Old Sep 8th 2003, 1:01 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

Well if anyone is coming to Brisbane soon, can you bring over the biggest jar of Marmite you can get your hands on please!

Originally posted by bondipom
When I visit the UK next month I am looking forward to a curry followed by several pints down the local.

My wife isn't looking forward to curry and bitter guts but she is already on the Next web site.
Old Sep 8th 2003, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by brisnick
Well if anyone is coming to Brisbane soon, can you bring over the biggest jar of Marmite you can get your hands on please!
Coles sell Marmite you are saved.
Old Sep 8th 2003, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh God, now we're going to have the Marmite from Oz vs Marmite from UK vs Vegemite posts...... please there are 200 of them archived somewhere-or-other.

I love reading about English food and occasionally (when there's no-one looking) look at the british supermarket websites. I even buy the odd thing from the English sweet shop here in Adelaide...

but please no more Marmite posts!
Old Sep 8th 2003, 2:40 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: sod the baby food what about

you can definitely bring crisps with you as long as they contain no meat. I have had walkers crisps sent out to me by my mum quite recently (April) , the parcel was opened by customs.. nothing got taken out... they were ok. I also had tinned laverbread in the same parcel (seaweed)
If you look at the customs regulations , it is meat they are worried about.(and fresh produce).. even if you say bring dried noodles (pot noodle etc) in which contains dried meat... they are a no, no. Meat is totally out.

Walkers crisps are ok... even chicken flavour - it is a artificial flavouring not real meat/extract.

cheers
Old Sep 8th 2003, 2:47 pm
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

Whenever I go abroad, wherever it is I always get a craving for egg and chips soaked in vinegar, never ever have it at home but its something about those sandy beaches, long hot days and romantic evenings that makes me crave it!! awful I know but sometimes your body takes over and all I can think about when I land at Stansted is egg and chips, egg and chips.

You can take the girl out of Essex but cant take Essex out of the girl.
Old Sep 8th 2003, 4:04 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Powdered peach tea ...
I wouldn't have put you down as a peach tea man myself Rossi
:scared:

Why do they call it tea anyway. Why don't they call hot peach flavoured beverage.
Old Sep 8th 2003, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by HUP
I wouldn't have put you down as a peach tea man myself Rossi
:scared:

Why do they call it tea anyway. Why don't they call hot peach flavoured beverage.

Not for me, I'm pleased to say.....but it's the only way that I could wean the wife off of the whisky

seriously though it is the only hot drink that the better half drinks so she'll be happy
Old Sep 8th 2003, 8:29 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rossi
Not for me, I'm pleased to say.....but it's the only way that I could wean the wife off of the whisky

seriously though it is the only hot drink that the better half drinks so she'll be happy
Don't belive a word of it Paul, I've seen you sitting in your little plumbers van, dunking your monster munch in your peach tea