Wikiposts

Soap Powder?

Old May 2nd 2005, 6:37 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Soap Powder?

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Have you looked for the "Fluffy" brand Tumble Dryer Sheets in Coles ?
$4.07 for a 25 sheet pack.
Only $3.90 in Woolworths . I just couldn't stop myself looking while I was out earlier

Old May 2nd 2005, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

TraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=Megalania]Material Safety Data Sheet: Fairy NonBio Liquitabs[/QUOT

Hi Megalania,

How did you get your hands on this? I keep all my cleaning products out of reach of my kids but I appreciate the info anyway.
Tracey
Old May 2nd 2005, 7:28 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TraceyandPeter
Hi Megalania,

How did you get your hands on this? I keep all my cleaning products out of reach of my kids but I appreciate the info anyway.
Tracey
Procter & Gamble - UK - Safety Data Sheets - House & Home

MSDS are legal documents - they limit the publishing manufacturers liability when published as the manufacturer can claim that their publishing the MSDS ensured that you were capable of informing yourself of the risks of using their products. They tend to state the worst case risks.

None-the-less rubbing Fairy NonBio Liquitabs into your eyes is not likely to improve them.
Old May 2nd 2005, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chocaholic
The only frontloader brand I know here is OMO. Are there any others then?

Yes, I've mentioned one of them above. DUO auto concentrate. There are two types, one for front and one for top loading machines. Good powder.

Just read the small print on the packet
Old May 2nd 2005, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Some supermarkets do Comfort in the 2 pint milk carton type things, it is about a $ more than the fluffy brand but does smell a lot nicer (probably only because it is a memory smell) I use that for my own clothes and the fluffy stuff for the backpacker bedding.

They do tumble dryer sheets (also made by fluffy) but they are comletely different to the tpre you get in the Uk, they are quite thick but do the same job.

Best powder I have found is spree but I use 2-3 times what they say to use and disolve it before putting any washing into the machines otherwise it doesn't wash properly, this is probably down to the fact that top loaders are crap (in my opinion please dont argue)

Kala
Hi Kala

Yes, I agree with you - we used a 'top loader' in our first rental over here - it was as you say 'crap'! Quite a few Australians dont like them either so i've found out, thats why there is more of a choice in front loaders at all your major electrical chains.

Will have a look for 'Comfort' but to tell you the truth, just got a bit fed up trying to find stuff I used in the UK, so have changed to the ozzy brands, which, now I've found the right ones after many trials, are pretty good IMO.

Funny isn't it, a thread about washing machines, powders and softeners
Made me smile anyway!

CYA
Old May 2nd 2005, 11:32 pm
SharonC

sharon_gareth is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Soap Powder?

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss
Hi Kala

Yes, I agree with you - we used a 'top loader' in our first rental over here - it was as you say 'crap'! Quite a few Australians dont like them either so i've found out, thats why there is more of a choice in front loaders at all your major electrical chains.

Will have a look for 'Comfort' but to tell you the truth, just got a bit fed up trying to find stuff I used in the UK, so have changed to the ozzy brands, which, now I've found the right ones after many trials, are pretty good IMO.

Made me smile anyway!

CYA
Having used a top loader ar my cousins during the first six weeks we were in Perth I would never use one again if I can avoid it. They dont wash your clothes all to well and tie them in knots in the process. Lucky that front loader are far more affordable than they used to be really as it was a priority.

As for waching powder I use Hurricane which is a liquid powder if that makes sense and for the conditioner I use fluffy. Did not know they did tumble dry sheets though will have to look harder next time im shopping. :-)
Old May 3rd 2005, 4:07 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss
Made me smile anyway!

CYA
The sad thing is my life is pretty much doing the laundry these days. before running the backpackers I could actually have an educated conversation, these days all I talk about is laundry products and the quality of different brands of disinfectants.

Time for a holiday I'm thinking

Kala
Old May 4th 2005, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JayDeee
The sad thing is my life is pretty much doing the laundry these days. before running the backpackers I could actually have an educated conversation, these days all I talk about is laundry products and the quality of different brands of disinfectants.

Time for a holiday I'm thinking

Kala
Come on Kala - lifes too short m8! Easy to get 'bogged' down but you must try to have some time out too
Old May 4th 2005, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sharon_gareth
Having used a top loader ar my cousins during the first six weeks we were in Perth I would never use one again if I can avoid it. They dont wash your clothes all to well and tie them in knots in the process. Lucky that front loader are far more affordable than they used to be really as it was a priority.

As for waching powder I use Hurricane which is a liquid powder if that makes sense and for the conditioner I use fluffy. Did not know they did tumble dry sheets though will have to look harder next time im shopping. :-)

Yes, forgot that, they do tie your clothes up in knots too! I remember I had to literally 'peel' me cloths off from around the sides of the machine
Makes an already boring job even more boring!

Have you tried 'Duo-matic powder concentrate? Nicely priced and nice fragrance One of the Fluffy frangrances is heavenly - can't remember which one though! Forget to look out for tumble dry sheets - next time - oooooh cant wait

HAPPY WASHING