Reload this Page >

medicals and interviews

medicals and interviews

Old Aug 14th 2006, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

dixiechick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default medicals and interviews

Hi All
Im new to this group, so you will have to make allowances for anything I ask, that you have previously covered...Apologies in advance
We have passed the TRA skills assesmnet and the second stage is now on its way to OZ
A couple of things make me quiver, and I hope you can help
Firstly medicals....How in-depth are they?>
Does everyone have to have the full works...x-rays etc
Why do some people get called for Interview and what happens there?
Thanks All...
Dixiechick
Old Aug 14th 2006, 9:08 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medicals and interviews

Interviews I can't help you with but as far as medicals go its a case of weight,height,blood test,blood pressure,reflexes,general health check (maybe hearing and eyesight) a quick poke about, pee in a bottle and chest x-rays.
You will be sent medical forms to fill in with details of any operations or on going illnesses and that's about it. Different panel doctors do slightly different
things but they all cover the basics.
Hope that helps a bit oh and don't stress they aren't THAT bad

Loz x
Old Aug 14th 2006, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

dixiechick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by loz
Interviews I can't help you with but as far as medicals go its a case of weight,height,blood test,blood pressure,reflexes,general health check (maybe hearing and eyesight) a quick poke about, pee in a bottle and chest x-rays.
You will be sent medical forms to fill in with details of any operations or on going illnesses and that's about it. Different panel doctors do slightly different
things but they all cover the basics.
Hope that helps a bit oh and don't stress they aren't THAT bad

Loz x
Thanks Loz,that makes me feel a bit better
Dixiechick
Old Aug 14th 2006, 9:33 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

No problems Dixiechick. Good luck with your plans.

Loz x
Old Aug 14th 2006, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dixiechick
Hi All
Im new to this group, so you will have to make allowances for anything I ask, that you have previously covered...Apologies in advance
We have passed the TRA skills assesmnet and the second stage is now on its way to OZ
Thanks All...
Dixiechick
Interviews are to do with certain visas - e.g. we are applying for a 138 skilled sponsored visa so we have an assurer who is an Australian resident, and they have to be interviewed. The purpose is to check that they are suitable candidates to support the visa applicants should they get in financial difficulty when they arrive in Oz. With our visa it is for the first 2 years. They will also collect various documents off the person, such as evidence of their earnings.

What visa are you going for?
Old Aug 15th 2006, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Sun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really nice

Originally Posted by dixiechick
Hi All
Thanks All...
Dixiechick
I am sure the medicals will go fine. Our doctor was great and it all went fine, nothing to be nervous of. Saying that, make sure the doctor signs the actual form, ours forgot to sign one of our forms which held us up.

The checks are not really in depth, just a chest X-ray for TB, blood test, height, weight, reflex tests, checking on breathing etc. Nothing major.

Good luck and it will be fine.
Old Aug 16th 2006, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,
I have a question related to this, i read on the application form somewhere that you have to say if you have been exposed to someone with TB before, does this act negatively on the application? I have worked in medical unit that had TB patients several years ago. I am presuming as long as your x-ray is clear thyen it shouldn't influcence the decision.

Cheers

Chris
Old Aug 16th 2006, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Sun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really nice

Originally Posted by chrispy
Hi,
I have a question related to this, i read on the application form somewhere that you have to say if you have been exposed to someone with TB before, does this act negatively on the application? I have worked in medical unit that had TB patients several years ago. I am presuming as long as your x-ray is clear thyen it shouldn't influcence the decision.

Cheers

Chris
Afraid I don't know as it didn't affect us but if your x-rays show that you are in the clear and it is quite a while a go then I can't see how it woule effect. I am guessing they put this down in case someone had been in contact with someone with TB just before the medical and therefore it hadn't had time to develop and therefore might be missed.
Old Aug 21st 2006, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

jossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nice
Question Re: medicals and interviews

Hi All

Sorry for another post this has triggere another question and I am really new to all this

Does a 457 visa carry the same requirement for medical and interviews?

Cheers, in advance strting to worry about all this now

Jo
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jossy
Hi All

Sorry for another post this has triggere another question and I am really new to all this

Does a 457 visa carry the same requirement for medical and interviews?

Cheers, in advance strting to worry about all this now

Jo
Hi Jo,

Not 100% sure but I would guess that all visas have a requirement for you to go for a medical (bar short visas like holiday visas). As I said, I am not sure but I would think that is the case. No doubt someone on here will know and tell you correctly.