Reload this Page >

So you fancy Perth ?

So you fancy Perth ?

Old Dec 26th 2007, 11:07 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: So you fancy Perth ?

Give me air........

Yesterday our aluminium chairs UNDER the gazebo & out of the sun, were too hot to rest our arms on!!
Old Dec 26th 2007, 11:58 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Give me air........

Yesterday our aluminium chairs UNDER the gazebo & out of the sun, were too hot to rest our arms on!!

Despite aircon, even the door handles in the house were hot

We ended up sailing out to sea and it was cooler out there
Docked back at 5 pm and it was 39 degrees
Old Dec 27th 2007, 12:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Whingin poms!
Old Dec 27th 2007, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

Give me Perth weather over this crap in QLD any day-this Christmas was like being in England (but slightly warmer )-have not had such a grey Christmas for a while. Oh to bake in Perth with the hoons !!

Originally Posted by glittababe
Still friggin cold and miserable across this side of the continent! To make things worst, our friends have arrived from Singapore! Bless them, they booked this holiday a year in advance and its peeing it down and will be all week!
Old Dec 27th 2007, 1:59 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by melaniee
Give me Perth weather over this crap in QLD any day-this Christmas was like being in England (but slightly warmer )-have not had such a grey Christmas for a while. Oh to bake in Perth with the hoons !!
Cyclone's coming, maybe it'll pick you up and move you somewhere you do like?

Just get yourself out there with a balloon and a sign that says 'pick me'.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 4:35 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

I love the heat and we had a great Christmas and Boxing Day at the beach but I found last night to be very uncomfortable. I had an appalling night's sleep and feel dreadful today!

44 broke a new record for me though - previous high was 42 in 1996 in Turkey!
Old Dec 27th 2007, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Great isn't itI love every minute of it, this is the reason we picked Perth, hot hot hot. I never have a problem sleeping either, I work nights so have to sleep during the day. I just stick on a fan and sleep no problem, in fact my problem is getting up again
Tracie
Old Dec 27th 2007, 8:39 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Glittababe - its likely to stay very wet and very windy into next week, at the very least.
Forecast for Sydney is good. Odd shower on new years day but apart from that lookin' good.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 8:56 am
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of
Default it was hot, hot, hot.

omg tracie how cud u have slept in that heat i had the fan on and even tryed lying on the floor in r on suite lol it was real hot lol
Old Dec 27th 2007, 9:12 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

We went to the City in the 44c heat, it was horrible, people were diving for cover. We ended up in nearest pub drinking gallons of juice. The sun just sizzled our skin. It was nice in the evening on the beach. Just dead calm and warm.
My air-con has been working over time. It was leaking this morning though. Big pool in middle of kitchen good job OH is air-con engineer.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 9:36 am
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Despite aircon, even the door handles in the house were hot

We ended up sailing out to sea and it was cooler out there
Docked back at 5 pm and it was 39 degrees
Yes that was a lovely way to spend Boxing Day and it was a great way to beat the heat, had to go back in early as was feeling a bit sea sick (or may be it was the hangover)
Did Adventure World today and that too was a great way to stay cool.

Have to say we love the heat and it doesnt bothers us to much, its only December - bring on January and Feb
Old Dec 27th 2007, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: it was hot, hot, hot.

Originally Posted by irishfamily
omg tracie how cud u have slept in that heat i had the fan on and even tryed lying on the floor in r on suite lol it was real hot lol
I can sleep any time anywhere, thats why nights suit me so well, it's great
Tracie
Old Dec 27th 2007, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

The heat is one of my biggest fears about the move to Perth. I'm really not good with hot weather and am uncomfortable if the temperature rises a bit in London during summer.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The_Wookie
The heat is one of my biggest fears about the move to Perth. I'm really not good with hot weather and am uncomfortable if the temperature rises a bit in London during summer.
I would seriously consider if Perth is for you then. In the summer months it gets really hot, even winter can still be like a good day in London!
Tracie
Old Dec 27th 2007, 1:48 pm
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Wookie
Please think about your move, the 'outdoors lifestyle' thing etc...can seem a bit of a lie when the streets are devoid of all life from 9a.m onwards somedays.

....but hey! I was almost as bad as you in the U.K.....and after 3 years here I found myself wearing a fleece at 23 degrees the other day!!!I still don't like it, but you do adapt.

What about Tasmania?? Never been, but it really appeals to me...BIG brownie points for temps and 'old stuff'.

Jan (a jeans and fleece kinda person in short shorts and thongs with deodorant in places it wasn't intended for )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.