Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

So was it worth it after all the sweat/tears?

So was it worth it after all the sweat/tears?

Old Apr 27th 2017, 3:10 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So was it worth it after all the sweat/tears?

Originally Posted by Beoz
The high is instant from snorting or smoking. Injection is rare to non existent even though you can .... hell you can inject a Panadol if you had the tools.
You obviously don't work in an emergency services job. Nor do you have ice addicted associates. However I will bow to your superior knowledge of everything and say you're right and my own personal experiences ate incorrect.
Old Apr 27th 2017, 3:24 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

The high is instant from snorting or smoking. Injection is rare to non existent even though you can .... hell you can inject a Panadol if you had the tools.
A few years ago I was leading the electrical design team on a major mining project. One of the young trainees I had working under me had a major drug (ice) problem. I had picked up something was wrong with him and after unsuccessfully trying to help him, got the company involved. They were very proactive and did a lot to help him and he eventually sorted himself out and now has a very good job with a major EPCM in Queensland. Anyway, the company sent me on an excellent drug awareness course. As I knew very little about drugs, this course was a real eye opener and helped me to understand the issues and realities of drug use. On the course, I learnt that the injection of meth is preferred by many users as it gives an instant, more intense high which lasts longer

That's the limit of my knowledge of the subject. If you know otherwise, party on with that

Last edited by Amazulu; Apr 27th 2017 at 5:05 am.
Old Apr 27th 2017, 3:46 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

So if someone finds used intravenous needles lying around they're nothing to do with drug taking. Got it.

However as I said earlier, drug taking is a world wide and finding a suburb in Sydney or anywhere without a drug problem of some description is pretty unlikely.
Old Apr 27th 2017, 3:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
You obviously don't work in an emergency services job. Nor do you have ice addicted associates. However I will bow to your superior knowledge of everything and say you're right and my own personal experiences ate incorrect.
Perhaps you should update your employers website as to which is the preferred way to ingest.
Old Apr 27th 2017, 3:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
So if someone finds used intravenous needles lying around they're nothing to do with drug taking. Got it.

However as I said earlier, drug taking is a world wide and finding a suburb in Sydney or anywhere without a drug problem of some description is pretty unlikely.
Where are these needles lying around?

I recall back in the 80's and 90's there was big news about needles being found on popular Sydney beaches, in parks, etc. Not sure where those needles have all gone. Perhaps the consumers gained a conscious and disposed of correctly.

Last edited by Beoz; Apr 27th 2017 at 3:54 am.
Old Apr 27th 2017, 6:37 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps you should update your employers website as to which is the preferred way to ingest.
I don't have anything to do with my employers website so not sure why you would think I should update their website. However I do have friends who work as paramedics, nurses and doctors in ED and they have told me about their experiences. I also had a child who occasionally used ice (although his main addiction was to alcohol and marijuana). When he used meth it was injected, not smoked or snorted. Same with his associates he used to get high with - injecting mainly. I also have a very good friend whose partner had an ice habit. His preferred method of ingestion was injection. So, as said, my personal experiences with people who use(d) methamphetamine is that they inject, not smoke or snort.
Old Apr 27th 2017, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I don't have anything to do with my employers website so not sure why you would think I should update their website. However I do have friends who work as paramedics, nurses and doctors in ED and they have told me about their experiences. I also had a child who occasionally used ice (although his main addiction was to alcohol and marijuana). When he used meth it was injected, not smoked or snorted. Same with his associates he used to get high with - injecting mainly. I also have a very good friend whose partner had an ice habit. His preferred method of ingestion was injection. So, as said, my personal experiences with people who use(d) methamphetamine is that they inject, not smoke or snort.
As a Paramedic I agree IV drug use is still common. As with any drug prescribed or recreational the quickest results are IV. Drug users may then look at other ways for a hit when they can't find a vein due to overuse. Just saying from experience
Old Apr 27th 2017, 8:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by garyp
As a Paramedic I agree IV drug use is still common. As with any drug prescribed or recreational the quickest results are IV. Drug users may then look at other ways for a hit when they can't find a vein due to overuse. Just saying from experience
How about the booty bumping? Look it up.
Old Apr 27th 2017, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light

How about the booty bumping? Look it up.
From my experience it's a little worrying you know so much about drugs.Yes the rectum is also a good place to hide drugs but you seem to be more of an expert on that than me
Old Apr 27th 2017, 9:31 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

From my experience it's a little worrying you know so much about drugs.Yes the rectum is also a good place to hide drugs but you seem to be more of an expert on that than me
It's also the place he talks from most of the time
Old Apr 27th 2017, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Grayling
Old Apr 27th 2017, 9:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Where the hell have you been hiding? Ah of course, hibernating through winter thinking sweet thoughts of Brisbane.
Old Apr 27th 2017, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hide? More commonly taken there than IV - Ice again for clarity.
Old Apr 27th 2017, 10:00 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Where the hell have you been hiding? Ah of course, hibernating through winter thinking sweet thoughts of Brisbane.
Well we all know where you have been.....on here constantly posting Bullshit

Have you got Aspergers?.......why not try refraining from posting on subjects you know F*** all about....the forum will survive without your 'expert' input.
Old Apr 27th 2017, 10:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well we all know where you have been.....on here constantly posting Bullshit

Have you got Aspergers?.......why not try refraining from posting on subjects you know F*** all about....the forum will survive without your 'expert' input.
I live here. In fact I live in Sydney which is what the subject is about. Lets just say I am a little closer to the source than you.

Are you still missing the mighty Brisbane?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.