Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

So why was that thread closed then??

So why was that thread closed then??

Old Jul 6th 2004, 9:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default So why was that thread closed then??

Yesterday I commented on a thread which was a selection of grotty pictures of the UK, I suggested that had anyone dared to put up equally grotty pictures of Australia the thread would not be very well received.

Somebody then started a thread with grotty pictures of Australia, lots of people got slightly miffed about it then the thread was closed: !!!!

The thread with grotty pictures of the UK is still open

Is anybody getting my point yet? its hardly alls fair in love and war is it, level playing field, tit for tat, what sort of rules are they

:scared:
Old Jul 6th 2004, 10:41 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default Re: So why was that thread closed then??

Originally posted by jad n rich
Yesterday I commented on a thread which was a selection of grotty pictures of the UK, I suggested that had anyone dared to put up equally grotty pictures of Australia the thread would not be very well received.

Somebody then started a thread with grotty pictures of Australia, lots of people got slightly miffed about it then the thread was closed: !!!!

Is anybody getting my point yet? its hardly alls fair in love and war is it, level playing field, tit for tat, what sort of rules are they

Its still here

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=240323

Kala
Old Jul 6th 2004, 10:46 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

He doesn't mean that one Kala.
He said there was another thread started.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 10:50 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

hey my thread was meant to be a laugh, dont u start pickin' on it
Old Jul 6th 2004, 10:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Kala, that was my point, the grotty pics thread of the UK IS still OPEN.

The similar thread Things I miss about Australia with its selection of grotty pics is CLOSED.

Seems people didnt find that thread very funny at all

I just cant believe the double rule system here:scared:
Old Jul 6th 2004, 10:54 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

All posters are equal; but some posters are more equal than others
Old Jul 6th 2004, 10:55 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Yes Kala, that was my point, the grotty pics thread of the UK IS still OPEN.

The similar thread Things I miss about Australia with its selection of grotty pics is CLOSED.

Seems people didnt find that thread very funny at all

I just cant believe the double rule system here:scared:
Oh OK, I'm thick

Blaming it on the Jack Daniels
Old Jul 6th 2004, 10:59 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally posted by kala
Oh OK, I'm thick

The first line was sufficient my love
Old Jul 6th 2004, 11:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh OK, I'm thick

Beginning to wonder if I am thick

100 views and not one person can tell me why its OK to post grotty pics of the UK but not OK to post grotty pics of Australia.

Call ME thick but I still aint getting it
Old Jul 6th 2004, 11:06 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

jad, if you looked at the threads in question, you'd realise that the aussie one ended up as a slanging match as part of the Daz/WBB show, where as soapys thread hasnt even been posted in apart from bordy & soapy talking about dvds & asking for some technical help.

My guess is the reason that its been closed is absolutely nothing to do with the photos or even the original subject of the thread, thought that would have been pretty obvious
Old Jul 6th 2004, 11:10 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

Beginning to wonder if I am thick

100 views and not one person can tell me why its OK to post grotty pics of the UK but not OK to post grotty pics of Australia.

Call ME thick but I still aint getting it

Just had a look throught he thread and to be far it really wasn't goin anywhere, It was a case of "my picture's worse than yours"

I'm not saying that the Uk thread was much better but it didn't get soooo hard hitting shall we say

Bix, Cheers mate
Old Jul 6th 2004, 11:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
jad, if you looked at the threads in question, you'd realise that the aussie one ended up as a slanging match as part of the Daz/WBB show, where as soapys thread hasnt even been posted in apart from bordy & soapy talking about dvds & asking for some technical help.

My guess is the reason that its been closed is absolutely nothing to do with the photos or even the original subject of the thread, thought that would have been pretty obvious

That was the first thing that I though of. Its obviously not that tho as Mutant/WBB is posting in other threads in the same way and they have not been closed.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 11:17 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

That was the first thing that I though of. Its obviously not that tho as Mutant/WBB is posting in other threads in the same way and they have not been closed.
Maybe it's because there were 2 threads so similar so they closed the newest one Just a thought!!
Old Jul 6th 2004, 11:19 pm
kong

This is very worrying. I have not insulted anyone, merely expressed my preference of the UK over Australia. It would seem that censorship is happening, I find this strange, surely a forum is intended for the full spectrum of view on any given topic??? Maybe the only acceptable viewpoint on here is that of the DIMIA propaganda. This is really sad, I honestly believed that all views were welcome here, regardless of political bias.

Old Jul 6th 2004, 11:19 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

just another thought
Maybe it's because there were 2 threads so similar so they closed the newest one Just a thought!!
maybe its cos mine is better just another thought lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.