Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

so..who's wanting to move out to the gold coast ?

so..who's wanting to move out to the gold coast ?

Old Mar 27th 2011, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

robowen will become famous soon enoughrobowen will become famous soon enough
Default so..who's wanting to move out to the gold coast ?

just curious to see whos comin out to the gold coast.
we're in Terranora. We are just over the QLD border into NSW 10mins from coolangatta. Thats at the lower end of the gold coast.
Old Mar 27th 2011, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

njbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nice
Default Re: so..who's wanting to move out to the gold coast ?

We're coming out in July, hubby and 2 kids. Will probably be the northern end, Helensvale where I have relatives and can commute to Brisbane, if need be. All I need is a job to put my mind at rest, then I can really look forward to the move. The trade off for the better life style is full time work and basic holidays. That will be a shock to my system!
Old Mar 28th 2011, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of

[ The trade off for the better life style is full time work and basic holidays. That will be a shock to my system![/QUOTE]

it needn't be a trade off. We have been here almost 4 yrs and in that time have had 2 holidays to South Africa, one back to the UK, one to Malaysia, another to Vanuatu, and have a cruise booked next month, then a trip to Bali and Phuket in September.. And we love it here
Old Mar 28th 2011, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

robowen will become famous soon enoughrobowen will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by njbrown
We're coming out in July, hubby and 2 kids. Will probably be the northern end, Helensvale where I have relatives and can commute to Brisbane, if need be. All I need is a job to put my mind at rest, then I can really look forward to the move. The trade off for the better life style is full time work and basic holidays. That will be a shock to my system!
basic holidays...basic holidays !!

This is the gold coast. You will have miles and miles of sandy beaches available to you every weekend. Forget the wind and rain back home, you'll have much more outdoor time here.
Old Mar 28th 2011, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by njbrown
Thats where we are and we love it. You won't be disappointed
Old Mar 28th 2011, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

njbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nice

Thanks for all the positive vibes. Moving out of our house next week, we're lucky, got a quick sale. It's all a bit stressful at the mo but I know it will be worth it in the end.