Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

So who's happy they moved to Brisbane??

So who's happy they moved to Brisbane??

Old Feb 13th 2006, 11:00 am
Welsh Member!!

GrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really nice
Default So who's happy they moved to Brisbane??

I've been here since the end of August, and so far I'm glad I made the move! I have my parent coming out here this week for a holiday, and I can't wait to show them around!

I'm happy to hear all comments, so post away....
Old Feb 13th 2006, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So who's happy they moved to Brisbane??

Originally Posted by GrantP

I've been here since the end of August, and so far I'm glad I made the move! I have my parent coming out here this week for a holiday, and I can't wait to show them around!

Hiya mate

Im heading your way in April for a quick visit
How you doing?
Old Feb 13th 2006, 11:10 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Glad your happy with your move. We are coming out for a reccie later this year! Really excited/nervous about it! Hope ya get loads of replies to ya post cos I can't wait to read them all!

Cheers!

Jackie x
Old Feb 13th 2006, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

We're OVER THE MOON!!!!!!!!!

Been here since last September. Best thing we ever did. Whereabouts are you in Brisbane???
Old Feb 13th 2006, 11:20 am
playing the angel

tinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond repute

glad your happy with the move, needing some positive thoughts at the mo...going through the "am I doing the right thing" phase at the minute. :scared:
Old Feb 13th 2006, 11:38 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

i hear Pennyhen2 is absolutely thrilled

Last edited by Rooksie; Feb 13th 2006 at 11:52 am.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 11:54 am
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of

know what you mean about the whole "am i doing the right thing" phase, we have 3 weeks to go until we move to brisbane and i have been really tearful last couple of days, havent even said any goodbyes yet!! kleenex at the ready!
anyway still looking forward to it!
regards
vb2
Old Feb 13th 2006, 1:00 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I love Brisbane and would not live anywhere else now.

Simply put its my idea of living life, rather than just muddling through.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 7:46 pm
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Not there yet but I'm sure we'll Loooove it when we get there
Old Feb 13th 2006, 7:57 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Best thing we've ever done. Been in Brisbane for 11 months and from all other places we've seen in Australia, I know we've made the right move for us.

Love everywhere in Oz, but in comparison Melbourne is dirty and the flies :scared: . Sydney is overrated, and over priced, Gold Coast is cool for a visit but could be a bit too much 24/7.

Yet to get to northern qld or NT but would like to and don't have any desire to go to SA or WA.

Brisbane's heat/humidity isn't that bad, everywhere you go has aircon and why move to Australia if you don't like heat?

Best move ever

R
Old Feb 13th 2006, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Brisbane is perfect in my view. It is not too big and not too small, the people are friendly and it has easy access to the gold Coast, Sunshine Coast and the mountains. The heat is not too bad either and to have sunshine practically every day of the year is great.
I would not want to live anywhere else.

Amanda
Old Feb 13th 2006, 9:11 pm
Welsh Member!!

GrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really nice

Originally Posted by hilary6
Hiya mate

Im heading your way in April for a quick visit
How you doing?
Hi Hilary!!

I'm goooood thanks!
..buying a house at the moment, so hope thats an indication of how much I like it here!!
You will love it when you get here in April! How's everything going your end?? ...I hope the visit is for visa validation!!??
Old Feb 13th 2006, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Not been yet, arrive 23 June at 0630. All the above comments are what I believe will make me love it. Cant wait. I shall comment more on this thread when I settle in.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 9:13 pm
Welsh Member!!

Originally Posted by JohnAndNetta
We're OVER THE MOON!!!!!!!!!

Been here since last September. Best thing we ever did. Whereabouts are you in Brisbane???
Hi John & Netta!

I'm currently living in Forest Lake on the south side, but I'm finding it's a little too far away from the city for my liking. I'm moving to Camp Hill in 2 weeks!!
Where abouts are you?
Old Feb 13th 2006, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Very happy!!!!

Been here since August, settled really well....husbands job going well.....kids are happy and getting on well in school...... all loving Oz! not exactly Brisbane but hey GC not that far

Sue x

Last edited by Sue2; Feb 13th 2006 at 10:55 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.