Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

So who's got SNOW in England??

Wikiposts

So who's got SNOW in England??

Old Nov 19th 2004, 9:45 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: So who's got SNOW in England??

Originally Posted by jad n rich
I want to wrap my christmas shopping in lovely COLD christmas atmosphere, rich kindly suggested I turn the AC to freeze and spray the windows with fake snow Idiot
not 'quite' the same, though I guess its the thought that counts?!?!
Old Nov 19th 2004, 1:15 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Still no snow here in Kent. Lovely bright sunny day today with no wind. Fairly cold. Walked to work watching flocks of skylarks, meadow pipits and winter thrushes over the fields. Lovely.........

Bloody freezing tonight mind!
Old Nov 19th 2004, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: So who's got SNOW in England??

It's been a beautiful day here in County Durham.......it just needed to be about 30 degrees warmer........!!!

No snow yet!

Sandy
Old Nov 19th 2004, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

We had quite a bit Thurs night, I do believe a slight dusting overnight. Not quite light yet so can't tell if snow or severe frost. Attached a picc of a couple of years ago when we had snow, just to make you feel more at home.
Attached Thumbnails So who's got SNOW in England??-cropsnow.jpg  

Last edited by joho; Nov 19th 2004 at 7:31 pm.
Old Nov 19th 2004, 6:12 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

SNOW SNOW !!!!! Who could ever miss the snow? u must be mad you lot.
you must have sun stroke
this will be my first November in my driving history that i wont neet to scrape the car window and long may it last !
Old Nov 19th 2004, 6:46 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
SNOW SNOW !!!!! Who could ever miss the snow? u must be mad you lot.
you must have sun stroke
this will be my first November in my driving history that i wont neet to scrape the car window and long may it last !
I'm with him ^^^^^^^^ .
Old Nov 19th 2004, 6:47 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

and I ditto both of the above!!!!

Snow?? Bahhhhhh Humbug!!!
Old Nov 19th 2004, 6:54 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

i don't know about england but we had snow in canberra the other week... (see pic).

well ok maybe not, it was just an accident with the washer but it fooled my mam! i had actually drawn a face in the suds but they didn't come out on the photo. (simple things eh?)

i wont miss snow. if i do i just have to drive an hour down the road and i've got as much snow as i need. well in the skiiing season anyway, the runs will be a bit dry at the moment.
Attached Thumbnails So who's got SNOW in England??-snow.jpg  
Old Nov 19th 2004, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

nursenancy has a spectacular aura aboutnursenancy has a spectacular aura aboutnursenancy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by scutterUK
i don't know about england but we had snow in canberra the other week... (see pic).

well ok maybe not, it was just an accident with the washer but it fooled my mam! i had actually drawn a face in the suds but they didn't come out on the photo. (simple things eh?)

i wont miss snow. if i do i just have to drive an hour down the road and i've got as much snow as i need. well in the skiiing season anyway, the runs will be a bit dry at the moment.

Just had a great afternoon at the pub, live bands singing for 'busking on the bay' at Redlands, hundreds of people there, stacks of fun for the kids and what did us and our friends talk about???? THE SNOW IN THE UK!!!! My friend misses it sooooo much! Being inside, wrapped up on the sofa in front of the fire with the snow outside, lovely! For those in the UK, make the most of it and for me, well I'm flying back to UK on saturday so fingers crossed the snow's still there X
Old Nov 19th 2004, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough

Not us. Just rain and more bloody rain!!!!
Old Nov 19th 2004, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

mysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of light

We had snow on Thursday evening probably about an inch it stuck overnight, we had a very light scattering last night.

We were hoping to miss most of the winter this year, but still for sale

Nikki
xx
Old Nov 19th 2004, 8:06 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
I'm with him ^^^^^^^^ .

I'm with you guys, I actually shuddered when I saw the photo :scared:

Jill

Old Nov 19th 2004, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough

One of the things I looked forward to about coming to live in the UK 6 years ago was the snow. Being brought up in Oz (Perth) we never saw any at all. So imagine my disappointment to realise that all the reminiscing about white christmases and wrapping up warm and trudging through the snow to do Christams shopping, and the crisp chilly weather for lighting up the town etc... was all complete b*****ks.

But hey,,,if you like grey days and rain then this place is heaven on a stick!
Old Nov 19th 2004, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

jugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud of

We had a brief flurry of snow but it didn't last long. i love it when it's frosty - a few layers of clothing keeps you warm and then you can get out and about for walks etc. Like most people it's the grey and the rain I don't like. Give me bright frosty days please
Old Nov 19th 2004, 11:19 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

It's snowing right now in Woldingham, Surrey & it's bloody freezing too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.