Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

So who's got SNOW in England??

So who's got SNOW in England??

Old Nov 19th 2004, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Smile So who's got SNOW in England??

Spoke to my MIL last night and she said she has 2 ft of snow where she lives - the Midlands. It was really odd her talking about snow and how cold she is there. She said she has the heating, gas fire and an electric halogen fire on and is still cold!!

Must say I always hated the cold, but the snow does look beautiful.
So if you have snow could you post any piccies on here so we can be reminiscent!
Old Nov 19th 2004, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice
Default Re: So who's got SNOW in England??

It is absolutly freezing here in Stock port and there is snow on the hills in the peak District cars coming in this morning were covered in snow
It is not beautiful just cold and slippy then it melts and gets cold dirty slippy and slushy Ugh last winter here though !!
Mary
Old Nov 19th 2004, 8:28 pm
Cheeky

Hi there!

I had snow on the car this morning!

I started the car up 10 mins before the school run and it still hadnt defrosted!! Brass monkeys Ill tell ya!!

Cheeky

Old Nov 19th 2004, 8:31 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of snow here in the peaks.

2 feet is an exaggeration though.

Never got any pictures today I'll see what it's like in the morning.

G
Old Nov 19th 2004, 8:31 pm
heehaugh

Granger will become famous soon enoughGranger will become famous soon enough

We don't have snow in the west of Scotland yet (sorry, I know the question was England, but useful info for any expats in oz). But apparently loads in Aberdeen. BBBrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Can't wait for the sunshine, oh any BTW did I mention I can't wait for the sunshine!!!
Old Nov 19th 2004, 8:51 pm
India-M'chester-Syd('05)

base_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant future

here in manchester, it was frosty but it was one of the brighter days........next year, at this time, I guess I will be hot and sweaty and smelly...........
Old Nov 19th 2004, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Originally Posted by Granger
We don't have snow in the west of Scotland yet (sorry, I know the question was England, but useful info for any expats in oz). But apparently loads in Aberdeen. BBBrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Can't wait for the sunshine, oh any BTW did I mention I can't wait for the sunshine!!!
hey Granger, where abouts in the West? Nothing in the East either. Beautiful day in Edinburgh though, blue sky, sunshine....wrapped up warm every time I had to go outside at work (double shift ) and it was fab. Nicer than the strong winds and drizzle of recent days.
About 22 degrees in Brissy I think according to the Met. report at work....one day....one day...
Old Nov 19th 2004, 8:58 pm
heehaugh

Granger will become famous soon enoughGranger will become famous soon enough

In a place called Erskine right next to the Bridge. 5 miles or so from Paisley, and em, 1,000's and 1,000 of miles from Perth. Not for much longer
Old Nov 19th 2004, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Originally Posted by Granger
In a place called Erskine right next to the Bridge. 5 miles or so from Paisley, and em, 1,000's and 1,000 of miles from Perth. Not for much longer
Yeh!!! On both accounts...5 miles from Paisley and not much longer till you're in Perth! Mr Logan spent 5 years in Paisley and is so pleased to have survived! (a) he's of an Anglo Saxon persuasion, much like myself, although I've been here 13 years (b) he has a Home Counties accent, so doubly lucky to have survived!
Old Nov 19th 2004, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tinaj
Spoke to my MIL last night and she said she has 2 ft of snow where she lives - the Midlands. It was really odd her talking about snow and how cold she is there. She said she has the heating, gas fire and an electric halogen fire on and is still cold!!

Must say I always hated the cold, but the snow does look beautiful.
So if you have snow could you post any piccies on here so we can be reminiscent!
Rained all day in Nottingham yesturday, then the snow came at 5pm, too wet for it to settle but looked pretty coming down. Not so great for my hubby commuting a normal 1 1/2 each way on the M1, took him 3 hours to home.
All gone this morning apart from a bit on grass and cars, real cold though!
KAZ
Old Nov 19th 2004, 9:20 pm
addicted members

Bigmo&co is on a distinguished road

Hi,
We are in the east also between Dundee and Aberdeen. Hubby left this morning for Aberdeen and said they had around 2 inch of snow but we had nothing but wind and a temp of 1oC bl*****dy cold.

Brian & Elaine
Old Nov 19th 2004, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

No snow in Sale, South Manchester, but there is snow up on the hills. For those that want to reminisce here's a picture from a couple of years ago.
Attached Thumbnails So who's got SNOW in England??-snowy-garden.jpg  
Old Nov 19th 2004, 9:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

All this talk of snow were christmas shopping today weather forcast is brissy 30, overcast,showers/storms, I WANT SNOW!!!!!!
Old Nov 19th 2004, 9:39 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by jad n rich
All this talk of snow were christmas shopping today weather forcast is brissy 30, overcast,showers/storms, I WANT SNOW!!!!!!

Me too!!! Off out on the boat now instead... its nice but what I'd do for a foot of snow just for a day
Old Nov 19th 2004, 9:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Me too!!! Off out on the boat now instead... its nice but what I'd do for a foot of snow just for a day
I want to wrap my christmas shopping in lovely COLD christmas atmosphere, rich kindly suggested I turn the AC to freeze and spray the windows with fake snow Idiot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.