Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

So who is freaking out?

So who is freaking out?

Old Nov 5th 2007, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

lee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nice
Default So who is freaking out?

Well by the looks of it we are going to perth for january for study and its a nightmare all the stuff to do before we leave.

Get Married this friday. yay!!
Have 5 people coming this week and next about container quotes.
What to keep and what not to keep, the Mrs is allready going through her GIGANTIC wardrobe of clothes for the last 3 hours.
How do women have so much clothes? I could fit mine in a carrier bag from tesco.
Get all stuff over there for the proposed leaving date of the 10th of january.
Get house ready to rent out for the time being were away, which includes fixing the entire bathroom due to waterleak a while back.
Arrange flights and all that other stuff.

PANIC!!!

anyone else doing horticulture landscaping course in perth?
Old Nov 5th 2007, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Clara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud of
Default Re: So who is freaking out?

Hi there...

I haven't done the course sorry but I totally understand the wardrobe (I am a girl and therefore I have clothes and even more shoes...) but best wishes for you wedding Friday have a good day and everything else will just happen you have loads of time!! LOL

Good luck!
Old Nov 5th 2007, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice

Have a lovely, lovely day on Friday...nothing else matters until Saturday!
Just keep plugging away, cut the plug off the telly so you don't get distracted, and be totally ruthless with what you are keeping! We are doing the same right now, got the shippers on Tuesday next week. We're hardly taking anything and it's still almost £2000!!!
I have given away and recycled many of my clothes and shoes, got it down to 3 suitcases and a box....they OH has dutifully packed his in one backpack
Good luck, keep a bottle of wine in the fridge for when it all gets too much
Old Nov 5th 2007, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice

p.s. a tip - try letton percival for your shipping insurance - I saved £100 today going direct through them instead of using the insurance the shippers offer (same cover if not better, but direct from letton percival, which is where the shippers often buy it anyway!)
Old Nov 5th 2007, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

lee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nice

weve got 5 companies coming for quotes and I will ask them quotes with and without insurance and then phone the insurance folks to see what they quote us for.

And theres about 250 coming to the wedding
Old Nov 5th 2007, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

annkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud of

Have a brilliant day on friday, i hope all goes well for you both in the future.
we are going in may of next year and yes its scary all the stuff we still have to do
good luck. Annkc
Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Lee,
have a great day on Friday.

I'm glad you found a way to get to Oz. Have you told work yet?

Johnnyyt
Old Nov 5th 2007, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

Hiya J, yeh I have told work that I got an offer and will probebly be away in january if everything goes Ok.

Hows your appeal going? hope everything is good and you have enough info this time for it and you get approved.

Also seems a few guys are getting itchy feet with me talking about Oz all the time, so maybe a couple will make the plunge,also told them that there a few VM guys down south feeling the urge.

Last edited by lee28; Nov 5th 2007 at 11:20 pm.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant future

Good Luck for your wedding on Friday
We're off to Perth January, doing the packing bit now 3 boxes done ONLY another 16 to go!!!!
Old Nov 6th 2007, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lee28
Hiya J, yeh I have told work that I got an offer and will probebly be away in january if everything goes Ok.

Hows your appeal going? hope everything is good and you have enough info this time for it and you get approved.

Also seems a few guys are getting itchy feet with me talking about Oz all the time, so maybe a couple will make the plunge,also told them that there a few VM guys down south feeling the urge.
Lee,
great to hear its all going quick for you know.

I am still waiting to hear from the TRA on the appeal.........hopefully might hear soon as recieved 11/10/07 and recipted/cheque cashed 23/11/07.

As for others thinking about following to Aus direct then to this site, and if anyone is serious give them my mobile no if they want a chat.

Johnnyyt
Old Nov 6th 2007, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

jules123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am freaking out. Still got the dogs failed erlichia test hanging over us.. Haven't slept for 2 weeks
The whole thing is absurd .. A dog who has never been outside berkshire , let alone any woods or an exotic country
My kids are beside themselves and I feel like I am dying inside( not a feeling I have had since I was diagnosed with cancer)
Trying to cope with this and the move is too much
Old Nov 6th 2007, 8:48 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Well by the looks of it we are going to perth for january for study and its a nightmare all the stuff to do before we leave.

Get Married this friday. yay!!
Have 5 people coming this week and next about container quotes.
What to keep and what not to keep, the Mrs is allready going through her GIGANTIC wardrobe of clothes for the last 3 hours.
How do women have so much clothes? I could fit mine in a carrier bag from tesco.
Get all stuff over there for the proposed leaving date of the 10th of january.
Get house ready to rent out for the time being were away, which includes fixing the entire bathroom due to waterleak a while back.
Arrange flights and all that other stuff.

PANIC!!!

anyone else doing horticulture landscaping course in perth?

ROD FOR OWN BACK springs to mind lol !!!!

Good luck on Friday... you do know, legally, you must be married and living within the uk, for 180 days.. otherwise the marriage isnt recognised in Australia..

Its some old law, but enforceable.

Good luck with Bathroom, and Horticulture...

oh btw i lied about the marriage thing, but in 20 yrs time.. you may look back n think.. i wonder if that was true lol
Old Nov 6th 2007, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
ROD FOR OWN BACK springs to mind lol !!!!

Good luck on Friday... you do know, legally, you must be married and living within the uk, for 180 days.. otherwise the marriage isnt recognised in Australia..

Its some old law, but enforceable.

Good luck with Bathroom, and Horticulture...

oh btw i lied about the marriage thing, but in 20 yrs time.. you may look back n think.. i wonder if that was true lol
U ****, I was worried there for a second, weve been together for 2 years now and I was just about to shout down to the Mrs that were ****ed again.LOL

long time since I laughed that hard.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Now a Married man, and everything went perfect and the reception was packed out.

The HOG we got in for the buffet as a surprise went down a treat and we announced that we will be probebly moving away to Australia in January as well.

Old Nov 11th 2007, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Now a Married man, and everything went perfect and the reception was packed out.

The HOG we got in for the buffet as a surprise went down a treat and we announced that we will be probebly moving away to Australia in January as well.

Congratulation Hope your news went down well. All the best for your future, it must be a very exciting time.

Mandy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.