Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

So who is flying out in October 2007

So who is flying out in October 2007

Old Sep 25th 2007, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice
Default Re: So who is flying out in October 2007

Originally Posted by Mumfords
Cheapest I found was direct with Singapore Airlines website £1600 for 2 adults and 2 kids

Asda is good but there is a £35 surcharge for using a card
hi, i had a look on their website, but it was alot dearer than that. did you ring them or book on line.we are also looking at stopping off in singapore for 2 nites.we have never been and the the hotels are meant to be reasonable and the kids want go to the zoo etc.

tony
Old Sep 25th 2007, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

walkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the rough

Time of booking is quite critical. Rule of thumb (in general) is the further ahead you book/pay the cheaper it is.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Mumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud of

Tony

Booked online but I did ring them first to check things out, It was them that sujjested saving money and book online

We are not having a stopover but have booked in the Transit hotel at the Airport for 6 hours
Old Sep 25th 2007, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice

Tony

Booked online but I did ring them first to check things out, It was them that sujjested saving money and book online

We are not having a stopover but have booked in the Transit hotel at the Airport for 6 hours
ok thanks.
p.s how long ago did you book your flights
Old Sep 25th 2007, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Mumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud of

Booked just over a week ago

You might get it cheaper if you are flexiable with your dates if not try asda (cathy pacific might be cheaper!!)
Old Sep 25th 2007, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

walkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the rough

Booked just over a week ago
Chuckle, glad i put 'in general' - there i go, being proved wrong again
Old Sep 25th 2007, 12:24 pm
At home in Qld

theelliotts is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: So who is flying out in October 2007

We are off on Tues 9th - had to book with Korean as we were struggling to get flights due to waiting for house exchange/completion dates. Flying Heathrow to Brisbane. Can't wait but still feels a way off............ with rather a lot to do!!

Nina, Peter (and 2 girls 5yrs & 3yrs - oh joy!!??)
Old Sep 25th 2007, 3:07 pm

Caggsy is on a distinguished road

22nd October LHR/SING/SYD/PERTH with BA/Quantas.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Sydney via Dubai and Bangkok from Gatwick with Emirates next Wednesday (3rd). Only to validate though. And no stopovers, it's going to be a long journey
Old Sep 25th 2007, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by mad.chef
We leave from Birmingham to Perth via Dubai on October 1st. One week tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Getting close for you guys now!!! Last weekend for you - what have you got planned? Looks like the weather's picking up from the photo that Jules posted on the Secret Harbour meet last weekend
Old Sep 25th 2007, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

bmw02rally is an unknown quantity at this point

We are flying out to Brisbane on the 8th October from Heathrow with Korean Airlines because we left it too late to book BA or Singapore. Arriving on the 10th.

me, the wife and kids 9 and 7.

Crapping ourselves now but can't wait.

Mark
Old Sep 26th 2007, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Caggsy
Getting close for you guys now!!! Last weekend for you - what have you got planned? Looks like the weather's picking up from the photo that Jules posted on the Secret Harbour meet last weekend
Hi there,

We are going to a friends house for dinner on Sat night and then the usual on sunday with the inlaws and parents round. I can see it now, the exchanges of looks as to who is going to go home first and say their goodbyes!!!!!! I am dreading it, think I might have a few even though I don't drink!

We are leaving our house about 10 the next morning, still need to book the taxi, but our families are not coming to the airport as it will be way to traumatic for the kids. I just hope they keep it together for the kids sake and then go and blart on their way home (cruel aren't I?)

Sarah
Old Sep 26th 2007, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by mad.chef
Hi there,

We are going to a friends house for dinner on Sat night and then the usual on sunday with the inlaws and parents round. I can see it now, the exchanges of looks as to who is going to go home first and say their goodbyes!!!!!! I am dreading it, think I might have a few even though I don't drink!

We are leaving our house about 10 the next morning, still need to book the taxi, but our families are not coming to the airport as it will be way to traumatic for the kids. I just hope they keep it together for the kids sake and then go and blart on their way home (cruel aren't I?)

Sarah
That's brave Sarah having both sets of parents round to your place together. Making sure we say our goodbyes in a public place (with a bar!) so there aren't too many tears. As you say you all need to hold it together for the kids after all it's a happy and exciting time and only a 24 hour flight away!

Have a safe journey, best of luck, we're 3 weeks behind you
Old Sep 26th 2007, 9:26 am
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

Well we are off on 2nd October so just a week to go. We have been living at my Mums for just over a week now.
We are totally run off our feet with trying to get round to seeing everyone before we go. I am enjoying spending time with everyone but am so very tired.
We are stopping at friends tonight and no doubt will have lots to drink and spend most of the evening telling my friend how much i love her and blubbering into my wine glass.
We are staying in tmrw and cooking for my Mum, friday we are out in Nottingham with friends and sat out again, sunday is a meal with both families. Monday we are having an open house for last goodbyes. Tuesday Matts Mum and Dad are coming over to my Mums to wave us off as we leave for heathrow at about 11:30ish, we fly to Singapore with just a 9hour transit stop then on to Sydney on the 4th. So much to do and so little time. We also have to sort out all the suitcases that are spread out all over my Mums conservatory. Not much time to breathe really.

How is everyone feeling?
Its kind of wierd really as sometimes I feel so nervous I feel like i could throw up (mmmm thats a reminder of early hours Sunday S-j), but other times I feel quite excited. Its the biggest roller coaster in the world.
Wow i have rambbled on for far to long now so TTFN and maybe see you on the other side.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by LisaD_uk
Well we are off on 2nd October so just a week to go. We have been living at my Mums for just over a week now.
We are totally run off our feet with trying to get round to seeing everyone before we go. I am enjoying spending time with everyone but am so very tired.
We are stopping at friends tonight and no doubt will have lots to drink and spend most of the evening telling my friend how much i love her and blubbering into my wine glass.
We are staying in tmrw and cooking for my Mum, friday we are out in Nottingham with friends and sat out again, sunday is a meal with both families. Monday we are having an open house for last goodbyes. Tuesday Matts Mum and Dad are coming over to my Mums to wave us off as we leave for heathrow at about 11:30ish, we fly to Singapore with just a 9hour transit stop then on to Sydney on the 4th. So much to do and so little time. We also have to sort out all the suitcases that are spread out all over my Mums conservatory. Not much time to breathe really.

How is everyone feeling?
Its kind of wierd really as sometimes I feel so nervous I feel like i could throw up (mmmm thats a reminder of early hours Sunday S-j), but other times I feel quite excited. Its the biggest roller coaster in the world.
Wow i have rambbled on for far to long now so TTFN and maybe see you on the other side.
Best of luck Lisa D! Whereabouts in Sydney are you heading?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.