Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

So what really goes on in the Australian Suburbs?

So what really goes on in the Australian Suburbs?

Old Sep 23rd 2003, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default So what really goes on in the Australian Suburbs?

Tell all is it the dream life as seen from a Manchester sitting room after watching "Life in the sun". Or a little more hum drum perhaps?

Whats your life really like here, kids, school, work, big ousework.

Or endless sex, runs on the beach, happy kids frolicking in the pool perhaps?

And where do you go "out" to, you know pubs, pokies, BBq.s,

Plus did you really take up hang gliding, scuba diving etc , or were you too knackered just like in the UK.
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Damn it Dotty you woke me up!!

I am on the verge of shooting myself with boredom. Don't worry peeps in Uk - only work boredom.

I am still waiting for my Kylie gene to kick in to transform me into the said pop godess. I am totally knackered cos I have no time to do any exercise once I've finished doing the usual household duties and "attending" place of work for best part of the day. No cleaner for me I'm afraid but I've got the kids on a roll at the minute getting a tick on their chart for little jobbies so they are going around clearing everything up furiously. (gonna cost me Digimon PS game)

Kylie x
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 5:35 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DianeOZ
I've got the kids on a roll at the minute getting a tick on their chart for little jobbies so they are going around clearing everything up furiously. (gonna cost me Digimon PS game)
Glad Im not the only mum who does that, my boys will happily clean the whole house (they are only 5 though, remember? so its not the best cleaning job in the world) in exchange for a stint on the nintendo or playstation.

But for now, yes, they are happily playing in the pool. If it wasn't so windy we might be out on our new boat, maybe when it calms down a bit.

Endless sex? I dont have a pool cleaner, I have to wait for Dagboy to come home for that .
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 5:42 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: So what really goes on in the Australian Suburbs?

Originally posted by dotty
Tell all is it the dream life as seen from a Manchester sitting room after watching "Life in the sun". Or a little more hum drum perhaps?

Whats your life really like here, kids, school, work, big ousework.

Or endless sex, runs on the beach, happy kids frolicking in the pool perhaps?

And where do you go "out" to, you know pubs, pokies, BBq.s,

Plus did you really take up hang gliding, scuba diving etc , or were you too knackered just like in the UK.
I live in a unit so no barbies. I go out all over town but I also have an "atmosperic" local. It is one of the few pubs left in the Eastern burbs that hasn't gone smart. It still has bands and the pokies are not prominent. The clientele are a bit rough and ready but let you be and have a laugh. Not the pub for a night out but good for a swift cold one.

You can tell by the avatar what I sport took up and that has changed me. I am a lot fitter now and being fit does help the mind. Scarily enough I found myself running Bondi Beach when I trained to do a triathlon. I would never have done a triathlon in the UK(it was a mini triathlon so not impressive).

I am just as knackered as I was in Woking but a walk down to the ocean at sunset is better for the spirit than walking though the peacocks centre in Woking.

No kids yet but I would not be worried about them in the area.

There is a lot more than the above that makes my life satisfying. I came to Australia to give it a go and not to fill a hole in my life.
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

Fuzzy is an unknown quantity at this point

[i].But for now, yes, they are happily playing in the pool. If it wasn't so windy we might be out on our new boat, maybe when it calms down a bit.

New boat!!!!, bloody hell it's all right for some innit?
And here's me thinking i had it all with me new trainers.
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 5:43 am

Damn it Dotty you woke me up!!

I am on the verge of shooting myself with boredom. Don't worry peeps in Uk - only work boredom.

I am still waiting for my Kylie gene to kick in to transform me into the said pop godess. I am totally knackered cos I have no time to do any exercise once I've finished doing the usual household duties and "attending" place of work for best part of the day. No cleaner for me I'm afraid but I've got the kids on a roll at the minute getting a tick on their chart for little jobbies so they are going around clearing everything up furiously. (gonna cost me Digimon PS game)

Kylie x
Have you got that Kylie butt?

Old Sep 23rd 2003, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

:scared: :scared:

Try Nora Battys butt & you'd be nearer the mark!

Old Sep 23rd 2003, 7:23 am

Default Nora Batty Web Babe

:scared: :scared:

Try Nora Battys butt & you'd be nearer the mark!

Maybe you could become a web babe to. Check out this link.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_355110.html
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Hmm, Nora trussed up like Sarah Jane!! :scared:
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

I must say I'm a bit worried what there will be to do in the evenings in OZ.

By all accounts the TV is rubbish, it goes dark early, can't sit out cos of the mozzies etc. and I don't find tupperware or quilt making very interesting.
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 12:04 pm
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by cadman

By all accounts the TV is rubbish, it goes dark early, can't sit out cos of the mozzies etc. and I don't find tupperware or quilt making very interesting.
Obviously you need to drink less of that wine & get practising the endless sex thing
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Obviously you need to drink less of that wine & get practising the endless sex thing
That's what drove me to drink
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 12:08 pm
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by Fuzzy
New boat!!!!, bloody hell it's all right for some innit?
And here's me thinking i had it all with me new trainers.
Sorry Fuzzy, Im sure the new trainers are the bees knees

BTW, its not actually new, only new to us if that makes you feel any better
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 12:10 pm
Rocket Scientist

That's what drove me to drink

Old Sep 23rd 2003, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the quiet life, out at weekends in the country with the kids, back to nature and all that.
(it's not the weekends that worry me)

I don't go out to the pub, just drink myself into a stupor at home while watching the sun go down or watching TV (hence the worries!)

At this rate I'll end up talking to the missus in the evenings when we get there !:scared:
or having the endless sex:scared: :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.