Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

So so so fedup!!!! can't see the light

So so so fedup!!!! can't see the light

Old Jun 22nd 2005, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

charlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant future
Unhappy So so so fedup!!!! can't see the light

Well yesterday was the day we were aiming to leave the country and jet off to Brisbane. But.......

So far 9th June exchange contracts on house? NO
Complete sale 16th? NO

today we are still awaiting the mortgage offer from the buyers, who we were informed were first time buyers! NO second mortgage!!!

And some private search company have managed to loose the last local council search - which they sent electronically on the 17th!!!!!

Now feeling so pissed off, our 2 daughters (18 - 20 ) are being so good about the wait but it is so hard as we have said the farewells, had all the tears from friends and family and then yesterday even got the have a good flight texts!!!

I just can not see the end although I am sure it must be there.

Sorry to go on but need a group hug from those who may have been here!

Charlie
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice
Default Re: So so so fedup!!!! can't see the light

Originally Posted by charlie63
Well yesterday was the day we were aiming to leave the country and jet off to Brisbane. But.......

Complete sale 16th? NO

today we are still awaiting the mortgage offer from the buyers, who we were informed were first time buyers! NO second mortgage!!!

And some private search company have managed to loose the last local council search - which they sent electronically on the 17th!!!!!

Now feeling so pissed off, our 2 daughters (18 - 20 ) are being so good about the wait but it is so hard as we have said the farewells, had all the tears from friends and family and then yesterday even got the have a good flight texts!!!

Charlie
Hi Charlie,
you've come this far and I'm sure not without hiccups! This is the final leg before you leave.....hold out Having had all the tears, and emotion, the only thing you want to do is hop on the plane, and I feel for you.

Even though it doesn't help your situation at all, I'll send some karma. Do let us know when you are off to the airport!
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 10:39 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Complete sale 16th? NO

Charlie
Oh mate im really really sorry but try and look at the bigger picture - it will be so worth it. soon enough you will look back and think p'ah look at us now!!

massive karma

jacs x
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 12:39 am
ABCDiamond

Sorry to hear about these problems. Is there any way you can still leave and have the house finalised whilst you are away ? Or is it a case of 100% needing the funds before you leave ?
I'll send some Karma your way.

Old Jun 23rd 2005, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Complete sale 16th? NO

Charlie
Hi Charlie
What an awful position to be in - so bloody frustrating (just read Fraser's post horrible state of plan too)

Of course you are feeling pissed off, so were we when back in the UK and not having hardly any viewers and NO offers! All being well it will come together for you very soon - this should be the last hurdle before getting on that plane

The grinding wheel only goes as fast as these 'people' you are relying on want to move, they are not worried about the position you are in or what effect it has on your lives - they only usually work to their own drum!!!

The emotions you are going thru at the moment are massive - but as someone else has just said - once you are on that flight you will have your dream at your fingertips - all will fall into place and there will be no looking back - just forward to a life you so desire - just keep thinking of that and try to relax inbetween - deep breaths - chill out - cyber hugs to you all

All the best
Gillx
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Hi I will send you some karma. We had a torrid time selling our house too. The buyers insisted on us having minor reapirs done to the house, ie repointing work and replastering. It was a nightmare getting the builders to do the work. All very stressfull. I really hope things come good for you soon.

Katie
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Complete sale 16th? NO

Charlie

Just wanted to send you a big cyber hug, I can fully sympathize with you.

Got a lot happening here and doubts are kicking in. Having a down time too but hey chin up one day it will all happen!!!

Chris
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

wallabywannabies will become famous soon enoughwallabywannabies will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: So so so fedup!!!! can't see the light

Complete sale 16th? NO

Charlie
Yes god does have a cruel sense of bloody humour doesnt he.take breath calm down and relax in the knowledge that oz isnt going anywhere
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

charlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant future
Smile Re: So so so fedup!!!! can't see the light

Thank you all so much feeling all warm and cuddled now thanks to your encouragement.
An update today they finally found that 'missing search'!!

So We will keep on going and try and catch some sleep before we can get on that plane.

Thanks again

Charlie
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 3:26 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all so much feeling all warm and cuddled now thanks to your encouragement.
An update today they finally found that 'missing search'!!

So We will keep on going and try and catch some sleep before we can get on that plane.

Thanks again

Charlie

Thank GOD!!!!

im almost tempted to put our house on the market now!!! it all sounds bloody awful from what i can gather!!

Charlie can i ask you please where you had your meds done?? cheers jac x
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 3:28 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Complete sale 16th? NO

Charlie
Sending you loads of luck and karma ... you will get there

sorry wont let me give karma have a cyber hug instead.

Last edited by possoms; Jun 23rd 2005 at 3:29 pm. Reason: wont let me give karma :(
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Theresa, Ian & Tim is on a distinguished road

Dear Charlie
We are in the exact situation as you. We accepted an offer on our house and shop the beginning of April. We dropped £30k for a completion of 6-8 weeks and still no completion as at today. We were going to have a month with our parents before we left for Perth and fly out the end of June but now it looks like it might just be a couple of weeks and fly out end of July as long as the sale goes through. I know exactly how you feel but think in a month or two the weather in Oz will be that much warmer and we will have had the benefit of the warm weather here - well thats how I'm looking at it.

Regards
Theresa
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 5:15 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Complete sale 16th? NO

Charlie
Charlie,
I know how frustrated you feel, we too are waiting to exchange. It should have been done over 2 weeks ago. Firstly the buyers IFA didn't send off their mortgage application for 3 weeks, then he has been off work for last 2 (death in family) weeks. I know this couldn't be helped but no one in the company picked up any of his messages, he is now back and chasing mortgage offer. All this after almost 12 months on the market. I should have cracked up by now. Hopefully the light will be shining brighter soon as I'm sure yours will be. You have waited this long, so what's another few weeks. Not easy I know, but you will get there. Be strong, a huge cyber hug is on its way to you.
Sarah
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 6:00 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Complete sale 16th? NO

Charlie

sending you a hug, but i havent been there im afraid!!
just out of curiosity, cant you give someone power of attorney to sign the house stuff for you? it costs about 50 quid from a solicitor and can be sorted in a couple of days.....
good luck....hope it all works out for you ASAP!

sue
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 8:30 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Complete sale 16th? NO

Charlie
Chin up. You've come this far dont let it get you down now. It will happen soon.

Claire
xx