Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

So, So ANGRY with our Agent!!

Wikiposts

So, So ANGRY with our Agent!!

Old May 3rd 2005, 4:19 am
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: So, So ANGRY with our Agent!!

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Hi NAC

I would have sacked the agent at the beginning if you weren't happy with the service you were getting.
How long have you been qualified for?
I am only asking as my Rich qualified in Feb 2003 and has been working ever since as a RN. So he has 2 years job experience so we were 5 points short so he has got himself a job offer with Grenslopes Hospital in Brisbane.

I did our application myself and it has been easy. Just a case of gathering all the paperwork together.

But hang on in there cos you will get your visa soon and when you do NAME & SHAME your agent!

best of luck and will send you some karma
Ang
Hi Ang, I have been qualified for 11 years but took a couple of years out when I had my second baby. I went back to work so that we could apply to go to Aus. I

We did think about sacking them after we got the TRA but we had already paid out £1000 and were tied into a contract to pay the rest. We felt it was too risky and complicated to back out. In hindsight I wish we had and done the Visa Application ourselves as it was very straightforward.

And, yes, I will DEFINATELY be naming and shaming. Nobody can sue you for giving the facts. I know people have used the same agent and think they're great. That's fine for them but I also know other people have similar complaints to us - we are not alone! I get fed up seeing this company praised and not feeling or being able to respond

Anyway, thanks for your support and good luck with your move!

Carolyn
Old May 3rd 2005, 5:00 am
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NAC
Hi Ang, I have been qualified for 11 years but took a couple of years out when I had my second baby. I went back to work so that we could apply to go to Aus. I

We did think about sacking them after we got the TRA but we had already paid out £1000 and were tied into a contract to pay the rest. We felt it was too risky and complicated to back out. In hindsight I wish we had and done the Visa Application ourselves as it was very straightforward.

And, yes, I will DEFINATELY be naming and shaming. Nobody can sue you for giving the facts. I know people have used the same agent and think they're great. That's fine for them but I also know other people have similar complaints to us - we are not alone! I get fed up seeing this company praised and not feeling or being able to respond

Anyway, thanks for your support and good luck with your move!

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn, yours sounds like an identical experience to ours. Our visa application should have been submitted on 17th November 2004 and when we rang them up on several occasions they said they were in the pile to be double checked but they had had the information ages before they could be submitted, along with our money . Our visa application was finally submitted at the beginning of January after a very angry phonecall they said I needed recent references from my employer because when I originally had them done it was last July!!!! now everything has been done and sent so we are just waiting but the delay has caused us untold hassle. Wonder if we have the same agent?
Old May 3rd 2005, 5:38 am
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by meljor
Hi Carolyn, yours sounds like an identical experience to ours. Our visa application should have been submitted on 17th November 2004 and when we rang them up on several occasions they said they were in the pile to be double checked but they had had the information ages before they could be submitted, along with our money . Our visa application was finally submitted at the beginning of January after a very angry phonecall they said I needed recent references from my employer because when I originally had them done it was last July!!!! now everything has been done and sent so we are just waiting but the delay has caused us untold hassle. Wonder if we have the same agent?
Hi there, I have replyed to your PM before reading your reply here on the thread Anyway, as I said we HAVE got the same Agent. How interesting as yours is a very similar scenario. It is about time people were warned about this company. They have caused us so much hassle and worry it's unreal. My husband called them today just to get things off his chest but they are just not interested in your complaint. I did write to the 'boss' a few months ago and despite assurances that things would improve, they haven't. I suppose there is a temptation that when you get your Visa you just forget about the bad service but I am determined to take it further. I will look into making a complaint to the MARA. Even if I don't get any money back at least I will feel better!
Carolyn
Old May 3rd 2005, 5:53 am
jude

judeyoga will become famous soon enoughjudeyoga will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by NAC
Thanks for your kind words. I have sent you a PM so hope you get it. All you have to do is click on the persons User Name and you will get a list of options.
I think your work thing will be fine as it is allowed leave. I had taken 2 years off for my kids so was 'out of employment'.
Good luck
Carolyn
Thanks for being gentle with me on my first time! I got your message and think you are being very restrained not putting it out publicly for all to see. Have a chilled out night and try to forget about everything. we had to wait 2 years for the adoption of our children to go through so know all about the frustration of waiting - we found it was best not to put our lives on hold and make the most of our current situation (for us being childless and without responsibilities!)

When you have got what you want from him - definitely name and shame!!!
Old May 3rd 2005, 5:57 am
NAC
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by judeyoga
Thanks for being gentle with me on my first time! I got your message and think you are being very restrained not putting it out publicly for all to see. Have a chilled out night and try to forget about everything. we had to wait 2 years for the adoption of our children to go through so know all about the frustration of waiting - we found it was best not to put our lives on hold and make the most of our current situation (for us being childless and without responsibilities!)

When you have got what you want from him - definitely name and shame!!!
Thankyou for your lovely words of wisdom Sometimes I do seem very ungrateful. I know there are loads of people who would love to live in Oz and don't even get the chance - I just hate being ripped off
By the way, your children are very lucky to have such calm parents!
Carolyn
Old May 3rd 2005, 6:11 am
jude

judeyoga will become famous soon enoughjudeyoga will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by NAC
Thankyou for your lovely words of wisdom Sometimes I do seem very ungrateful. I know there are loads of people who would love to live in Oz and don't even get the chance - I just hate being ripped off
By the way, your children are very lucky to have such calm parents!
Carolyn
Thankyou thats a lovely thing to say - although you may not have said that if you had just seen me driving to the supermarket. I think I must have been in stealth mode because I appeared to be invisible to other drivers!

Have a nice evening!
Old May 3rd 2005, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all

I am so sorry to hear that you have had this trouble with your agent. I have to say that our agent has been brilliant. He is based in Adelaide and came with a recommendation from a friend. He is very efficient, communicative and gave us a breakdown, almost so that a child could follow it, of everything that was needed. Plus he was about £500 cheaper than the agents over here. We have felt that his proximity in Adelaide gives us an advantage as as soon as he gets the documentation, he is able to lodge. We have only just started the assessment process, but so far we are very happy. I think it is really poor when agents take your money and then don't deliver on service - that is one of the things I found refreshing when were in Melbourne, the service. I hope things improve for you.

Sarah & Dave
Old May 3rd 2005, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Pipers Mummy is on a distinguished road

Our agent was totally useless as well We eventually binned them.....but at great financial cost to us - despite the fact that they had actually done nothing at all with our application :scared: We wrote a letter of complaint to the MD or whoever he was (some idiot) who replied with a breakdown of the work they had carried out on our behalf - amounting to approximately 70 pounds per hour!!!!!! He also happened to be an incredibly rude, sarcastic and ignorant man.

Send me a PM if you want to know which agent I am talking about and I will be happy to not recommend them
Old May 3rd 2005, 5:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NAC
Thanks Jim, for your support
Originally Posted by NAC
Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou
Originally Posted by NAC
Thanks for your kind words.
Thanks for being gentle with me
Originally Posted by NAC
Thankyou for your lovely words of wisdom
Thankyou thats a lovely thing to say
Boy, I'm not used to reading things like these on this forum... Thank you for being so polite! Wouldn't the world be a much better place with people like you?!

All the best with your application, NAC.

Mrs JTL
Old May 3rd 2005, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Any chance you want to name and shame them??

SS
Old May 3rd 2005, 6:59 pm
NAC
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Any chance you want to name and shame them??

SS
I will happily name and shame them but I want to wait until we safely have our Visa and don't need to have any further contact with them Was doing a bit of a search last night though, and found that someone else was getting some threatening tones from an agent they were complaining about However, surely if you are just stating the facts, which I will also be doing in a letter to them, there's not much they can do
Carolyn
Old May 3rd 2005, 7:02 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NAC
I will happily name and shame them but I want to wait until we safely have our Visa and don't need to have any further contact with them Was doing a bit of a search last night though, and found that someone else was getting some threatening tones from an agent they were complaining about However, surely if you are just stating the facts, which I will also be doing in a letter to them, there's not much they can do
Carolyn
We're in the same boat our meds have been with DIMIA nearly 10 weeks now and due to mistakes by our agent including instructing us to send meds to Adelaide we still haven't got our visa, when cases a month and more behind us have
Old May 3rd 2005, 7:06 pm
NAC
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fraser
We're in the same boat our meds have been with DIMIA nearly 10 weeks now and due to mistakes by our agent including instructing us to send meds to Adelaide we still haven't got our visa, when cases a month and more behind us have

That reminds me of another problem we had with the Agent, who insisted that the GP send our medicals to our Agent! The GP refused saying (rightly) that the meds should be sent directly to Sydney. When I told the Agent this they argued with me/GP for 3 days before finally realising they were wrong and I was told 'the system must have changed'

In your case, like ours, it's such a basic thing. Surely an Agent should know where exactly medicals are to be sent.

Anyway, lets hope we both get good news this week!

Carolyn
Old May 3rd 2005, 7:11 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by NAC
Really just writing this to get things off my chest
We have not been happy with our Agent, really from the beginning but my temper is about to boil over
In summary of the recent problem!
Our Agent had our Visa Application documents from October last year but we had to wait until 5th January this year before they could be lodged due to me not having completed enough hours in my work (nurse). Despite this we got a call from them on New Years Eve saying that we needed A MORE RECENT date on my last Reference as it had been dated during the summer. I was annoyed that they had been sitting on the paperwork all that time and just told me then. As a consequence it was 17th January before our Application was ready to be sent to Adelaide. I know it was only 12 days late but we had already been waiting a year to get it away.
The next thing was to get an e-mail on 14th April asking for more info. Turns out because my Reference wasn't dated after the 5th January they had no proof that I had actually worked the minimum 12 out of the past 18 months.
Maybe I should have picked up on this but having not done this before I didn't think! My point is that surely an Agent who has £2000 of my money should have picked up on this basic point of dates etc.
I have done a bit of research today on Austimeline and for other nurses post July 2004 the longest one has waited for their visa is 3 months 14 days.
We are now on 3 months 17 days and we have STILL not heard.
We are more anxious because we need to be out by September of this year for our Visas to be validated but due to my husbands work we need PR before he can apply for a job and the application process takes at least 6 months.

Rant over and if anyone wants to know who our hopeless Agent is please feel free to PM me

Carolyn
Hi Carolyn,
A good rant always helps and ranting to strangers is even better than someone who is close to you. Sorry to hear that you have been having all these problems. Hopefully this will be the last of it.
I admire how discreet you are, I'd have to tell the whole world if my agent had been s**t. I hope that once your visa is through that you will slate them publically on here.
Best wishes
Sarah
Old May 4th 2005, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Carolyn,
Clear some of your PM messages- your box is full!

Yvonne

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.