Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

So, So ANGRY with our Agent!!

Wikiposts

So, So ANGRY with our Agent!!

Old May 2nd 2005, 9:45 pm
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough
Angry So, So ANGRY with our Agent!!

Really just writing this to get things off my chest
We have not been happy with our Agent, really from the beginning but my temper is about to boil over
In summary of the recent problem!
Our Agent had our Visa Application documents from October last year but we had to wait until 5th January this year before they could be lodged due to me not having completed enough hours in my work (nurse). Despite this we got a call from them on New Years Eve saying that we needed A MORE RECENT date on my last Reference as it had been dated during the summer. I was annoyed that they had been sitting on the paperwork all that time and just told me then. As a consequence it was 17th January before our Application was ready to be sent to Adelaide. I know it was only 12 days late but we had already been waiting a year to get it away.
The next thing was to get an e-mail on 14th April asking for more info. Turns out because my Reference wasn't dated after the 5th January they had no proof that I had actually worked the minimum 12 out of the past 18 months.
Maybe I should have picked up on this but having not done this before I didn't think! My point is that surely an Agent who has £2000 of my money should have picked up on this basic point of dates etc.
I have done a bit of research today on Austimeline and for other nurses post July 2004 the longest one has waited for their visa is 3 months 14 days.
We are now on 3 months 17 days and we have STILL not heard.
We are more anxious because we need to be out by September of this year for our Visas to be validated but due to my husbands work we need PR before he can apply for a job and the application process takes at least 6 months.

Rant over and if anyone wants to know who our hopeless Agent is please feel free to PM me

Carolyn

Last edited by NAC; May 2nd 2005 at 9:55 pm.
Old May 2nd 2005, 9:58 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So, So ANGRY with our Agent!!

Originally Posted by NAC
We have not been happy with our Agent, really from the beginning but my temper is about to boil over
In summary of the recent problem!
Our Agent had our Visa Application documents from October last year but we had to wait until 5th January this year before they could be lodged due to me not having completed enough hours in my work (nurse). Despite this we got a call from them on New Years Eve saying that we needed A MORE RECENT date on my last Reference as it had been dated during the summer. I was annoyed that they had been sitting on the paperwork all that time and just told me then. As a consequence it was 17th January before our Application was ready to be sent to Adelaide. I know it was only 12 days late but we had already been waiting a year to get it away.
The next thing was to get an e-mail on 14th April asking for more info. Turns out because my Reference wasn't dated after the 5th January they had no proof that I had actually worked the minimum 12 out of the past 18 months.
Maybe I should have picked up on this but having not done this before I didn't think! My point is that surely an Agent who has £2000 of my money should have picked up on this basic point of dates etc.
I have done a bit of research today on Austimeline and for other nurses pre July 2004 the longest one has waited for their visa is 3 months 14 days.
We are now on 3 months 17 days and we have STILL not heard.
We are more anxious because we need to be out by September of this year for our Visas to be validated but due to my husbands work we need PR before he can apply for a job and the application process takes at least 6 months.

Rant over and if anyone wants to know who our hopeless Agent is please feel free to PM me

Carolyn
Sometimes you feeling like your banging your head against a wall with these people. My partner and I are going through the same sort of thing with a spouse visa. My girlfriend has been to the doctor 3 times now to get some blood pressure readings, all we want is the readings to be put on a letter head so that we can send our application off. I am desperate to get back to Australia, as Glasgow is starting to piss me off a little. But, these hold ups just seem to make my stay here longer.
Anyway I hope it works out for you.
Jim
Anyway I hope it all works out for you
Old May 2nd 2005, 10:02 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

I've sent you a blue box to help with your woes
Old May 2nd 2005, 10:02 pm
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
Sometimes you feeling like your banging your head against a wall with these people. My partner and I are going through the same sort of thing with a spouse visa. My girlfriend has been to the doctor 3 times now to get some blood pressure readings, all we want is the readings to be put on a letter head so that we can send our application off. I am desperate to get back to Australia, as Glasgow is starting to piss me off a little. But, these hold ups just seem to make my stay here longer.
Anyway I hope it works out for you.
Jim
Anyway I hope it all works out for you
Thanks Jim, for your support
It is just so frustrating and I am really annoyed that they have been paid a lot of money for nothing. We have already complained in writing to them but I really don't think they care to be honest - just interested in the dosh!
Anyway, hope you get back to Aus soon and the buses aren't getting you too down! (read one of your previous posts
Carolyn
Old May 2nd 2005, 10:03 pm
NAC
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fraser
Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou
Old May 2nd 2005, 10:04 pm
jude

judeyoga will become famous soon enoughjudeyoga will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by NAC

Carolyn
Sorry things are so frustrating for you - am intrigued to know who your agent is but am a PM virgin so not really sure what to do!! :scared:

One thing on your e-mail make me perk my ears up though - you mentioned working 12 out of the last 18 months. I am on adoption leave so will have had 11 months off in total - I am still employed but not working - will this affect the application? Sorry I feel a bit selfish asking this when you are so pissed off with everything but it seems like you know what you are talking about.

Hope things turn a corner for you soon
Old May 2nd 2005, 10:08 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NAC
Thanks Jim, for your support
It is just so frustrating and I am really annoyed that they have been paid a lot of money for nothing. We have already complained in writing to them but I really don't think they care to be honest - just interested in the dosh!
Anyway, hope you get back to Aus soon and the buses aren't getting you too down! (read one of your previous posts
Carolyn
Just keep hounding them tell them to get there act together, if you scream loud enough they'll eventually do there job. My girl friend nags me about house work, I do it in the end just to shut her up.........lol
When you recieve your visa, write them a letter stating that you will never recomend them, and if they laugh at you give them the expat link and show them how many people are coming to Oz.
Jim
Old May 2nd 2005, 10:09 pm
NAC
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by judeyoga
Sorry things are so frustrating for you - am intrigued to know who your agent is but am a PM virgin so not really sure what to do!! :scared:

One thing on your e-mail make me perk my ears up though - you mentioned working 12 out of the last 18 months. I am on adoption leave so will have had 11 months off in total - I am still employed but not working - will this affect the application? Sorry I feel a bit selfish asking this when you are so pissed off with everything but it seems like you know what you are talking about.

Hope things turn a corner for you soon
Thanks for your kind words. I have sent you a PM so hope you get it. All you have to do is click on the persons User Name and you will get a list of options.
I think your work thing will be fine as it is allowed leave. I had taken 2 years off for my kids so was 'out of employment'.
Good luck
Carolyn
Old May 2nd 2005, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

jwatsonoz will become famous soon enough

Calm down mate - you'll get it in the end. Meanwhile, I would ask for a token refund from your agent. Maybe a couple of hundred.
Old May 2nd 2005, 10:55 pm
NAC
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jwatsonoz
Calm down mate - you'll get it in the end. Meanwhile, I would ask for a token refund from your agent. Maybe a couple of hundred.

Your only saying that because you're already there
Seriously, thanks for your reply and yes, once we get the visa we will definately by 'requesting' a refund of some money!
Carolyn
Old May 2nd 2005, 11:10 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fraser

show off
Old May 3rd 2005, 12:48 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
show off

I believe I'm worth a 100 points so ................
Old May 3rd 2005, 1:37 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi NAC

I would have sacked the agent at the beginning if you weren't happy with the service you were getting.
How long have you been qualified for?
I am only asking as my Rich qualified in Feb 2003 and has been working ever since as a RN. So he has 2 years job experience so we were 5 points short so he has got himself a job offer with Grenslopes Hospital in Brisbane.

I did our application myself and it has been easy. Just a case of gathering all the paperwork together.

But hang on in there cos you will get your visa soon and when you do NAME & SHAME your agent!

best of luck and will send you some karma
Ang
Old May 3rd 2005, 1:40 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Hi NAC

I would have sacked the agent at the beginning if you weren't happy with the service you were getting.
How long have you been qualified for?
I am only asking as my Rich qualified in Feb 2003 and has been working ever since as a RN. So he has 2 years job experience so we were 5 points short so he has got himself a job offer with Grenslopes Hospital in Brisbane.

I did our application myself and it has been easy. Just a case of gathering all the paperwork together.

But hang on in there cos you will get your visa soon and when you do NAME & SHAME your agent!

best of luck and will send you some karma
Ang
Yep, my first agent totally cocked up our TRA and i suspected this would be the case but i didnt go with my instincts and sack them when i started having doubts - BIG mistake. now got to start all over with new agent. you live and learn (and lose a lot in money in the process)
Old May 3rd 2005, 2:59 am
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

Originally Posted by NAC
I know it was only 12 days late but we had already been waiting a year to get it away.
Carolyn
I know how you feel. Our agent had our application from early January awaiting a positive TRA assessment. We got that on 1st of Feb and the agent said it would be posted by the 4th. We then get an email stating that it had been sent on the 17th. I questioned why it had taken so long to post it off and they said it was a mistake in their email system and it had actually been posted on the 7th.
We got an acknowldgement from DIMIA on 25th saying they received it on the 24th. How did they send it then, by carrier pigeon! We feel someone has lied to us and are waiting 'til we've got our visa before filling in their customer satisafction survey. I will PM you for the agents name and let you know who ours is. Hopefully you will hear soon. I'm hoping we are only a few weeks away from hearing as we want to be there by the 24th June, fat chance!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.