So Much Junk

Old Apr 5th 2004, 11:35 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default So Much Junk

We're off in 4 weeks so we done a boot-fair on Saturday...got over £100 for a pile of junk.

But upon looking around the house and sheds etc, I find that loads more stuff has appeared....I swear its coming up through the ground or something..?

A lot of it is too good to chuck, but not worth taking. No doubt many of you have/had this little dilemma.........
Old Apr 5th 2004, 11:45 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Chippy,
have you seen the 'wish we had....'thread. If theres room , bring it! At this stage you just feel like getting rid of everything so its all out the way and sorted but time after time people say bring everything....personally we ignored this advice and regret it already
Old Apr 5th 2004, 12:04 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by mcmercer
Chippy,
have you seen the 'wish we had....'thread. If theres room , bring it! At this stage you just feel like getting rid of everything so its all out the way and sorted but time after time people say bring everything....personally we ignored this advice and regret it already

I read what you said here very carefully, and thought hmm....maybe he's right about this. But as I write, I've changed my mind back already....

I've got an overwelming voice in my head that says,"this is a new start, new country, new everything. So just dump the bleedin lot and start over."
Old Apr 5th 2004, 12:08 pm
Account Closed

Lol, we did exactly the same so dont blame you
By the way I'm a she
Old Apr 5th 2004, 12:11 pm
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by chippy
I read what you said here very carefully, and thought hmm....maybe he's right about this. But as I write, I've changed my mind back already....

I've got an overwelming voice in my head that says,"this is a new start, new country, new everything. So just dump the bleedin lot and start over."
He's a she! And she's right. Think how many years its taken to accumulate your junk and how much it cost. We had to dump a lot of stuff because we didn't have time to clean it properly, but Jim's regretting it already.

You'll have enough to worry about when you come without having to sort out where to buy stuff you could have brought with you. And some stuff here is expensive. Bring your hoover because a new one will set you back 100s.

Jane
Old Apr 5th 2004, 12:13 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, but... but..... It's soooooo expensive when you have to start all over!!!!

And, in Oz you'll probably have a bigger house, so need more to fill it!!!

And, in the beginning, you'll rush around buying stuff you need, and because you don't know your way around etc, you'll buy stuff that you regret later!!

I'm all for taking EVERYTHING!! After listening to my parents who made the same mistake, and also LOTS (actually, everybody!) on here who says they regret starting over, or are very happy they took everything!

Pleasseeeee think about it again I hate seeing people make stupid mistakes
Old Apr 5th 2004, 12:44 pm
I'm lovin' it

Originally posted by Simone82

Pleasseeeee think about it again I hate seeing people make stupid mistakes

Thinking.......
Thinking............
Thinking................
Thinking...................

No its not working, everythings' got to go, apart from (according to my calculations) 3 cubic metres of personal items etc. Please feel free to tell me "you told me so" at a later date.

mcmercer:so sorry about the gender mix up.
Old Apr 5th 2004, 12:47 pm
ABCDiamond

Bring your lawn mower too !! The grass grows quickly...

Old Apr 5th 2004, 12:50 pm
Account Closed

No probs Chippy, my username seems to be read as mr mercer a lot

ABC,... and lawnmowers are v.expensive here (can almost hear our grass growing again in this rain )
Old Apr 5th 2004, 12:50 pm
I'm lovin' it

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Isn't the grass a bit too tough for our mowers?
Old Apr 5th 2004, 12:51 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
not here! I havn't got any, its dust!!

BRING IT ALLL it cost a fortune when you add up all those "little bits of junk":lecture:

good luck with the sorting
Old Apr 5th 2004, 1:01 pm
I'm lovin' it

Originally posted by hevs
BRING IT ALLL it cost a fortune when you add up all those "little bits of junk":lecture:

good luck with the sorting
Blimey! I well out numbered here!
Old Apr 5th 2004, 1:03 pm
WBB

Blimey! I well out numbered here!
i am with you chipmeister, i am trying to convince miss WBB that we do not need the ornaments and bric a brac in aussie.

new country, new life.

Old Apr 5th 2004, 1:04 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by mcmercer
No probs Chippy, my username seems to be read as mr mercer a lot

ABC,... and lawnmowers are v.expensive here (can almost hear our grass growing again in this rain )
I can't remember how much they are in the UK, but I'd like to get one of the electric scissor cut lawnmowers, much better cut than the common rotary ones that we have here.

I think our 4 stroke rotary was about $450 (from Bunnings), but i've seen a lovely scissor cut one for $1,800 !!

Old Apr 5th 2004, 1:08 pm
Account Closed

[ but i've seen a lovely scissor cut one for $1,800 !! [/QUOTE]

ABC, you must have a lot of grass

Chippy,
wish I could show you a pic of our empty house ...and we seem to have bought loads and loads....and spent loads and loads and loads:scared:

It does seem to be one thing theres a concensus on here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.