British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   So much going on, need advice (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/so-much-going-need-advice-708889/)

rackcatt Mar 11th 2011 12:05 pm

So much going on, need advice

Hi guys

Got our visa, our house completes in two weeks.
Sadly not for the money we had planned for, but decided to it was best to take offer than maybe not sell it..
So we were going to live with family, until after summer, then head to Melbourne in Sept ?
Was staying here to let kids finish school, my college, have summer here etc etc..
Hubby is working a 60 hour week for £17, 000 a year, was made laid off in November had to put food on table. But today he has got a call to work in Wales, new job, very good money.
Except I need to stay here, with his family and he comes home at weekends. :thumbdown:
Happy to stay with his family, but feel really sad about him being away...
Really it is to try and get more money for OZ this extra money in 3 months will pay flights and container..
Or and this is the big question!!!! Do we just go now ?, book flights and head out, but container not even booked !!!
Or accept that this job will give a bit extra money for our move and stay...
Any thoughts guys ???xx

eddie007 Mar 11th 2011 12:10 pm

Re: So much going on, need advice

Originally Posted by rackcatt (Post 9232695)
Hi guys

Got our visa, our house completes in two weeks.
Sadly not for the money we had planned for, but decided to it was best to take offer than maybe not sell it..
So we were going to live with family, until after summer, then head to Melbourne in Sept ?
Was staying here to let kids finish school, my college, have summer here etc etc..
Hubby is working a 60 hour week for £17, 000 a year, was made laid off in November had to put food on table. But today he has got a call to work in Wales, new job, very good money.
Except I need to stay here, with his family and he comes home at weekends. :thumbdown:
Happy to stay with his family, but feel really sad about him being away...
Really it is to try and get more money for OZ this extra money in 3 months will pay flights and container..
Or and this is the big question!!!! Do we just go now ?, book flights and head out, but container not even booked !!!
Or accept that this job will give a bit extra money for our move and stay...
Any thoughts guys ???xx

Take the money... And save it for a box to send yer stuff over in...

irishbloo Mar 11th 2011 12:50 pm

Three months will fly.Do you get on with his family.If you do than it wont be too bad.Save as much money as you can.Australia will still be here.

eddie007 Mar 11th 2011 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by irishbloo (Post 9232778)
Three months will fly.Do you get on with his family.If you do than it wont be too bad.Save as much money as you can.Australia will still be here.

Not according aston it wont, it'll all be over by next friday....

Save save save save save, you'll be glad you did when you get here

rackcatt Mar 11th 2011 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by irishbloo (Post 9232778)

Yeah get on with his family, but im wondering maybe we should go with him and see how we feel being away from family etc..
Just priced basic hotel for him , flights, food, car parking at airport. £1600 a month !! but will still have couple grand left over a month after this outgoing..
I will still have food, petrol and a lot of it cause i now have a 70 mile trip a day between where his family lives and school..plus gas / elec etc..

Maybe we should all go...

rackcatt Mar 11th 2011 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by eddie007 (Post 9232787)

Whats Aston??:huh:

eddie007 Mar 11th 2011 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by rackcatt (Post 9232800)
Whats Aston??:huh:

aston is the orafice... Sorry oracle.... Greek version of Apollo (or was that Adonis?) who predicts the furture by speaking to the gods of BE ( or was that BS???)

rackcatt Mar 11th 2011 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by eddie007 (Post 9232815)
aston is the orafice... Sorry oracle.... Greek version of Apollo (or was that Adonis?) who predicts the furture by speaking to the gods of BE ( or was that BS???)

LOL :rofl:

irishbloo Mar 11th 2011 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by eddie007 (Post 9232787)

Next Friday.:eek:Mind you we get Paddys day in the day before.:thumbsup:

irishbloo Mar 11th 2011 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by rackcatt (Post 9232795)
Yeah get on with his family, but im wondering maybe we should go with him and see how we feel being away from family etc..
Just priced basic hotel for him , flights, food, car parking at airport. £1600 a month !! but will still have couple grand left over a month after this outgoing..
I will still have food, petrol and a lot of it cause i now have a 70 mile trip a day between where his family lives and school..plus gas / elec etc..

Maybe we should all go...

Where is he going too.

rackcatt Mar 11th 2011 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by irishbloo (Post 9232834)
Where is he going too.

Newport south wales...

hmunker Mar 11th 2011 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by rackcatt (Post 9232836)
Newport south wales...

Close to where I live............Get some money saved for the trip later I thinks

rackcatt Mar 11th 2011 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by hmunker (Post 9232888)
Close to where I live............Get some money saved for the trip later I thinks

Really.... ok any advice on where to live or areas to avoid ???xxx