Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

So many offers!!

So many offers!!

Old Aug 12th 2004, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

philip&claire is an unknown quantity at this point
Default So many offers!!

Oh My God....since my post this morning to tell you all that our 1st viewer had offered full asking price on the house. We've had 2 couples knock our door, last couple knocked at 9.30pm, to say they like the lay-out of the house & will be offering full asking price at the estate agents tomorrow morning...without even viewing the house, both couples have no chain :scared:

The one couple needs to be out of their house by 11 September, just 4 weeks time OMG!!!!

What happens when several, or in our case, 3 couples, are offering you full asking price??

Have tried to get very pi**ed tonight celebrating, but can't do it!
Emotions are running very high at the moment

philip&claire
X
Old Aug 12th 2004, 9:58 pm
CON
Banned

CON is on a distinguished road
Default Re: So many offers!!

Originally Posted by philip&claire
What happens when several, or in our case, 3 couples, are offering you full asking price??
Sounds like you have an auction on your hands you lucky thing.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 10:00 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

P&C

First repeat after me "We are jammy buggers" then have another drink

Secondly sell to all 3 with exchange of contracts on the same day....and run like hell with the dosh
Old Aug 12th 2004, 10:04 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bix
P&C

Secondly sell to all 3 with exchange of contracts on the same day....and run like hell with the dosh

I just LOVE your thinking.....
Old Aug 12th 2004, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

philip&claire is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bix
P&C

Hey we must be on the same wavelength, that exactly what we thought

Cheers
p&c
x
Old Aug 12th 2004, 10:07 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

That's fantastic - Aus here you come
Old Aug 12th 2004, 10:09 pm
CON
Banned

CON is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Bix
P&C

Great idea.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

Goochc0 is an unknown quantity at this point

So jealous - Our property is in final stages of prep to go on market in two weeks time.

I work in property game so will offer a bit of free advice.

You can either choose the person in the best position - ie the one that suits your needs (Moving in 4 weeks might be too soon for you - depends on your circumstances)

Or you can go to best and final offers - this is where all parties are invited to put forward their best and final offer and then you look through details and choose offer that suits you best. (not always highest offer- many other factors to be taken into consideration)

There is always the choice of a contract race - ie the first people to exchange contract will get the property - this option is not used very often as it can get a bit ugly.

Just remember - find out as much info as possible about the people offering - do they have mortgage sorted out or are they cash buyers, do they have their solicitor on stand by is their house sold etc etc etc. These all have to be taken into consideration when decising.

Fingers crossed we end up in same position as you in a couple of weeks time.

Good luck
Old Aug 13th 2004, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

bonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant future

Wow,thats fab I have some friends in the uk and have had there visa since April,but cant do anything yet as the house is still on the market So good on ya
Tasha
Old Aug 13th 2004, 6:59 am
Go Banana's !!

Oh My God....since my post this morning to tell you all that our 1st viewer had offered full asking price on the house. We've had 2 couples knock our door, last couple knocked at 9.30pm, to say they like the lay-out of the house & will be offering full asking price at the estate agents tomorrow morning...without even viewing the house, both couples have no chain :scared:

The one couple needs to be out of their house by 11 September, just 4 weeks time OMG!!!!

philip&claire
X

I'm not jealous one bit.........

No seriously, I am really pleased for anyone who gets to this stage at this difficult time in the market with all the bad press around.

Well done and I hope it goes through smoothly.

Warren

Old Aug 13th 2004, 7:59 am
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

philip&claire
X
Brilliant News!!! Good luck for the future.
'Sold Boards' are also beginning to appear again in our neck of the woods - but not outside our place yet!!
ENVY>>>>>ENVY>>>>>!!!!!!