Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

So I land in Australia, what happens next? :)

So I land in Australia, what happens next? :)

Old Jun 7th 2010, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of
Default Re: So I land in Australia, what happens next? :)

Originally Posted by Pommiebird
You will fill minging and knackered....to what happens next........Thats your choice but theres far more opportunitys here than the UK
Like this one. Short and sweet and what I need to hear. I count myself very lucky to have the opportunity, thing that makes me anxious is that I`ll be leaving a damn good job behind...

Cant have it all I guess..
Old Jun 7th 2010, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by brisbec
that feeling of OMG i'm here thank god..all is well ..... unbelievable.........howver......i'm in law enforcement and i have watched more than my fair share of "Border Patrol". On my last night shift before flying out to Brisbane - 2 days before i got on the plane.....i had the honour of transporting approx 20kgs of cannabis!!!!!!!
Now i know you're going to say" oh well it's on your work clothes" but after watching the ole telly, i was a bit apprehensive...............
Anyhoo, i've been to Aus 5-6 times and never been stopped at immigration....and i wasn't this time either........
Never been stopped yet but who knows

To the OP.........whenever I land...... i think i'm home.........and its all good until some bugger charges me for the rail fare to Cannon Hill!!!!!!!
mmmmmmmm.... Dont think I could be trusted with 20kg`s of cannabis...

Infact, I wouldn`t be seen for weeks....
Old Jun 8th 2010, 1:45 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry if I've missed it - but where will you be landing?

I came into Melbourne. It was the seventh time I had done so but this time it was for good (assuming that they let me in of course!) I was kind of used to the journey by then but tired, yes!

I was really crapping myself incase it went wrong. Doesn't really matter if you are just out for a visit but when you have sold the house, left work and cut lots of ties, it would be rather horrible if something fouled up. But it won't.

The customs man who checked my passport looked up at me and said, "Welcome to Australia." And the best thing? He really meant it. That was a magic moment.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Sorry if I've missed it - but where will you be landing?

I came into Melbourne. It was the seventh time I had done so but this time it was for good (assuming that they let me in of course!) I was kind of used to the journey by then but tired, yes!

I was really crapping myself incase it went wrong. Doesn't really matter if you are just out for a visit but when you have sold the house, left work and cut lots of ties, it would be rather horrible if something fouled up. But it won't.

The customs man who checked my passport looked up at me and said, "Welcome to Australia." And the best thing? He really meant it. That was a magic moment.

Thats powerful, reading "Welcome to ......" made all the hairs stand up...

That sums it up beautifully. I`ll be landing in Brissy around mid September, assuming they let me in too! but have a reasonable amount of weight behind our spouse visa so I am not even considering the "No" option..

Bring it on!
Old Jun 8th 2010, 8:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

So I land in Australia, what happens next?

You give Karma to all those that helped you get there!
Old Jun 8th 2010, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alfresco
So I land in Australia, what happens next?

You give Karma to all those that helped you get there!
DONE!!!
Old Jun 8th 2010, 9:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
We were kind of expecting something like that. But got some grumpy missus who barely looked at us and didn't say a word. My husband still thinks there has been a clerical error as they did not look at the visa label page.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 9:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 7immyboy
DONE!!!
Ta!
Old Jun 9th 2010, 12:13 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

:[/QUOTE]

You need a "get on with it " attitude to survive here.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mindblower
:
You need a "get on with it " attitude to survive here.[/QUOTE]

Thanks mate, I defo got that, I cannot sit still & havn`t done for some time, always so much to do , a love hate thing but wouldnt change myself for the world.