Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

So I emigrate to Perth.....and they give me my own Radio Show!

So I emigrate to Perth.....and they give me my own Radio Show!

Old Dec 15th 2005, 1:47 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough
Default So I emigrate to Perth.....and they give me my own Radio Show!

Wow! What a country! A land of opportunities, or what!

I heard an advert on a local station saying that they were looking for new presenters, so best foot forward and one audition later, and I'm in!

It's only a community station, but it's heard all over Perth on 102.5FM and they're looking at changing the format. So every Friday night I'm doing a 4 hour show. 2 hours of Party, Disco and Club Classics from 10pm until midnight, then 2 hours of Rock and Roll from midnight until 2am. I start tomorrow night so I'm dusting off the old 45's today and trying to find my flares to get into the mood.

Now, where did I put my medallion?.......

Steve.
Old Dec 15th 2005, 1:53 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: So I emigrate to Perth.....and they give me my own Radio Show!

Originally Posted by SteveBannister

I heard an advert on a local station saying that they were looking for new presenters, so best foot forward and one audition later, and I'm in!

It's only a community station, but it's heard all over Perth on 102.5FM and they're looking at changing the format. So every Friday night I'm doing a 4 hour show. 2 hours of Party, Disco and Club Classics from 10pm until midnight, then 2 hours of Rock and Roll from midnight until 2am. I start tomorrow night so I'm dusting off the old 45's today and trying to find my flares to get into the mood.

Steve.

Well done steve, Keep moving and groving
we will listen out for you when we visit January.

Di
Old Dec 15th 2005, 2:24 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Steve, what a cool job,sounds great!

Have fun.

Donna.
Old Dec 15th 2005, 3:32 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Steve.
Wow, that is brilliant, Sounds like a dream job!
Well Done!
Old Dec 15th 2005, 3:41 am
Grumpy Old Woman!!

Moody Cow is a jewel in the roughMoody Cow is a jewel in the roughMoody Cow is a jewel in the roughMoody Cow is a jewel in the roughMoody Cow is a jewel in the rough

Steve.
That sounds like an awesome mix but, like all good Perth folks, I'm tucked up in bed way before then!!

Rock on!

MC
Old Dec 15th 2005, 4:03 am
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Steve!!

Good to know that you're making an impression out West..

All sounds good
Old Dec 15th 2005, 6:18 am
been there........

TheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud of

That's absolutely fantastic, Steve! I, for one, will be "all ears" tomorrow night
Best of (Aussie) luck!
Old Dec 15th 2005, 8:34 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Moody Cow
That sounds like an awesome mix but, like all good Perth folks, I'm tucked up in bed way before then!!

Rock on!

MC

Lol..Cup of Ovaltine and a choccie biscuit?!

Thanks anyway,

Steve.
Old Dec 15th 2005, 8:42 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Steve.
Good luck to ya mate, I used to do a show for hospital radio in cardiff wales on sundays afternoons was a blast many ears ago. Mind you, youd have to watch what tunes you played seeing as most of the listeners were hospital patients. I wasnt allowed to play "only women bleed" or "leader of the pack" (the later for the motor bike crash part for any crash victims in hospital)

Have you had any radio experience steve or dj experience at all, or just a musical interest ? I have extensive knowledge of 70's, early 80's music, after that Im shite, but if you are stuck for tunes for a playlist, lemme know, I'll give ya a few
Have fun
Old Dec 15th 2005, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Steve.
Wow, fantastic news - well done you
Old Dec 15th 2005, 9:14 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Spin those wheels of steel Stevie lad ...

But please remember ...

Everyone goes to bed at 8pm in WA ...

Steve.
Old Dec 15th 2005, 9:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Good luck to ya mate, I used to do a show for hospital radio in cardiff wales on sundays afternoons was a blast many ears ago. Mind you, youd have to watch what tunes you played seeing as most of the listeners were hospital patients. I wasnt allowed to play "only women bleed" or "leader of the pack" (the later for the motor bike crash part for any crash victims in hospital)

Have you had any radio experience steve or dj experience at all, or just a musical interest ? I have extensive knowledge of 70's, early 80's music, after that Im shite, but if you are stuck for tunes for a playlist, lemme know, I'll give ya a few
Have fun
Congrats and all the best, hope you 'break a leg' as they say when wishing good luck. If you want to know anything about 70's and 80's Aussie music just ask - I'm your boy for that.

OzTennis
Old Dec 15th 2005, 10:08 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Are you broadcasting on the net ...?!

Best regards.
Old Dec 15th 2005, 10:09 am
I Know What's Going On!

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath

Have fun
Lol...Hospital Radio! I did two shows a week for 8 years in Hemel Hempstead, it was crazy all the songs you couldn't play.

Thanks for your words, yes I have got some experience, I started 22 years ago working for Hospital Radio, as well as 13 years in mobile and club work, including a trip to South Africa, where I still enjoyed the mobile work and also got a job for a year in commercial radio.

I've had a break from it for a few years but can't wait to get back behind the mic! Gonna have a LOT of fun!

Steve.
Old Dec 15th 2005, 10:12 am
I Know What's Going On!

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Are you broadcasting on the net ...?!

Best regards.
Hi Alan, how are you? Hope you're well!

No, unfortunately they don't broadcast on the net. It's only a small community station trying to expand a bit, but money is a bit tight as they are all volunteers. Still going to be a laugh, though.

Steve.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.