So Happy

Old Aug 7th 2003, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default So Happy

Hi Everyone
Yes thats right so happy, everything is going well, boys have settled in school, hubbie starts his training for a gas fitter in a weeks time, once he gets that licence work will follow. Just thinking to myself tonight I am so lucky to be here, on 20 August it's also our wedding anniversary, 20 years!!!!!! what a humbling thought!!!

good luck to everyone coming here, don't have reservations, just try it.

sorry no negative thoughts at the moment, maybe they will come I dont know,

c-ya Yve
Old Aug 7th 2003, 1:11 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

So pleased everything is going well for you; bet you are going to celebrate the anniversary in style!
I was starting to get a bit jittery cos so many posts were negative, but a couple of positive ones like yours have done me a lot of good! Can't wait to get out there now....!!!
Old Aug 7th 2003, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

I know what you mean Pollyanna, about the second thoughts.
Really pleased that all is going well with you Abergas. Keep us posted, good or bad. Its nice to read something about your everyday life instead of the ramblings on from our Perth arse end of the planet PB.

Whisky
Old Aug 7th 2003, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Yve

could you give us a positive post once a week just to keep us soon to be aussies going, we are in danger of being worn down!

Glad its all working out for you, see you in December

Lynn
Old Aug 7th 2003, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Yve

Good to see your still posting on here. Hope Daves training goes ok.

Keep us posted on any news

Love and Best wishes to you all

Tracie & Family
Old Aug 7th 2003, 4:27 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: So Happy

Originally posted by abergas
Hi Everyone
Yes thats right so happy, everything is going well, boys have settled in school, hubbie starts his training for a gas fitter in a weeks time, once he gets that licence work will follow. Just thinking to myself tonight I am so lucky to be here, on 20 August it's also our wedding anniversary, 20 years!!!!!! what a humbling thought!!!

c-ya Yve
Great to hear you're all happy - and thanks for the timely reminder about anniversaries, our's is due any time now. Whew! Remembered in time. Problem is I can never remember if it's the 12th or 14th. All I do know is, it's the same day as my wife's birthday. Doesn't help too much though (sigh!). Better go through the files again.
Old Aug 7th 2003, 5:42 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like we'd better keep an eye on this site then...... unless Don recovers his memory we could see Mrs Don doing an online disemboweling!
Old Aug 7th 2003, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Great to hear from you Yve,

You have really cheered us up with your cheery comments. I really hope you stay positive and keep posting!!
Old Aug 7th 2003, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

malx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default goood to hear it

Hi there,glad to hear you are settling in well, got a question for you though, was your hubby a qualified gas fitter in the UK, Corgi reg and all that or is he doing his training from scratch in OZ.

I'm a gas fitter in the UK, just curious to see how they compare with us for qualifications as we're going to be heading for Brisbane.

Good luck to you
Malx
Old Aug 7th 2003, 7:14 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by abergas
Hi Everyone

c-ya Yve
Mrs Chippy managed to catch me on Aug 11th many years ago now. We will be spending a long weekend up town to celebrate.
This time next year we will no doubt be celebrating in Aus.
Old Aug 7th 2003, 7:40 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Great to hear you're all happy - and thanks for the timely reminder about anniversaries, our's is due any time now. Whew! Remembered in time. Problem is I can never remember if it's the 12th or 14th. All I do know is, it's the same day as my wife's birthday. Doesn't help too much though (sigh!). Better go through the files again.
Here's reality any girls out there! I always try to make a big thing about not remembering the right day. 'Whoops! Mr Silly! Is it 12th or 14th?' Etc. Sometimes I kid my wife I know it's the 12th and sometimes I kid her I know it's the 14th. Big joke all round. Great disguise.

Reality of course is I do not have a clue which day we got married and it probably was the 13th. Well it was in the first half of August. Probably.

Here's a helpful hint to avoid marital strife. Prepare your husband a big wedding photo, display it prominently and WRITE THE DATE on it for historical purrposes.

Hope I've helped!
Old Aug 7th 2003, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

yve

My daughter has just asked me where Port Kennedy is as she saw it as your address at the top of the page. I told her to have a look on the map, but now neither of us can find it. Is it North or South of Perth?
Sorry, hope you don't mind, it is only because we are going WA and are interested in places.
Thanks

Whisky & Water
Old Aug 7th 2003, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Is it North or South of Perth?

Port Kennedy is South of Perth, next to warnbro, near Rockingham, just before Mandurah.

Yve
Old Aug 7th 2003, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: goood to hear it

Originally posted by malx
Hi there,glad to hear you are settling in well, got a question for you though, was your hubby a qualified gas fitter in the UK, Corgi reg and all that or is he doing his training from scratch in OZ.

I'm a gas fitter in the UK, just curious to see how they compare with us for qualifications as we're going to be heading for Brisbane.

Good luck to you
Malx
In WA, my hubbie has to do a course refresher I suspose to learn about aussie way of doing things, it is broken up into different stages, they tell you what courses you need to do, my hubbie is down for Gas 1, 8 full days, Gas legistlation 1/2 day. Gas 2, 10 days, gas servicing , 5 days. He has been a gas fitter in the Uk since he left school, corgi reg also, just has to prove himself I think, some courses are spread out, but this one follows on for 5 weeks, better to do it in one stretch,
When you get info Oz, find out about the courses straight away, as we just missed one when we first arrived in may, had to wait until 19 August to get on a course, luckily we had enough money to wait, but others may not so be warned.

hope this helps
yve
Old Aug 8th 2003, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: goood to hear it

Hi everyone
thanks for replies, glad I cheered alot of you up!

The thing is you have down days wherever you are UK/Australia, one day things get you down, others they don't, so what can you lose, by being positive keeps moral up for the whole family, harder if you have kids, you don't want to show them how bad you may be feeling at any age, remember we have teenagers!!! I was expecting much more trauma's but they have excelled themselves, still have alot to look forward too, they can't wait to use the pool, today it's a non pupil day so they are off school, choices, swimming pool 15 mins walk, beach 10 mins, cycle path along coast, cinemas, bowling, skatepark, never had this much choice in the UK so close too, now can you see why we chose Port Kennedy! some may say i am still in the holiday mood, but i would disagree (at the moment any) we are leaving all the tourists bit for when people come, careful with the money, but all these things are on our doorstep forever. not just 2 weeks.

thanks again
Yve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.