Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

So Frustrating!!!!!

So Frustrating!!!!!

Old Dec 18th 2006, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

JulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of light
Default So Frustrating!!!!!

We had our case officer assigned on 11th October and submitted our meds and police checks on 10th November. I have chased up what is happening and have just found out that the case officer has been on holiday since 11th December and won't be back until 2nd January so nothing will happen until after then!

We are going to Australia on 2nd Feb to activate the visa (it's a 136 MODL) and I'm now beginning to worry it won't come through on time. Our application was acknowledged on 21st April and it has taken soooooo long - I could scream!

Has it taken this long for anybody else?

Jules
Old Dec 18th 2006, 5:15 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So Frustrating!!!!!

Originally Posted by JulesM
We had our case officer assigned on 11th October and submitted our meds and police checks on 10th November. I have chased up what is happening and have just found out that the case officer has been on holiday since 11th December and won't be back until 2nd January so nothing will happen until after then!

We are going to Australia on 2nd Feb to activate the visa (it's a 136 MODL) and I'm now beginning to worry it won't come through on time. Our application was acknowledged on 21st April and it has taken soooooo long - I could scream!

Jules
You can check other people's timelines for getting the visa here: http://www.austimeline.com/

What on earth possessed you to book a validation trip without having the visa first?! Talk about putting the cart before the horse ...

Gina
Old Dec 18th 2006, 5:18 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Jules

I am sure as soon as she comes back you will get your visa.....as soon as you get the acknowledgent of the visa grant it literally takes 3 days to get you passports to London and back.

We validate on the 5th Febraury........I cannot believe it's come round so quick..i am sooooo excited now
Old Dec 18th 2006, 5:19 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK
You can check other people's timelines for getting the visa here: http://www.austimeline.com/

What on earth possessed you to book a validation trip without having the visa first?! Talk about putting the cart before the horse ...

Gina
We did
Old Dec 18th 2006, 6:08 pm
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Issie
We did
We did aswell, but it was a close run thing, i would not do it again!
Old Dec 18th 2006, 6:23 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Jules
You'll be lucky. By the time the grant letter comes they still have to notify London and then your passports need to be sent there. With 30 days after the return of the case officer, personally I'd be thinking about checking I can reschedule my flights.....
Old Dec 18th 2006, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

If its any consolation I flew out in March with Singapore Airlines and changed my flights a week before I flew (took small person with me too). They were fantastic and changed the flights without anyproblem or costs!

Lindsey