So confused!!!

Old Feb 11th 2005, 1:19 am
Just Joined

Miss Katie is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile So confused!!!

Hi everyone!

I have been floating around this forum for a while but this will be my first post and it might be a bit long so bear with me! Not even sure where to start but here goes.....

3 years ago I went off to Sydney to study, on my own, no family no friends out there after having been through some difficult times in London (who hasn't?) and had really had enough of being in England (was born in Canada but will get to that later) first 6 months or so were very strange but struggled on and got my degree ignoring all the times I wanted to get on the plane home and eventually I fell in love with Sydney hook line and sinker ! Anyhow stayed on a WHV after that for another year or so and due to some immigration cock-ups (surely not!!) was unable to apply for the graduate skilled visa, and due to my skills (photography/digital imaging) was unable to secure a job to get sponsorship. So visa is up last april and dont know what to do, while I was in Sydney my family (m+d and bro) all moved back to Calgary where I was born.

long story short after much discussion, well, basically my family and everyone telling me to come to calgary, 'you'll get a job really quick', 'you'll make tonnes of friends etc etc' 'it'll be fine' etc etc, I thought that they were probably right. NOOOO!!!!!!! 2 months to get a job (couldn't even get a bar job with 2 years exp.!!!!) here still living with my parents 9 months on as the wages here are ridiculous, and I cried all the way from L.A. airport to Calgary coz as soon as I hit north american soil I know I'd made a terrible mistake!

No intention of ever going back to live perm. in the UK, once I had left I knew that was it. So basically my problem is how the hell do I get back to Sydney, apparently 2 degrees and native english plus work exp. is not enough! I miss it soooooooo terribly cant stand living here the weather alone is enough to make me cry on a regular basis (try snow in may or -35, joy). Saving up to go travelling to and head back down to Sydney then over to NZ to see what happens, fearful of going back in case it makes me feel worse than I already do!! I know I am lucky to already have dual citizenship, some people would kill for it but I spend every day wishing I was somwhere else.

Need to get this off my chest, dont even know what questions to ask anymore, Any miracle cures for the 'wanting to go back to Oz' disease?

So, um, I am in a mess! Any help/advice/ear bashing if anyone has been in a similiar situation, i dont know how to fix this!

(apologies for rambling on but all neccessary info )
Old Feb 11th 2005, 1:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So confused!!!

Welcome

I'm sure you will get lots of advice.

Go with your heart - as they say 'anything is possible' you know what you want so go with it. Life is one big challenge after another, its whether you take those challenges or just hang in there!

Hope you come to some conclusion that suits you.

Good luck

da boss
Old Feb 11th 2005, 3:03 am
Just Joined

waustralish is on a distinguished road

HI there

Don't stand still thinking about the what if's just go with whats in your heart.

It might not always make any sense at the time but usually things happen for a reason.

Try asking a few questions on the immigration site on the best way to go back to Oz.

Good Luck DONT lose sight of your dreams
Old Feb 11th 2005, 3:19 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by waustralish
HI there

Don't stand still thinking about the what if's just go with whats in your heart.

It might not always make any sense at the time but usually things happen for a reason.

Try asking a few questions on the immigration site on the best way to go back to Oz.

Good Luck DONT lose sight of your dreams
Trying hard not to lose sight of the dream but seems just out of my reach .........for now....

Thanks for reminding me to cross post it! Meant to do that to begin with, doh!!!

Last edited by Miss Katie; Feb 11th 2005 at 4:57 am.
Old Feb 11th 2005, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

blairwitch is an unknown quantity at this point

Head to Banff, listen to the accent, and you'll change your mind about wanting to be in Australia!
Old Feb 11th 2005, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

blairwitch is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wanted to add, I am Australian, and was just kidding, before someone bites my head off!
Old Feb 11th 2005, 4:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by blairwitch
Head to Banff, listen to the accent, and you'll change your mind about wanting to be in Australia!

Oh my god!!! did that not so long ago and met some guys from the Gold Coast and JESUS!!!! Scared the shit out of me, it was all I could do not to piss myself laughing! It was so strong, funny the things you dont notice when you are right in the thick of it.