Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

SO CLOSE I CAN SMELL IT!

SO CLOSE I CAN SMELL IT!

Old Sep 8th 2008, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

jamieffi is just really nicejamieffi is just really nicejamieffi is just really nicejamieffi is just really nicejamieffi is just really nicejamieffi is just really nicejamieffi is just really nicejamieffi is just really nice
Default SO CLOSE I CAN SMELL IT!

Oh my God our visa has finally arrived and now the nerves have set in! But have house to sell and with market so bad feels like we have another hurdle to get over! It feels that we've been going through this for years! I know everyone is in the same boat but should it really take this long? Whos in the same situation and for how long?
Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future
Default Re: SO CLOSE I CAN SMELL IT!

Originally Posted by jamieffi
Oh my God our visa has finally arrived and now the nerves have set in! But have house to sell and with market so bad feels like we have another hurdle to get over! It feels that we've been going through this for years! I know everyone is in the same boat but should it really take this long? Whos in the same situation and for how long?
We are, we started this whole process Jan 07, and house still not sold, and to top it off I lost my job two weeks ago, we havent had a viewer in over a year and have reduced our price by 30k!

gill
Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

jamieffi is just really nicejamieffi is just really nicejamieffi is just really nicejamieffi is just really nicejamieffi is just really nicejamieffi is just really nicejamieffi is just really nicejamieffi is just really nice

Sorry to hear about ya job! thinking about knocking the price down as well! anything to get to aus hey
Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

bu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of light

us also, been applying for 18 months, had medical tests last week. Only police checks left (this week) How long now? anybody know?
house been on market for 4 months had 13 viewers and one offer of 75 grand less than asking price! Have already reduced it by 45 grand. Buyers now seem to think that they can take the piss, i'd rather rent as we've only got a small mortgage. We are getting fed up with constantly having to tidy up ready for viewers, not that were scruffy but you know what i mean.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 10:37 pm
Banned

techieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant future

Knock the price down and don't let greed get in the way of your dream.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Yeah same here! Just nosey gits at the moment just turning up for a look around then go and we never hear off them again! I've lost track of time on how long we've been trying to get out there, couple of years now i think! Been there a few times on holiday as well and had a really good taste of it, which makes the wait that much worse! We'll get there i'm sure!
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

we've had our house up for sale since last september so a year now! we've knocked £20,000 off and it looks like we'll be getting our visa in the next month or so.

We havent decided what we'll do about the house yet, whether we'll rent it out or if we'll stay and wait for it to sell... we just don't know
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Oliveoil is an unknown quantity at this point

We got our visas in April, need to go before March 09 or validate.

Have sold our house and survey has passed etc, just waiting for searches and hopefully exchange.

But every time I turn on the damn tv/read a paper it is doom and gloom and I worry about them pulling out grrrrrrr

I am hoping this is our LAST winter here, peeing down outside and grey!
Old Sep 9th 2008, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Oliveoil
We got our visas in April, need to go before March 09 or validate.

Have sold our house and survey has passed etc, just waiting for searches and hopefully exchange.

But every time I turn on the damn tv/read a paper it is doom and gloom and I worry about them pulling out grrrrrrr

I am hoping this is our LAST winter here, peeing down outside and grey!
I know, I am soooo sick of all the negative press about credit crunch, recession and bloomin house prices, they even complained when the government did the stamp duty thing, and they were complaining a week earlier that they hadnt done anything, I suppose it is the same old story good news doesnt sell!!!!
Old Sep 9th 2008, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Everyone in the same boat hey! The press and the news make sound worse then it is! At least we got something to look forward to (hopefully!!!)
Old Sep 9th 2008, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

GaryandBev has a brilliant futureGaryandBev has a brilliant futureGaryandBev has a brilliant futureGaryandBev has a brilliant futureGaryandBev has a brilliant futureGaryandBev has a brilliant future

We got our visa 1st Aug and the job is waiting (but for how long), house been on the market for 4 month. No viewers and dropped the price 40k. We are having an open viewing this weekend, hope its a good one. Its so frustrating Fingers crossed for all
Gary
Old Sep 10th 2008, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all

Good luck everyone, on a positive note house prices in aus have stopped climbing & the pound is getting stronger so waiting might make a big difference to your new ,hope that helps gary