Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

... and so it begins.

Wikiposts

... and so it begins.

Old Jul 6th 2004, 11:08 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Unhappy ... and so it begins.

there was once a thread posted on here about 'things' going wrong just before they're due to be shipped or sold.

I was hoping i'd be able to avoid having to post anything like this but no. here i am, 3 weeks to go before all my junk gets packed and stacked in a container, posting such a thread.

Well my washing machine has decided to defy all known laws of washing machines by going totally wappy. you try and do anything and it will do a full wash cycle no matter what you wanted it to do. (very useful if you just want to drain the thing!)

So what's wrong with it? Nobody knows!! I had an engineer out to it yesterday for 2 hours, swapping every part he could from what he could find in his van and it made no difference. The main processor, dials, sensors, motors, pump, heater, - all gone and replaced. They called the technical guys and they couldn't help either. (bluddy good job it's under the extended guarantee still!) So he's coming back on friday for round two. (washer 1 - engineer 0)

anyway, i just thought i'd just see if anyone else is noticing 'things' starting to behave like they really just don't want to go.... (just keep it quiet though, i've not told my dyson it's going yet!)
Old Jul 6th 2004, 11:12 pm
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice
Default Re: ... and so it begins.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by scutterUK
there was once a thread posted on here about 'things' going wrong just before they're due to be shipped or sold.

I BLOODY TYPICAL.....
hope it gets sorted b4 you leave, are you selling your washer or shipping it over?
ps, still think your thing is ugly but cute ( no rude comebacks please )
johanne
Old Jul 6th 2004, 11:42 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Central heating timer suddenly had a life of its own and the dishwasher would only wash ... sometimes! but it was ok cos we left the dishwasher and obviously the timer to our buyers who had already got our house at a knock down price so we didnt give a monkeys
Old Jul 7th 2004, 12:33 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

[QUOTE]Originally posted by johanne
Originally posted by scutterUK

I BLOODY TYPICAL.....
hope it gets sorted b4 you leave, are you selling your washer or shipping it over?
ps, still think your thing is ugly but cute ( no rude comebacks please )
johanne

...erm so who have you been speaking to? There's absolutely nothing wrong with me thing and i'll like to put a stop to this rumour once and for all.... ok?

unfortunately i'll be taking the washing thing with me. It's nearly new after all.... well actually it's 90% brand new now thanks to the engineer.

I'm just hoping my car manages to get me to the end of this month. I've sold it to this guy who's happy to wait until i've finished with it before he gives me the cash! (couldn't have asked for more! )

Old Jul 7th 2004, 12:36 am
life begins again...

Originally posted by sky
Central heating timer suddenly had a life of its own and the dishwasher would only wash ... sometimes! but it was ok cos we left the dishwasher and obviously the timer to our buyers who had already got our house at a knock down price so we didnt give a monkeys
haha! that's something else! the last house i sold before this one the central heating timer decided to fry it's own little crystal display thing 3 days before i was due to leave.

You do right sky, they gets what they pays fa. they should have tried it before buying your house.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 1:06 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

opposite happened today - a month ago replaced doggy scales with new one, but new one only showed an error. That was until I eventually took them in to complain for the assistant to get them working first time (not doing anything different to what I or Mr W).

sods law, I beileve is at work

At least wm breakdown did not happen a week after arriving - suppose the guarantee doesn't cover house calls in Oz
Old Jul 7th 2004, 1:10 am
life begins again...

Originally posted by walaj
opposite happened today - a month ago replaced doggy scales with new one, but new one only showed an error. That was until I eventually took them in to complain for the assistant to get them working first time (not doing anything different to what I or Mr W).

sods law, I beileve is at work

At least wm breakdown did not happen a week after arriving - suppose the guarantee doesn't cover house calls in Oz
now you see that is a good point. better now than after it's arrived. never thought of it like that.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 1:11 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by scutterUK

I was hoping i'd be able to avoid having to post anything like this but no. here i am, 3 weeks to go before all my junk gets packed and stacked in a container, posting such a thread.

Well my washing machine has decided to defy all known laws of washing machines by going totally wappy. you try and do anything and it will do a full wash cycle no matter what you wanted it to do. (very useful if you just want to drain the thing!)

So what's wrong with it? Nobody knows!! I had an engineer out to it yesterday for 2 hours, swapping every part he could from what he could find in his van and it made no difference. The main processor, dials, sensors, motors, pump, heater, - all gone and replaced. They called the technical guys and they couldn't help either. (bluddy good job it's under the extended guarantee still!) So he's coming back on friday for round two. (washer 1 - engineer 0)

anyway, i just thought i'd just see if anyone else is noticing 'things' starting to behave like they really just don't want to go.... (just keep it quiet though, i've not told my dyson it's going yet!)
Did it applay to emigtate in it's own right? And it is waiting for a visa?

If so that could explain the breakdown

Walla
Old Jul 7th 2004, 1:25 am
Living the Oz lifestyle..

sunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant future

Hi Scutter,

Yup, I can definitely relate. Our washing machine has also decided it doesn't want to wash anymore which is extremely annoying as our removals are coming to collect all our worldly goods and ship them on their way in 3 weeks time!!! Besides I also can't cope without it working for that long as I HATE going to the washerette. When we switch it on it kinda thinks about it and then just keeps clicking round and round the cycles, doing nothing. Painful bit is it's just outside the guarantee - typical !!!
Mr S has checked the problem out on the internet but hey, guess what.... you have to get an engineer in. I think they do it on purpose you know, a timed delay break down.

Good luck with yours!
Sunchaser
Old Jul 7th 2004, 1:40 am
life begins again...

Originally posted by sunchaser
Hi Scutter,

Yup, I can definitely relate. Our washing machine has also decided it doesn't want to wash anymore which is extremely annoying as our removals are coming to collect all our worldly goods and ship them on their way in 3 weeks time!!! Besides I also can't cope without it working for that long as I HATE going to the washerette. When we switch it on it kinda thinks about it and then just keeps clicking round and round the cycles, doing nothing. Painful bit is it's just outside the guarantee - typical !!!
Mr S has checked the problem out on the internet but hey, guess what.... you have to get an engineer in. I think they do it on purpose you know, a timed delay break down.

Good luck with yours!
Sunchaser

well it's either a timed delay breakdown or they have some sort of emmigration sensor. mine's just to go in 3 weeks too! It's not a candy is it?

i tell ya... 'they' know! it's like computators.... they're a lot smarter than you think. They know when to crash, and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

Good luck with yours too! (blooming washing machines they hate me i swear it!)
Old Jul 7th 2004, 1:41 am
life begins again...

Originally posted by walla1
Did it applay to emigtate in it's own right? And it is waiting for a visa?

If so that could explain the breakdown

Walla
maybe it's a sympathy breakdown? ? it just feels sorry for me having to go through all this? maybe? hmm...
Old Jul 7th 2004, 4:20 am
Living the Oz lifestyle..

sunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant future

Hi Scutter,

I reckon they think we don't have enough stress and just want to add some more. Well it's going to get a good talking to and if it doesn't behave it will stay behind.

Sunchaser
PS: It's a ..... hold on, gotta go check..... Indesit. I thought it was fab as I could set the temperatures on any cycle. Doesn't help much when it won't work!
Old Jul 7th 2004, 4:25 am
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Yeah my cars buggered!!!! It keeps cutting out and its doing my head in.

Stereos worth more than the car, I might take it out when I flog the motor. Wanna swap your washer for a car???

Old Jul 7th 2004, 4:28 am
life begins again...

Originally posted by sunchaser
Hi Scutter,

I reckon they think we don't have enough stress and just want to add some more. Well it's going to get a good talking to and if it doesn't behave it will stay behind.

Sunchaser
PS: It's a ..... hold on, gotta go check..... Indesit. I thought it was fab as I could set the temperatures on any cycle. Doesn't help much when it won't work!

ahhh it would have been funny if they were both the same.

mines currently sitting in the corner with its dunce hat on. it had a good talking to yesterday after the engineer left, and has now been grounded... no treats for it this weekend.... (i think i'd make a good parent? lol )

Last edited by scutterUK; Jul 7th 2004 at 4:31 am.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 4:30 am
life begins again...

Originally posted by loose
Yeah my cars buggered!!!! It keeps cutting out and its doing my head in.

Stereos worth more than the car, I might take it out when I flog the motor. Wanna swap your washer for a car???

not a chance! it's the same with mine, i only got £700 for it. The cd player cost more than that!! (ok that was 8 years ago...
)

well nothing has gone wrong so far, so i'm hoping this is it for me. plain sailing from now on????... i hope.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.