Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Snow Boarding in Brissie

Snow Boarding in Brissie

Old Jan 21st 2007, 2:31 am
BE Enthusiast

brissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nice
Default Snow Boarding in Brissie

HI ya u lot.

Just wanna know if there are any snowbaording facilities in and around Brisbane. sounds stupid i know, leaveing UK and looking for snow in Oz lol!!!

But i just love the white stuff, and the sun!!!

I know i'll probably get hooked on the surfin' stuff but just cant go without me board n 360's, grindes n all that powder. :-D

Please can someone out there tell me that thare is a snowdome of sorts in Brissie

Please help me !!!

Buddyboy
Old Jan 21st 2007, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Snow Boarding in Brissie

Originally Posted by brissie-here-we-come
HI ya u lot.

Just wanna know if there are any snowbaording facilities in and around Brisbane. sounds stupid i know, leaveing UK and looking for snow in Oz lol!!!

I know i'll probably get hooked on the surfin' stuff but just cant go without me board n 360's, grindes n all that powder. :-D

Please can someone out there tell me that thare is a snowdome of sorts in Brissie

Please help me !!!

Buddyboy
The sand hills on Moreton Island is the closest thing. Alternatively you could race up to Stanthorpe when ever they get a dusting.

You do realise Brisbane is sub-tropical?

WW
Old Jan 21st 2007, 4:33 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

HI ya u lot.

Please help me !!!

Buddyboy
Sounds like you'd be better off going further south......
Old Jan 21st 2007, 5:09 am
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pollyana
We did sand boarding on the Island but its not really like snow boarding, and you get too hot walking back up the dune! Pete.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 6:10 am
Banned

Dirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pollyana
wrong country...try New Zealand
Old Jan 21st 2007, 6:32 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dirk1971
wrong country...try New Zealand
Hmm, plenty of snow in northern Vic, and the mountains of NSW though, as well as Tassie.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

jason and allie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
your best bet is NZ. You can get some cracking cheap flights from Brissie to NZ and once there the accomodation is CHEAP. Your best bet is Queenstown or Wanaka. I prefer Wanaka myself as its much more layed back and chilled and less touristy. You'll probably have to fly to Christchurch and then its either a days coach transfer down to Queenstown or Wanaka, or if you are lucky I have seen flights down to Wanaka from Christchurch for as little as $50!!!
Some of the best areas are The Remarkables, Cardona and Treble cone and there is a huge Snow Park if thats your thing. I'll bet a pound to a penny its cheaper than going down to the snowy mountains. Jason
Old Jan 21st 2007, 9:48 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Aldi where selling Snow Boarding gear a few months back in Brisbane so you must be able to do it somewhere
Old Jan 21st 2007, 10:03 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
Aldi where selling Snow Boarding gear a few months back in Brisbane so you must be able to do it somewhere
Yeah, its called somewhere there is snow thats not a sub tropical climate.

People here do go out of the country from time to time on vacation hence the gear shop. You have to bear in mind that most Queenslanders have never seen snow before.

Mt Hotham in Victoria hosts an annual event sponsored by Billabong but most people end up going to NZ.

There are no indoor venues.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

jon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of light

http://www.skidxb.com/English/default.aspx
See, its not such a mad idea to have skiing in a tropical climate!!
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

brissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nice

Yeah i know its bleeding hot as hell over there, but i heard the aussies were the world exporters of snow making machinery for snow domes, so just thought id ask if there was any near brissie, al though snowboarding in the sun with me suncreme on sounds better than freezin me bollox off
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

jon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah i know its bleeding hot as hell over there, but i heard the aussies were the world exporters of snow making machinery for snow domes, so just thought id ask if there was any near brissie, al though snowboarding in the sun with me suncreme on sounds better than freezin me bollox off
Just get into surfing - its even better than snowboarding, trust me.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:56 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

i agree with jason and allie. i usually head over to queenstown/wanaka. however there are some great places to go near christchurch also.

every year i price up a 10 day trip to NZ against a 10 day OZ snowboarding holiday. NZ always works out cheaper, even with flights and better accommodation.

have often wondered if a venture capitalist could put an indoor snow arena down with all the other gold coast tourist attractions. i know heaps of brisbanites that would go if it was good enough!
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jason and allie
Hi,
your best bet is NZ. You can get some cracking cheap flights from Brissie to NZ and once there the accomodation is CHEAP. Your best bet is Queenstown or Wanaka. I prefer Wanaka myself as its much more layed back and chilled and less touristy. You'll probably have to fly to Christchurch and then its either a days coach transfer down to Queenstown or Wanaka, or if you are lucky I have seen flights down to Wanaka from Christchurch for as little as $50!!!
Some of the best areas are The Remarkables, Cardona and Treble cone and there is a huge Snow Park if thats your thing. I'll bet a pound to a penny its cheaper than going down to the snowy mountains. Jason
Useful info - forwarded to my 19 yr old son who's been asking me about skiing in Oz
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jon and alex
Just get into surfing - its even better than snowboarding, trust me.
I think surfing is the best option, just hope no little critters wanna start chompin on me toes. Only tried surfing once at Newquay in the UK. Tried to catch a wave for six hours, was absolutely knackered and i suck at surfing

Maybe a little more practice n I'll get the hang of it

Completely agree with brisnick about having a snowdome near the gold coast. I know there is a state of the art one going up in WA, one on the gold coast would do loads of buisness, wot with all the surfers n that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.