Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Snow bloody snow

Snow bloody snow

Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Snow bloody snow

Ok who can't get to work today? There have been four crashes on my road and a guy has parked his van outside my drive at 6:50 this morning and walked off. Australia you are lucky you don't have bloody snow!
What a pain this has been.
give us your thoughts cos guess what! I'm sat here all day with no work to go to.
Lol
Lace
Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice
Default Re: Snow bloody snow

Originally Posted by lacey21
Ok who can't get to work today? There have been four crashes on my road and a guy has parked his van outside my drive at 6:50 this morning and walked off. Australia you are lucky you don't have bloody snow!
What a pain this has been.
give us your thoughts cos guess what! I'm sat here all day with no work to go to.
Lol
Lace

I have just been looking at the local radio websites at the number of schools closed due to snow. Why is it we grind to a halt with a bit of snow??

Just sitting here thinking do i really have to go out to work must be much too dangerous to be driving ??!!! LOL

Chris
Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:20 am
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future
Unhappy Re: Snow bloody snow

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
I have just been looking at the local radio websites at the number of schools closed due to snow. Why is it we grind to a halt with a bit of snow??

Just sitting here thinking do i really have to go out to work must be much too dangerous to be driving ??!!! LOL

Chris
Barely any snow here in Surrey, and there are still two accidents on the A3.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know what it is like there but here is horrible and my boss I think doesn't belevie me when I say I can't get out. lol
never mind
Lace
Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Well its still snowing here don't feel left out it might be on its way to you!!
good job you got no snow if you already had 3 accidents in the area would be loads more i think

Chris
must go brave the snow!!
Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:42 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't gone to work either today, I did manage yesterday and was sent home early.
This morning I can't get car off drive (it's a bugger off a driveway even on a good day) Bus broke down up the road, no cars moving in sight, and the snow just keeps on coming. However the school I live on is open so no doubt we'll get snowballs thrown at our windows at break time.
Marie
Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi marie,
hope you enjoyed your hols.
Well I can't get my car off the drive either and have told my boss but I think that she feels that I am lying. I am not cos I can't move. Two vans trying to get up the road now but can't. My boss said cant you get a bus. Yeah right none come to where I live cos it is too bad.
oh well
lace lol :
Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:46 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

It`s pathetic here in Kent. It snowed sure, but it`s not exactly knee-deep or anything. I drove home from Gerrards Cross after a nightshift yesterday morning and it wasn`t too bad on the M25. Went out for a drive yesterday to Headcorn and it wasn`t bad. Put on the local news last night and they`re saying loads of schools were closed and trains and blah-blah-blah. Bollocks. This isn`t real snow... not like in Manchester etc. Unbelievable. People just say they can`t get to work to have a day off. Our baby was due to have her hearing test yesterday and the cliinic rang up at 9am to try and get us to cancel "because of the snow". They rang later to say it was on again as they couldn`t get all to cancel... they just wanted the day off.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:50 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stormz
It`s pathetic here in Kent. It snowed sure, but it`s not exactly knee-deep or anything. I drove home from Gerrards Cross after a nightshift yesterday morning and it wasn`t too bad on the M25. Went out for a drive yesterday to Headcorn and it wasn`t bad. Put on the local news last night and they`re saying loads of schools were closed and trains and blah-blah-blah. Bollocks. This isn`t real snow... not like in Manchester etc. Unbelievable. People just say they can`t get to work to have a day off. Our baby was due to have her hearing test yesterday and the cliinic rang up at 9am to try and get us to cancel "because of the snow". They rang later to say it was on again as they couldn`t get all to cancel... they just wanted the day off.

Yes, I was due in college last night here in Kent and it was cancelled as the whole college was closed - WHY???? We didnt have that much snow anyway and by the time it was evening it had just about gone.

Made me laugh on the BBC News last night, the reporter was just up the road from us at the gritting depot and they said they've already used half their reserves of grit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you imagine if we had months of this weather like in Canada - the whole country would completely grind to a halt...
Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:54 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Hi marie,
Well I can't get my car off the drive either and have told my boss but I think that she feels that I am lying. I am not cos I can't move. Two vans trying to get up the road now but can't. My boss said cant you get a bus. Yeah right none come to where I live cos it is too bad.
oh well
lace lol :
Great hol, thanks Lacey, can't believe after a week in the sun we've come back to snow. Manchesters not to far from us, how much snow have you got! Here in Sheffield we've had nearly 8 inches (Libbys just stuck a ruler in the ground to see how much there is) and it's still at it, there ice under the snow aswell so it must've froze the remainder of yesterdays and then settled on top, we had about 2 inches yesterday.
I can't believe everything comes to a stand still when it snows, they don't have this problem in other countries.
Marie
Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

In Oldham, Manchester, it is really bad. The cars are coming down the hill on their sides about 5 have stopped in the middle of the road and one of the cars are sliding now as we look. It is really bad here we are near the Pennines though
Lace
Old Feb 24th 2005, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

In Oldham, Manchester, it is really bad. The cars are coming down the hill on their sides about 5 have stopped in the middle of the road and one of the cars are sliding now as we look. It is really bad here we are near the Pennines though
Lace
Snowing in Nottingham, but melting as soon as it hits the ground. Result just lots of puddles.
Glad we don't have much and hope it stops as I am driving to Heathrow tomorrow to pick up my lovely son after his reckie trip to look at Wellington Uni and University of Queensland. Can't wait to see him.

Kaz
Old Feb 24th 2005, 9:11 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hi marie,
oh well
lace lol :
Hiya Lace,
I have a boss that doesn't believe anything I say either, get your digital camera out and e-mail them a snap. That should shut them up. No snow as such here, looks more like icing sugar.
Sarah
Old Feb 24th 2005, 9:22 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Staying here for a few days in Portsmouth with my son and there has been no snow at all.

Just a few flakes.

Bet it is different back home in the Peak district.

G
Old Feb 24th 2005, 9:48 am

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice

Lace
Christ, I was due to go to Oldham today to see my best mate before I fly out to OZ on Sunday....but I'm struggling to leave my road!! I live near Macclesfield and am pretty worried about getting out of here at all. Anyone seen the weather forecast for the next couple of days?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.