Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Snotty bitches.....rental agents...!!!!

Snotty bitches.....rental agents...!!!!

Old Mar 13th 2006, 12:45 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light
Default Snotty bitches.....rental agents...!!!!

Has anyone else had the real estate mafia looking down their noses at them..????

We are a family of 5, never rented any accommodation (always owned) and have never been so solvent in our lives...
But you turn up to look at a dump of a rental property with three kids and no pets and they couldn't do less for you if they tried...and to top it all they want $300 a week or more for some of these sh1t holes...

We eventually found a property to rent a brand new one but no thanks to these tarts....

phew !!!! it's good to be back......

p.s. It's furking great down here... keep tyring people..the more the merrier
Old Mar 13th 2006, 1:00 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Snotty bitches.....rental agents...!!!!

Originally Posted by CORKER
Has anyone else had the real estate mafia looking down their noses at them..????

We are a family of 5, never rented any accommodation (always owned) and have never been so solvent in our lives...
But you turn up to look at a dump of a rental property with three kids and no pets and they couldn't do less for you if they tried...and to top it all they want $300 a week or more for some of these sh1t holes...

We eventually found a property to rent a brand new one but no thanks to these tarts....

When it comes to renting, estate agents couldn't give a sh1t. Be prepared to be lied to, let down & get generally crap service. I hated dealing with them but hopefully will never have to rent again.
Old Mar 13th 2006, 1:04 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
When it comes to renting, estate agents couldn't give a sh1t. Be prepared to be lied to, let down & get generally crap service. I hated dealing with them but hopefully will never have to rent again.
My sentiments exactly. It doesnt matter how much you earn or have in the bank. Detest the lot of them.
Old Mar 13th 2006, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

p.s. It's furking great down here... keep tyring

people..the more the merrier

oh we are moving to adelaide,what is a best way to find rented a place, estate agents or news paper.
we are to scare to go for the SA governtment rental one, since we read all the horror stories.
Old Mar 13th 2006, 2:33 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Their lying is legendary. In some protracted conversations with ours last week, she said she had been speaking to the owner about our various problems and had told him that our antipest people had told her how well we kept the house. This is pretty miraculous, as the pest people, at this point, had only spoken to me on the phone. What the.....? Who and why the flannel??????

In the last 10 months, the poor aircon people have been out 7 or 8 times to try and fix the unfixable - an old and dying reverse cycle aircon unit. When I complained to the agent about their unbelievely slow referral to the engineer during the recent hot spell, as I sat slowly cooking in the house, he informed me that he had told us that the system was 'aged'. I'm sorry, I hadn't realised that 'aged' could mean 'not working' but that you could still advertise the place as having it.

Slight teeth grinding on my part. AAAAAAAAAARGH!
Old Mar 13th 2006, 3:06 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Please... there has to be SOMEONE with good reports of renting out there. You're not filling those of us about to do it with any confidence...
Old Mar 13th 2006, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

I have been researching a load of properties for rental in Perth as we'll be there in less than 2 weeks. I have emailed LOADS of the agents asking simple questions and have not received one single answer!!! Don't they make money out of the rentals? Why the poor service? I'm seriously unimpressed with them so far.
Tracey
Old Mar 13th 2006, 3:27 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The Johnstons
I have been researching a load of properties for rental in Perth as we'll be there in less than 2 weeks. I have emailed LOADS of the agents asking simple questions and have not received one single answer!!! Don't they make money out of the rentals? Why the poor service? I'm seriously unimpressed with them so far.
Tracey

Whereas I have been emailing quite a few in the Blue Mountains and the reaction has been mixed. They all replied, but two didn't have much of a grasp of basic punctuation, spelling or grammar... The one impressive one was a fairly posh agent up there who was soooo good. She's been so helpful. Guess who we'll be going to see when we get there.
As with selling your house here ... go with the best quality agent you can find.
Old Mar 13th 2006, 3:36 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

The front page article in the West Australian at the weekend was about the shortage of rental accommodation and how the rents go up as people vie to secure them. The vacancy rate at the mo is like 1.6 per cent which is well below the minimum of what is seen as normal.

Be prepared for some stiff competion and doing all the leg work. The agents won't help at all!!
Old Mar 13th 2006, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iPom
Whereas I have been emailing quite a few in the Blue Mountains and the reaction has been mixed. They all replied, but two didn't have much of a grasp of basic punctuation, spelling or grammar... The one impressive one was a fairly posh agent up there who was soooo good. She's been so helpful. Guess who we'll be going to see when we get there.
As with selling your house here ... go with the best quality agent you can find.
That's great that you've found a good one. I'll just keep trying. We were lucky with our house sale here, friends bought it before it went on the market .
Tracey
Old Mar 13th 2006, 3:55 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Please... there has to be SOMEONE with good reports of renting out there. You're not filling those of us about to do it with any confidence...
We've got quite a few friends in the Hawkesbury NSW area and they've had no problems with rentals. The agents seem to have been pretty helpful too and have said that they would hold a property for us as long as we put it in writing that we wouldn't pull out at the last minute.

Emailing them from the UK however does seem to be a complete waste of time. Thats why I'm leaving it in the hands of my friends to do viewings and liaise with the the Agents.

Chin up mate and chant!!

Rach xxxx
Old Mar 13th 2006, 4:27 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by tygwyn
We've got quite a few friends in the Hawkesbury NSW area and they've had no problems with rentals. The agents seem to have been pretty helpful too and have said that they would hold a property for us as long as we put it in writing that we wouldn't pull out at the last minute.

Emailing them from the UK however does seem to be a complete waste of time. Thats why I'm leaving it in the hands of my friends to do viewings and liaise with the the Agents.

Chin up mate and chant!!

Rach xxxx
Chanting away, Rach...
Old Mar 13th 2006, 4:56 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Chanting away, Rach...
Glad to hear it!
Old Mar 13th 2006, 9:21 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
oh we are moving to adelaide,what is a best way to find rented a place, estate agents or news paper.
we are to scare to go for the SA governtment rental one, since we read all the horror stories.
the advertiser is published every wed and sat with an abundance of private and estate agents ads .get yourself a good a to z and be prepared to drive around looking at areas,find the houses and do a drive by first that can be enough without even looking inside believe me!!!!then check with the agent when they are doing a showing that can be any day any time and the agent can be there as little as 15 mins . the one we got was open 11.30 to 11.45 one sat am so be on time.when you are interested in one fill in an application be prepared,we had to have copies of bank statements personal references.if you have sold your house at home ask the estate agent for a ref stating condition of property you sold even mention condition of garden.....no i am not exaggerating!!!!but do not be put off there are some good properties out there but do your homework get in touch if you need help.....
Old Mar 13th 2006, 9:28 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Johnstons
Tracey
Welcome to the real Oz world! It will get worse...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.