Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Snobbery in Perth Real or Fake !!!!

Snobbery in Perth Real or Fake !!!!

Old Jan 12th 2011, 11:40 pm
seen George Michael !!

Bill Frame is just really niceBill Frame is just really niceBill Frame is just really niceBill Frame is just really niceBill Frame is just really niceBill Frame is just really niceBill Frame is just really niceBill Frame is just really niceBill Frame is just really niceBill Frame is just really niceBill Frame is just really nice
Default Snobbery in Perth Real or Fake !!!!

Hi
having read quite a few threads and various replies it would seem that we have done a good job in exporting the class system to Oz, we have the have and the have nots and depending on where you can afford to live you are judged accordingly, quite disappointing really
Or

Am I just imagining this !!!!!
Old Jan 12th 2011, 11:46 pm
Banned

CasualObserver1 will become famous soon enoughCasualObserver1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Snobbery in Perth Real or Fake !!!!

Originally Posted by Bill Frame
Hi
having read quite a few threads and various replies it would seem that we have done a good job in exporting the class system to Oz, we have the have and the have nots and depending on where you can afford to live you are judged accordingly, quite disappointing really
Or

There has always been a class system in Australia. It different to the UK, but it's there.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 12:20 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Or

Definitely alive and kicking, no different to the UK (or anywhere else come to think of it) in that regard. Where you live and where your kids go to school is a recipe for a right old ding dong on BE.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 12:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Definitely alive and kicking, no different to the UK (or anywhere else come to think of it) in that regard. Where you live and where your kids go to school is a recipe for a right old ding dong on BE.
Some people just like to argue, regardless of subject.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 12:51 am
Banned

CasualObserver1 will become famous soon enoughCasualObserver1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Some people just like to argue, regardless of subject.
No they don't.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

JBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by CasualObserver1
No they don't.
Yes they do
Old Jan 13th 2011, 12:56 am
Banned

Originally Posted by JBJ14
Yes they do
I disagree.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 12:57 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I disagree.
You're wrong.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 12:58 am
Banned

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
You're wrong.
I don't think so.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 1:07 am
Crazy Cat Lady

I don't think so.
Yup, you are. I'm right, always am, ask the husband.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 1:46 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

Australia has more of an Americanised status system compared to a class system that Britain has. The location of where you live and where you send your kids to school are the two most important aspects here of that system. It's more evident in Perth has Perth brings in more migrants and has a lot of Wealth for it's size. You can pay some outrageous prices for average food and beer but the prices are there because people are prepared to pay for it.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 1:51 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Or

I've been in Perth almost a week and I'm yet to see one ute with a dog on the back of it. I just don't feel like I'm in Australia.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 1:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kelli28
I've been in Perth almost a week and I'm yet to see one ute with a dog on the back of it. I just don't feel like I'm in Australia.
Get yourself a few km's out of the city to Gidgegannup or further up to road to Toodyay or something and you'll fulfill your dreams.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 2:00 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Kim67
Get yourself a few km's out of the city to Gidgegannup or further up to road to Toodyay or something and you'll fulfill your dreams.
Make sure you take your banjo too.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

JBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to all

Make sure you take your banjo too.
And hope you don't need a dentist!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.