snake

Old Oct 19th 2003, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default snake

After 5 months here, desperate to get a close look at the wildlife, today we came across a snake walking along to Kennedy Bay. It moved alot quicker than I thought, just slithered across the path in front of us. Also see blue tongue lizards.

still waiting to come across a huntsman or a redback.
Old Oct 19th 2003, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Good news that they are not all slithering across your garden regularly!! It must be wierd seeing a snake in the wild though.

How are things working out for you in Perth- I can't believe it has been 5 months since you left!
Old Oct 19th 2003, 2:20 pm
WBB

Default Re: snake

Originally posted by abergas
After 5 months here, desperate to get a close look at the wildlife, today we came across a snake walking along to Kennedy Bay. It moved alot quicker than I thought, just slithered across the path in front of us. Also see blue tongue lizards.

still waiting to come across a huntsman or a redback.

we had a family of redbacks living under the outside steps to the house and also in the peg box, we were very fortunate in that we came across a lot of the wild life australia is home to.

kangaroos, crocodiles, snakes, spiders the usual things you associate with australia, one evening we had a koala in a tree at the bottom of the garden and even australians who lived there 30 years had never seen one in the wild.

Old Oct 19th 2003, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default Re: snake

Originally posted by welshboybilly
we had a family of redbacks living under the outside steps to the house and also in the peg box, we were very fortunate in that we came across a lot of the wild life australia is home to.

kangaroos, crocodiles, snakes, spiders the usual things you associate with australia, one evening we had a koala in a tree at the bottom of the garden and even australians who lived there 30 years had never seen one in the wild.

I spent months worrying about all the wildlife here and how I was going to cope, not bothered at all now
Old Oct 20th 2003, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

I too spent much time worrying about spiders and snakes, but we find the mozzies and cockroaches much more annoying, and more numerous of course. Last week I was swooped on by a magpie while running, now that's scary. You hear stories of people having their eyes and ears pecked, one old guy died of a heart attack recently following such an attack.

Abergas, are we seeing you at the get-together next weekend?
Old Oct 20th 2003, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Jacqui
I too spent much time worrying about spiders and snakes, but we find the mozzies and cockroaches much more annoying, and more numerous of course. Last week I was swooped on by a magpie while running, now that's scary. You hear stories of people having their eyes and ears pecked, one old guy died of a heart attack recently following such an attack.

Yes Jacqui we will be meeting at the get-together next weekend, looking forward to it.

yve
Old Oct 20th 2003, 10:15 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jacqui

Just showing parental care, we could all learn from magpies ,..... MM