Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Smoking in Australia

Smoking in Australia

Old Jan 28th 2008, 4:06 am
Forum Regular

ameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really nice
Smile Smoking in Australia

Folks,

I am sorry, i tried to find a right place to post this topic, i didnt find it, i am sorry if this is not the right place

I am a smoker, how is the scene in AUS on smoking? say we can do it any and evrywhere? how much cigs cost?

Thanx...

Would appreciate any more infor on that...
Old Jan 28th 2008, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

michael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud of
Default Re: Smoking in Australia

No smoking permitted in pubs, restaurants, cafes (except in designated outdoor areas) or in the workplace.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

ameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really nice

Originally Posted by michael_w
No smoking permitted in pubs, restaurants, cafes (except in designated outdoor areas) or in the workplace.
Thanx Michael, i think the time has come i give up on the stick
Old Jan 28th 2008, 4:27 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ameya
Thanx Michael, i think the time has come i give up on the stick
What, and miss out on all the office gossip?

About $12 for 25 full of all the tar you can handle, by the way.

I like to enjoy mine over a South Bank watching the joggers race to their inevitable death.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
What, and miss out on all the office gossip?

About $12 for 25 full of all the tar you can handle, by the way.

I like to enjoy mine over a South Bank watching the joggers race to their inevitable death.
Hehehehhehehehe, i know its a difficult proposition anyway :curse:

Anyway thanx a ton, would appreciate if you can give me any info low tar cigs
Old Jan 28th 2008, 4:36 am

Hehehehhehehehe, i know its a difficult proposition anyway :curse:

Anyway thanx a ton, would appreciate if you can give me any info low tar cigs
We have many colours, menthol ones too, caramel maybe ... all I know is that unless my packet is red then I might as well be sucking a tampon.

I do like the ones with ridiculous names like 'Holiday', bring back 'Death' I say.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 4:47 am
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

i smoke roll ups with filters (bit like the difference between loose tea and tea bags) always say i will give up soon.
big packet of tobacco is about $25 and lasts me ages....
the organisation i work for is completly smoke free if you want to go and smoke you have to clock off work and go away from the building.
if you get caught smoking you are up for instant dismissal.......

doesn't bother me as i don't smoke at work and i'm not based in the office so really i can do what i like.. but still don't smoke at work though

i must say i feel uncomfortable smoking any where these days accept at home (and my kids make me feel uncomfortable with their disapproval at home)
must be time to give up
Old Jan 28th 2008, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by why
i smoke roll ups with filters (bit like the difference between loose tea and tea bags) always say i will give up soon.
big packet of tobacco is about $25 and lasts me ages....
the organisation i work for is completly smoke free if you want to go and smoke you have to clock off work and go away from the building.
if you get caught smoking you are up for instant dismissal.......

doesn't bother me as i don't smoke at work and i'm not based in the office so really i can do what i like.. but still don't smoke at work though

i must say i feel uncomfortable smoking any where these days accept at home (and my kids make me feel uncomfortable with their disapproval at home)
must be time to give up
I think, time has indeed come to give up on the tobacco stick
Old Jan 28th 2008, 5:04 am
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

I think, time has indeed come to give up on the tobacco stick
nicobate little pretend plastic fag things work well...especially on the plane..you can sit and act like you are having a big drag and then blow out...so you look like you are smoking but you aren't (pisses other people off as they think you have a real fag)
Old Jan 28th 2008, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by why
nicobate little pretend plastic fag things work well...especially on the plane..you can sit and act like you are having a big drag and then blow out...so you look like you are smoking but you aren't (pisses other people off as they think you have a real fag)
Old Jan 28th 2008, 5:23 am

Thought For The Day - Bob Marley died of cancer ... it started in his toe.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Thought For The Day - Bob Marley died of cancer ... it started in his toe.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 4:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ameya, I smoke too

There's a few bars and pubs in Adelaide that have now got outside area's where you can still smoke. Providing it's not enclosed then it's fine. They cost about $80 for a pack of 200 - some are cheaper depending on the brand.

But if you give up then good on you (can you please tell me how you do it though as I can't do it )
Old Jan 29th 2008, 4:14 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I am a smoker, how is the scene in AUS on smoking? say we can do it any and evrywhere? how much cigs cost?
...regulations vary from state to state although I'm fairly certain they pretty much all have indoor smoking bans now in public places...enforcement differs though. I've been in no smoking pubs in Sydney where the staff seem to pretty much turn a blind eye, but in Brisbane you often see patrons being marched to the door of the pub by bouncers within seconds of lighting up.

Why bother with low-tar? They're just as bad, if not worse for ya than regular.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 4:20 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Folks,

I am sorry, i tried to find a right place to post this topic, i didnt find it, i am sorry if this is not the right place

Thanx...

Would appreciate any more infor on that...
Looks like it's just the NT where smoking in public places is not totally banned:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...s_in_Australia

As many people smoke here as in the UK so you will have no problem there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.