Smog over perth

Old Aug 6th 2008, 2:27 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Smog over perth

Smog has been on the news lately so i was just wondering if any of the other Hill dwellers who drive down into Perth noticed the persistent grey band of what looks suspiciously like smog that sits over certain areas of Perth, you don't notice it when you are in Perth but it is very obvious when you drive down the hill?
I always thought Perth would be one the least affected places for smog as it is normally so windy.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 2:42 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Smog over perth

Originally Posted by chrispy
Smog has been on the news lately so i was just wondering if any of the other Hill dwellers who drive down into Perth noticed the persistent grey band of what looks suspiciously like smog that sits over certain areas of Perth, you don't notice it when you are in Perth but it is very obvious when you drive down the hill?
I always thought Perth would be one the least affected places for smog as it is normally so windy.
It has not been that windy lately so that might explain it. Also, as Australia is pretty backward when it comes to heating homes, the smoke from all the wood burning heaters does not help our air quality.

Last edited by Amazulu; Aug 6th 2008 at 2:50 am.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 2:45 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I think we have had a few burn offs up here in the northern suburbs too so that may have contributed.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 3:14 am
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Not noticed any smog but have noticed that on these cold morning there is always some mist hanging around, esp round Joondalup lake area.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 4:03 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrispy
I work on level 24 of one of the tallest buildings in the city and my window looks towards the airport and hills. There is regularly a band of mist stretching all the way along the bottom of the hills. Maybe the hills act like a windbreak to stop it getting blown away?

Or maybe Sam has been making curries for Marcus again?
Old Aug 6th 2008, 4:14 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
I work on level 24 of one of the tallest buildings in the city and my window looks towards the airport and hills. There is regularly a band of mist stretching all the way along the bottom of the hills. Maybe the hills act like a windbreak to stop it getting blown away?

Or maybe Sam has been making curries for Marcus again?
Or maybe she has cremated the poor fellow and thats HIM floating about perth
Old Aug 6th 2008, 4:17 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
Not noticed any smog but have noticed that on these cold morning there is always some mist hanging around, esp round Joondalup lake area.
It is sort of brown in colour so doesn't look like mist or low cloud, could be the curries though. I think the cold air stops it from dissapating as it is normall gone in the afternoon.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 11:35 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

It's the residual smoke from the burn offs in the north lately.