smelly washing?

Old Feb 21st 2008, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

h1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to all
Default smelly washing?

Hi

Just wondered how long you can leave clothes sitting in the washing machine before they smell bad?

I put the wash on overnight, mid afternoon next day opened the machine to hang them out but I had to rewash them as they smelt like a wet dog on heat. Is it my machine or the 32 degree heat yesterday?

I used to forget I had done washing in Uk and maybe left in machine for 1-2 days - never had to rewash anything!
Old Feb 21st 2008, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: smelly washing?

Originally Posted by h1tvd
Hi

Just wondered how long you can leave clothes sitting in the washing machine before they smell bad?

I put the wash on overnight, mid afternoon next day opened the machine to hang them out but I had to rewash them as they smelt like a wet dog on heat. Is it my machine or the 32 degree heat yesterday?

I used to forget I had done washing in Uk and maybe left in machine for 1-2 days - never had to rewash anything!
i have found that too must be the heat that does it
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 12:01 am
BE Enthusiast

GillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

Are you sure you didn't accidently put a dog in the wash??????
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Don't know - the wife does all my washing
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 12:08 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I hate that. I have had to throw some clothes away because I could never wash the smell away in the past. The same thing happens if you leave them in a basket for several hours. I had it happen in the UK too.

Our washing machine has a setting that you can leave the wash sat in water rather than spun if you are going to be a while which is supposed to avoid this but never tried it. So when you get up / get back etc it only takes a 10 minute spin before they are ready to hang out. But then that assumes you plan to leave it rather than got drunk and forgot about it
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 12:16 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I had to rewash
Tut, tut, tut....2 minute showers for you for the next week!
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
Don't know - the wife does all my washing
why does that not surprise me ?
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

I vaguely remember seeing an answer to this somewhere. Make sure you wipe down your door once the load is done as the water left sitting causes mildew. Leave the door open between washes and run it on very hot every now and then to kill off any germs. Damp clothes in a basket would stink after a while for the same reason I guess.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 1:20 am
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold

Hi

I found that when they smell hanging them on the line helps to clear the smell especially if its windy!!

I normally hang them out early evening so they flap around all night and then bring them inside again in the morning!!

OR I buy that Aroma fabric conditioner thats quite strong so covers the smell up beautifully!!
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 1:24 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sham Williams

I normally hang them out early evening so they flap around all night and then bring them inside again in the morning!!
...doesn't work so well in Brisbane though cos its humid at night time...stuff can actually get a damp feel....better to get it dry during the day.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Mumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud of

thats is should stop reading this thread and really hang my washing out
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 3:07 am
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of

hang it straight out
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 3:18 am
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of

ops sorry about last post that was the washing getting dirty lol.Just do this and you will be fine.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 3:41 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Soaking in Napisan can help get rid of lingering 'mustiness'.

The clothes as well.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 4:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Soaking in Napisan can help get rid of lingering 'mustiness'.

The clothes as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.